SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Fox news is reporting that Loretta Lynch will announce today that she is removing herself from the email investigation proceedings; that the DOJ will follow the FBI recommendations.

Can only be a dream. After seeing the DoJ request that discovery (that the DoS had been stalling 6 months after a court order) wait another 2 years before releasing, how can Hilz be worried. She has the DNC, MSM, and the Executive Branch running interference. And when the MSM has to report on something bad, they will borrow the MSMs late 90s playbook and run a story for 10 minutes on how bad Trump is before acknowledging Hilz might have done something wrong.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
If the recommendation is to prosecute and she decides not to, no problem. If she agrees and decides to take Hillary to the Grand Jury, Clinton operatives will raise the conflict of interest, a violation of a Code of Federal Regulations, to force her recusal. Someone else will have to decide.

Are you saying Loretta just got played by Bill? Can you elaborate on that?

With Lynch recusing herself, the question now is who played who.

The pressure on this deal must be excruciating, damned if you do, damned if you don't, and now she is free of it.

Maybe the Clintons know full well the career professionals who are handling this are all Democrats anyway.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, wait, IrishWind has shown up to tell us more about the pardon.

Please, do go on with your dream-crushing, IrishWind.

Posts: 108079 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...be.html?intcmp=hpbt1

quote:
Under bipartisan fire following a private meeting with former President Clinton even as her Justice Department investigates Hillary Clinton over her secret email server, Attorney General Loretta Lynch will announce on Friday that she will defer to non-political subordinates on whether to bring charges against the likely Democratic presidential nominee.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
The pressure on this deal must be excruciating, damned if you do, damned if you don't, and now she is free of it.

Imagine the pressure on the director of the FBI. Wouldn't it be awesome to have full unfettered access to all the behind the scenes conversations and information he is receiving?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched a recording of yesterday's WH press conference. Josh Earnest fielded questions about the Lynch-Clinton meeting and the "optics" of such a meeting. His talking points revolved around two things. First, "I wasn't there, but AG Lynch has stated what they talked about." Second, and this is the one he kept returning to: "The importance of the rule of law." How this President holds it in such high regard and that Lynch has a "30 year record" of upholding the law. I was completely unconvinced, but he wouldn't budge--even to condemn the "appearance of impropriety."

Posts: 13374 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NY Times also reporting same story

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07...ail-server.html?_r=0

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case.

The Justice Department had been moving toward such an arrangement for months — officials said in April that it was being considered — but a private meeting between Ms. Lynch and former President Bill Clinton this week set off a political furor and made the decision all but inevitable.

Republicans said the meeting, which took place at the Phoenix airport, had compromised the independence of the investigation as the F.B.I. was winding it down. Some called for Ms. Lynch to recuse herself, but she did not take herself off the case — one that could influence a presidential election.

Ms. Lynch said that the meeting with Mr. Clinton was unplanned, largely social and did not touch on the email investigation. She suggested that he walked uninvited from his plane to her government plane, both of which were parked on a tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

Note - Lynch is not saying DoJ will automatically agree w whatever FBI recommends

She is saying she "will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director" make

Sounds like she is saying she is removing herself from the process

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Interesting development.

TIn foil hat time. If they are going to let Hillary skate in the face of a recommendation to prosecute, then they would need a political appointee to make that decision. Of course they would be loathe to do it because of all the flack they would get. So perhaps the fix is in and they have guaranteed that no recommendation to prosecute will be made. That way, there is no need for a political hack to make a blatantly political call to pass on the recommendation. Lynch then says she will recuse herself from a decision she was never going to have to make. She and Obama get to take credit for getting politics out of the process all the while knowing what the outcome will be.

Of course, I could be wrong. I would much rather believe an indictment is coming!

Posts: 6069 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

Imagine the pressure on the director of the FBI. Wouldn't it be awesome to have full unfettered access to all the behind the scenes conversations and information he is receiving?

At least he does not serve at the pleasure of the President or anyone else.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Interesting development.

TIn foil hat time. If they are going to let Hillary skate in the face of a recommendation to prosecute, then they would need a political appointee to make that decision. Of course they would be loathe to do it because of all the flack they would get. So perhaps the fix is in and they have guaranteed that no recommendation to prosecute will be made. That way, there is no need for a political hack to make a blatantly political call to pass on the recommendation. Lynch then says she will recuse herself from a decision she was never going to have to make. She and Obama get to take credit for getting politics out of the process all the while knowing what the outcome will be.

Of course, I could be wrong. I would much rather believe an indictment is coming!

Interesting that she will accept whatever is recommended rather than recuse herself from further involvement. This may be a distinction without a difference.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
She has the Executive Branch running interference.

You really think obama is running interference for the clintons? obama is going to let the cards fall where they may.
quote:
in 2008, former President Bill Clinton said of him: “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

quote:
The reported comment was similar to one attributed to Clinton in a 2010 book. “A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee,” Clinton is quoted as saying in “Game Change,” by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

http://nypost.com/2012/09/03/b...about-obama-in-2008/
quote:
Bill Clinton knocks ‘awful legacy’ of last 8 years

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...ful-legacy/82094792/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13421 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fox news is reporting that Loretta Lynch will announce today that she is removing herself from the email investigation proceedings; that the DOJ will follow the FBI recommendations.

Interesting. Does not the DOJ still have to make the determination to indict or not? If Lynch is not there to make the decision then I assume it will just be whomever is next in line. No??

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5078 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Turns out news of her recusal was misreported by the NY Times.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
CNN is reporting the same as Fox and the NYT...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/...ail-probe/index.html

Attorney General Loretta Lynch will accept the "determinations and findings" of the FBI and career prosecutors who are investigating Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, a Justice Department official said Friday.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
CNN is reporting the same as Fox and the NYT...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/...ail-probe/index.html

Attorney General Loretta Lynch will accept the "determinations and findings" of the FBI and career prosecutors who are investigating Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, a Justice Department official said Friday.

It will be interesting to see what she actually says and how it is reported. You can bet that the wording is being gone over 6 ways to Sunday by a team of lawyers at the DOJ.

- John Adams

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Interesting development.

I hope you're wrong but your scenario is very plausible.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-cQqxnySI

The above link is a Bill OReilly interview w the reporter who broke the story of the Lynch/Clinton meeting.

Pretty suspicious

Lynch's plane was parked in a private area of the airport reserved for big shots.

The reporter got a tip from a trusted source. He followed up and got the same info from another source. So the reporter asked Lynch about it directly in a news conference.

The sources said the FBI at the airplanes were instructing everyone on the ground "no photos" and "no cell phones"

I bet we would never had heard about this if the source hadn't provided the tip.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pretty suspicious

The meeting was intended to be clandestine. Didn't work.

Posts: 2857 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ms. Lynch said that the meeting with Mr. Clinton was unplanned, largely social and did not touch on the email investigation. She suggested that he walked uninvited from his plane to her government plane, both of which were parked on a tarmac at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

So... she's saying that the meeting was at Bill Clinton's request...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If you waned a double-super-secret meeting, this would be the way to do it. And Lynch never revealed that the meeting happened-- until the reporter surprised her at the news conference.

Highly suspicious, but, still, hard to interpret. For sure they did not meet to talk about their grandkids....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11123 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post