SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

What if she wins the election but the FBI formally reccomends that charges be brought before she is inaugurated. Then WTH happens?

Zippy will claim that the people have spoken and chosen her as their President, so he will pardon her.

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Can we just let the FBI do their job without thinking about stuff that hasn't happened or getting our panties in wad until then? It's all speculation until then. No one, not a single media source, is running off the deep end with conjecture and imagined thoughts like this thread.

Posts: 4127 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zippy will claim that the people have spoken and chosen her as their President, so he will pardon her.

Ixnay on the ardonpay.

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Can we just let the FBI do their job without thinking about stuff that hasn't happened or getting our panties in wad until then? It's all speculation until then. No one, not a single media source, is running off the deep end with conjecture and imagined thoughts like this thread.

I don't know. I'm kind of curious about this myself. I don't think that it will happen, but I am curious as to what the procedure would be, what the law says would happen. I would assume the VP would be sworn in as president, but I don't know.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
What is going on with Comey's investigation of Hillary? Is it typical of an FBI investigation to go on and on and on and on? The man is aware that there is national primary going on for the presidency, and the woman he is investigating is the presumptive nominee--right? He knows that a recommendation that she be indicted would affect her candidacy-- right? And yet-- it drags on interminably.

Seriously, is this investigation of Hillary within the time boundaries of what ordinarily happens in a major FBI investigation?
Personally, I'm hoping Comey is waiting for the Democrat Convention to let out his findings and recommendation. That would be a terrific bombshell to drop at exactly that moment.

My fantasy is that Comey waits until October to make her look unelectable.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29790 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kadin:
quote:

I don't know. I'm kind of curious about this myself. I don't think that it will happen, but I am curious as to what the procedure would be, what the law says would happen. I would assume the VP would be sworn in as president, but I don't know.

I'll play for a second.

If she wins the election and she's indicted, nothing happens to her as a matter of law. An indictment is just another word for "alleged misconduct" and it carries no more legal weight than you getting a parking ticket. Signing the ticket doesn't mean you're guilty and being indicted only means charges have been filed.

Nothing in the Consitution says once a president or president elect is indicted that they must step down and the VP takes over. Any president or person is allowed to defend themself, just like Nixon could have or Clinton himself and until the last gavel cracks, it's just allegations.

Unless Hillary wants to step down for the good of the country, nothing happens to her or the presidency, should she win.

Squat, jack shit, nada, zip and zilch is what happens.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flashlightboy,

Posts: 4127 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing in the Consitution says once a president or president elect is indicted that they must step down and the VP takes over. Any president or person is allowed to defend themself, just like Nixon could have or Clinton himself and until the last gravel cracks, it's just allegations.

Impeachment would be the procedure IIRC my civics classes. Nixon resigned when it looked like they might begin, then Ford pardoned him preventing any further legal action.

Clinton survived proceedings to impeach him.

link

quote:
On January 7, 1999, in a congressional procedure not seen since the 1868 impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson, the trial of President Clinton got underway in the Senate. As instructed in Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution, the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (William Rehnquist at this time) was sworn in to preside, and the senators were sworn in as jurors.

Five weeks later, on February 12, the Senate voted on whether to remove Clinton from office. The president was acquitted on both articles of impeachment. The prosecution needed a two-thirds majority to convict but failed to achieve even a bare majority. Rejecting the first charge of perjury, 45 Democrats and 10 Republicans voted “not guilty,” and on the charge of obstruction of justice the Senate was split 50-50. After the trial concluded, President Clinton said he was “profoundly sorry” for the burden his behavior imposed on Congress and the American people.

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Test1968:

You understand why.

The Republicans in their zeal to hang Clinton out to dry started the investigation and it slid past January 20, 1998. After that date, had Clinton been removed from office, AlGore would have become President and eligible for two more terms.

Nobody wanted that. They were lucky some of the Dems didn't join in the guilty vote.

The Dems were pretty well sick of Slick Willy, his word was worthless, etc.

It probably worked out for the best, actually.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
JAllen,

I do remember.

Proof the adage I once heard, 'the VP is impeachment insurance,'

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Impeachment would be the procedure IIRC my civics classes. Nixon resigned when it looked like they might begin, then Ford pardoned him preventing any further legal action.

Bill Clinton was impeached. He was not convicted by the Senate.

The only number that mattered to him then, and the only number that matters to Hillary is 34. It takes 67 votes (2/3) in the Senate to convict. Finding 34 corrupt Democratic Senators is not exactly a tall task.

Remember Hillary is the one who procured the 900 FBI files during Bill's first year in office. I'll bet more than 34 of them were Senators. She had dirt on everyone who was anyone. Some of them are still in the Senate.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"A State Department audit has faulted Hillary Clinton and previous secretaries of state for poorly managing email and other computer information and slowly responding to new cybersecurity risks.

The Associated Press obtained a copy of the report by the agency's inspector general Wednesday.

It cites "longstanding, systemic weaknesses" related to communications. These started before Clinton's appointment as secretary of state, but her failures were singled out as more serious.

The review came after revelations Clinton exclusively used a private email account and server while in office. Clinton is now the likely Democratic presidential nominee.

The 78-page report says the department and its secretaries were "slow to recognize and to manage effectively the legal requirements and cybersecurity risks associated with electronic data communications, particularly as those risks pertain to its most senior leadership." http://www.foxnews.com/politic...se.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I will bet dollars to donuts that other SecStates did not set up a private server then lie to hide the fact that they did not want .gov to know what they were up to.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20345 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It cites "longstanding, systemic weaknesses" related to communications. These started before Clinton's appointment as secretary of state, but her failures were singled out as more serious.

This is an attempted whitewash of Clinton along the lines of "they all did it, so why blame Hillary".

Previous Secretaries did not have private servers and handle all of their privileged communications outside of the official system, only Hillary did this.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That shit isn't going to fool or dissuade the FBI.

Nice try, and fully expected. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108140 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
She and her underlings violate Federal law and the headlines are that the audit "faults" her. How about a few years at a Federal country club?

"18 U.S. Code § 641 - Public money, property or records

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or

Whoever receives, conceals, or retains the same with intent to convert it to his use or gain, knowing it to have been embezzled, stolen, purloined or converted—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; but if the value of such property in the aggregate, combining amounts from all the counts for which the defendant is convicted in a single case, does not exceed the sum of $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."

Posts: 4028 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108140 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
"she did not comply with the Department's policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

So if she broke the rules, she broke the law.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10364 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Computers can be so confusing ***sigh***. In the meantime, I'll continue fighting for us." HR Clinton, 05/25/2016

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
In the report she tells Abedin that she wants another device to avoid FOIA:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Can't resist sharing the Hillary joke I heard today:

Hillary: I love infidelity

Bill: Me too.

Hillary: No, I was talking about Beyonce.

Bill: Me too.

The joke was in response to Hillary's disgusting, pandering to the Beyonce voters:

Hillary Clinton Endorses Beyonce’s Infidelity Album

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post