SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably because nobody can say what went on exactly,

Oh, I think quite a few people could tell us exactly what went on, right this minute though they think that it’s not in their best interests to do so.

But the pressure is mounting fast. Soon one of the rats will desert the ship.

As Hillary’s popularity declines, her chances of nomination, much less election become more and more slim, and the ship looks like floundering away will go the rats.

Drip, drip, drip.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Ding dong, the wicked bitch is nearly dead.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Her unfavorable is in the 60's, think she might be out sooner than later. If they are floating air biscuits like, Gore, Kerry, Biden,to see how they would be recieved, the DNC is planning on hitting rid of Hillary for good.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A summary by Washington Post. Most already covered here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...dc93e3b9a_story.html

The investigation is being overseen by two veteran prosecutors in the Justice Department’s National Security Division.

One of them helped manage the prosecution of David H. Petraeus, the retired general and former CIA director who was sentenced to probation earlier this year after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified materials

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ that sounds promising.

dare I think she may actually be held responsible for this, legally?

I dunno, it's nearly too much to conceive.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:

Oh, I think quite a few people could tell us exactly what went on, right this minute though they think that it’s not in their best interests to do so.

But the pressure is mounting fast. Soon one of the rats will desert the ship.

As Hillary’s popularity declines, her chances of nomination, much less election become more and more slim, and the ship looks like floundering away will go the rats.

Drip, drip, drip.

This.

Once it becomes obvious to those connected to her that she is probably going down, they will begin to have diarrhea of the mouth in order to save their own hides. Most politicians are absolute cowards.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nullary is about to develop some dramatic medical condition which will make it impossible for her to continue her campaign.

You wouldn't prosecute a sick old woman would you?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20347 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
quote:
Probably because nobody can say what went on exactly,

Don't change my meaning, please.

None of the candidate are speaking out, because they don't know what happened. It is all hearsay unless you were in the room, as the OBL killer put it. The evidence hasn't been developed, not yet, not fully. All they have to go on is gossip and news reports, pretty much the same thing.

Many in the political class have better sources than we do, but it is still incomplete. The story is developing, there are many twists and turns ahead. Sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Nullary is about to develop some dramatic medical condition which will make it impossible for her to continue her campaign.

You wouldn't prosecute a sick old woman would you?

RMD

Just like she did with Benghazi. Metaphorically speaking, they need to put a wooden stake through her heart, cut off her head, burn the remains and scatter the ashes so they can never reconstitute. Every time I see a picture of her I think of that vampire from the TV movie "Salem's Lot."

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Sit tight and enjoy the ride.

Seeing her sweat and squirm is kind of fun. But then just how much straw can the camels back hold?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
With someone as connected as Hillary Clinton, I highly doubt any criminal consequences for several reasons. She has been in Washington for over 25 years, her husband appointed many of the judges in the system and the others are friends or friends of friends. Probably over half of the Republican establishment would come to her defense along with the democrats who would love to see her taken out politically, but not criminally. Couple that with the many loopholes and the difficulty of proving cases like this, especially when the defense has unlimited resources. If it's Joe Schmoe with a public defender or a local attorney on a 10K retainer, it's a totally different story. Hillary controls the levers of power with the government bureaucracy and has the best attorneys money can buy.

I'll be content to see her crippled politically - preferably after she gets the nomination, but that is appearing unlikely at this point with the rate of leaks and momentum making it look like the dems will have to tap someone else to jump in the race and run. I don't see her quitting, she is a bitter clinger and knows this is her last chance to get the power she so desperately desires and thinks she deserves.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly the clintons have a shady past littered with bodies- like Vince Foster. No one seems to have ever talked.

Maybe this is a way to get them out of the way without facing them directly. A disinterested 3rd party like the FBI doing the dirty work?

I can only hope- it's amazing to be still dealing with the clintons after all these years.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13426 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This is what I mean when I say that she controls the levers of power in the bureaucracy:

State Dept. will not search Hillary's server

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Loganspawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
This is what I mean when I say that she controls the levers of power in the bureaucracy:

Oh wait are we supposed to be shocked? You like most of us sure are not.

Some of the sheep will eventually get tired of this shit.

Instead of jail they will call for heads as they continue to be screwed and watch the broken corrupt rules for thee not me system.

Oh well I can dream.........

------------------------------
Knowing is half the battle!

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6696 | Location: FederalWay WA. Ocupied territory | Registered: April 23, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Assuming there still are honest people in DoJ and the State Dept, they must be incredibly frustrated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08...department.html?_r=0

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton said in a statement on Friday that she “took the handling of classified information very seriously.”

“She always received classified materials in secure settings, either by phone, videoconference, on paper or in person,” said the spokesman, Nick Merrill.

“If, however, some material unknowingly ended up somewhere on the State Department’s unclassified email system, we want to continue to be as helpful as possible in getting to the bottom of that.”

According to current and former State Department officials who worked with Mrs. Clinton, most classified information was routed to classified government servers in her office, where it was printed out for her review. Her predecessor, Condoleezza Rice, often operated the same way.

The State Department has questioned whether the determination by Mr. McCullough is correct. Nevertheless, the findings are consistent with the view of some federal officials that the State Department is not rigorous enough in handling classified national security information.

In an unusual move, the F.B.I.’s inquiry is being led out of its headquarters in Washington, blocks from the White House.

Nearly all investigations are assigned to one of the bureau’s 56 field offices. But given this inquiry’s importance, senior F.B.I. officials have opted to keep it closely held in Washington in the agency’s counterintelligence section, which investigates how national security secrets are handled.

Have we ever heard that Hillary Clinton ever used any secure email or secure internet accounts ? Sounds like she did not.

Banned for trolling and lying
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Surprisingly the clintons have a shady past littered with bodies- like Vince Foster. No one seems to have ever talked.

Maybe this is a way to get them out of the way without facing them directly. A disinterested 3rd party like the FBI doing the dirty work?

I can only hope- it's amazing to be still dealing with the clintons after all these years.

Vince Foster was just one of over 40 friends and associates of the Clintons who mysteriously died.

If they got away with all that...this will not stick.

Posts: 663 | Location: Maryland/Virginia | Registered: October 01, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't change my meaning, please.

Sorry, I was just popping off…..

I agree whole-heartedly that this affair is no place for comment by GOP candidates.

If asked one might possibly make some general comment about making certain that the laws were faithfully executed when they were elected but that is all.

The chance of a candidate actually getting ahead of this byzantine affair in a 20 second sound bit is zero.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2015/08...-security-clearance/

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton entrusted her email server to an IT firm that was not cleared to handle classified materials, according to the chief spokesman for the Defense Security Service.

The DSS is an arm of the Defense Department and is the only federal agency authorized to approve private sector company access to sensitive or confidential material.

The agency reviews and approves private contractors to assure they have secure facilities and approves security clearances for employees to clear them for access to sensitive or classified materials.

Since 2013, Clinton used Platte River Networks, a small Denver-based company, to upgrade and maintain her private email server at her home in Chappaqua, New York.

About 13,000 companies have received FCL or facility-wide clearance. But Platte River is not one of them.

“Platte River is not cleared” to have access to classified material, stated Cindy McGovern, chief public affairs officer for DSS in a telephone interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation.

this story is getting crazier and crazier. For anyone who has had to deal with federal govt classified material, the things being revealed are stunning. It sounds like a bunch of total incompetent rookies that don't know crap about security have committed major violations.

Just MHO, but if this type of thing happened in DoD, a whole slew of security officials would have lost their jobs and clearances.

side note:
Obama is on a 2 week vacation on Martha's Vineyard. He and Bill Clinton are playing golf together.

Tonight, the Obamas and Clintons get together for a birthday party for Vernon Jordan.

Maybe they can get all this server stuff cleared up over birthday cake and ice cream.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...=2015-08-15-13-24-14

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Confused The FBI's got the server and the responsibility of finding any other server the data might have been "migrated" (is that really a word?) to. The State Department doesn't have access to the server we know about or, presumeably, any other servers of interest.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an article by Judge Mukasey in Friday’s WSJ entitled “Clinton Defies the Law and Common Sense”.
Unfortunately it is subscriber only. If you subscribe it is worth reading. .
But here are a few points and the conclusion.

The laws are written to protect the security of the information, not the documents.
The work product of government employees belongs to the public.
The laws are clearly explained to cabinet officers, most of whom would have little prior knowledge about the handling of secure communications.
The rules covering TS/SCI information are very clear, and also very clearly were violated.

Conclusion;
“Once you assume a public office, your communications about anything having to do with your job are not your personal business or property. They are the public’s business and the public’s property, and are to be treated as no different from communications of like sensitivity.

That something so obvious could have eluded Mrs. Clinton raises questions about her suitability both for the office she held and for the office she seeks.”

By the way; this quote would be an excellent reply to a question about “What do you think about the Clinton Emails, with proper credit to Mukasey.