SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
To emphasize how bad this is:

The federal government has a very formal process for classifying information.

The president assigns high level officials the responsibility of “Original Classification Authority” (OCA). There are only 20 OCAs at the highest level in the federal government.

OCAs classify information that is under their area of responsibility. An OCA with TS authority can classify info at TS, Secret, and Confidential levels.

These top 20 can delegate the responsibility for their agency to people below them, but that has to be in writing.

Under OCA authority, security classification guidelines are published so that everyone knows how to classify specific pieces of info.

Hillary Clinton was one of the 20 top OCAs in the nation.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the...sification-authority

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Who shall guard the guards?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't personally care whether she had one, or 1,000 classified/top secret/eyes only emails on her server. Everyone is missing the point...

The fact that a government official, ANY government official, took it upon themselves to create a personal email server in order to conduct official United States Government busiess is absolutely unthinkable. If they caught a mid-level manager in any U.S. Government department doing this they would have been immediately arrested and had the FBI/NSA/Secret Squirrels climbing through every aspect of their existance for years. This was the SECRETARY OF STATE!!!!

I want to know HOW THE HELL this happened to begin with?

Who the HELL authorized her to create her own personal email server that was 100% out outside of the control of the US Government?

What would have happened if her little server had been hacked, and how do we know it wasn't? There appears to be zero oversight here.

Why was this not seized immediately upon revealing that it existed? Her emails are US Government property, not Hillary property.

How on earth could this government operate successfully if every email was done through personal servers?

I hear emails were deleted, critical sensitive emails. Is that not destroying evidence or at least government property?

This entre situation is absolutely unacceptable from top to bottom. The content of emails does nothing but magnify the impact.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
if Hildebeast was an OCA as Sec State, can't she essentially trump (see what I did there) the current classification of anything comimg across her desk by reclassifying it how she see fits?

if I make the rules, and can change the rules, how can I be guilty of breaking the rules?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I don't personally care whether she had one, or 1,000 classified/top secret/eyes only emails on her server. Everyone is missing the point...

The fact that a government official, ANY government official, took it upon themselves to create a personal email server in order to conduct official United States Government busiess is absolutely unthinkable. If they caught a mid-level manager in any U.S. Government department doing this they would have been immediately arrested and had the FBI/NSA/Secret Squirrels climbing through every aspect of their existance for years. This was the SECRETARY OF STATE!!!!

I want to know HOW THE HELL this happened to begin with?

Who the HELL authorized her to create her own personal email server that was 100% out outside of the control of the US Government?

What would have happened if her little server had been hacked, and how do we know it wasn't? There appears to be zero oversight here.

Why was this not seized immediately upon revealing that it existed? Her emails are US Government property, not Hillary property.

How on earth could this government operate successfully if every email was done through personal servers?

I hear emails were deleted, critical sensitive emails. Is that not destroying evidence or at least government property?

This entre situation is absolutely unacceptable from top to bottom. The content of emails does nothing but magnify the impact.

All that you say is true, apparently, but to make sure she can't wiggle off on some technicality or omission, etc. we must be very detail oriented.

Specific charges must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt by specific evidence, clear, direct, unambiguous, etc, preferably, so jurors won't be tempted to confusion and uncertainty.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I was actually reacting to the news stories that I see where people are trying to decide if her having Top Secret emails was enough to de-rail her and whether this is just another anti-Clinton Republican plot.

IMHO no, having a personal email server should have railed her directly into a massive federal investigation and answering to serious charges, not shaking hands in Iowa

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
if Hildebeast was an OCA as Sec State, can't she essentially trump (see what I did there) the current classification

no.

For example, if an intelligence agency publishes a piece of info, they are the source of that info. As long as it falls under their assigned responsibilities, the intel OCA would classify it.

If a State Dept person then put that same info in a document, they would have to abide by the classification assigned by the intel OCA.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Rightwire,

I have a suspicion that the security people at State Dept have a lot to answer for.

Hillary Clinton was their boss, but in matters of security the senior security staff have to become independent of just taking orders.

Of course this is risky when the boss is someone like Hillary Clinton. I am just speculating but I think there would be ways, both formal and informal, to raise issues.

Unfortunately, most federal employees are well aware that the Obama administration operates at a level of corruption and vengeance that is really unprecedented for our country.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Who shall guard the guards?

It's 6 1/2 years too late to be asking that question. Hopefully we only have another 1 1/2 years to fix that problem. Still, that's a lot of time for officials to screw up things a lot worse than they are now. It's got to be like a bunch of kids in a candy store being told they have 5 minutes to grab as much candy as they can before the store closes.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INV136:
It's got to be like a bunch of kids in a candy store being told they have 5 minutes to grab as much candy as they can before the store closes.

You mean like the furniture and other items they took when Bill left office?

Clintons Return White House Furniture

and the damage they left?

Clinton Transition Left $15,000 Damage, GAO Says

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Who brought the chips and dip?

Jim

Posts: 14023 | Location: limbo | Registered: August 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Test1968:
quote:
Originally posted by INV136:
It's got to be like a bunch of kids in a candy store being told they have 5 minutes to grab as much candy as they can before the store closes.

You mean like the furniture and other items they took when Bill left office?

Clintons Return White House Furniture

and the damage they left?

Clinton Transition Left $15,000 Damage, GAO Says

They were dead broke when they left the White House,so I guess that is why they pilfered the furniture.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Rightwire,

I have a suspicion that the security people at State Dept have a lot to answer for.

Hillary Clinton was their boss, but in matters of security the senior security staff have to become independent of just taking orders.

Of course this is risky when the boss is someone like Hillary Clinton. I am just speculating but I think there would be ways, both formal and informal, to raise issues.

Unfortunately, most federal employees are well aware that the Obama administration operates at a level of corruption and vengeance that is really unprecedented for our country.

Well, yes and no. Hillary was head of a department of the government. No different than a head of a department/divison of a large corporation. Regardless of position, there are certain rules regarding policies, procedures, protocol, security, record keeping, etc., that everyone must follow. CEO to janitor you are bound to those rules. Usually HR and IT have the last word on most of them.

So my question is how the hell did she throw caution to the wind and sidestep Government IT and what would amount to HR (not sure what it's called in government)?

As far as I know a Secretary of Defense, State, Interior, etc can't suddenly decide to make up all of their own rules.

343 - Never Forget

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
America Rising unveils a new video about Hillary Clinton and her e-mail system: Who would have foreseen that last line from Mika Brzezinski?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/...-stupid-jim-geraghty

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24279 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
That is a puzzle. These people around Clinton are regarded as bright. You would think someone would have raised a hand and said maybe this isn't a good idea.

Maybe there is something far worse that must be hidden at all costs. My bet is on Benghazi right now. Something really nefarious was going on, is my feeling, and it ended up badly, disastrously, the equivalent of "Fast and Furious" where the good guys ended up killed.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Owen Brennan (born September 22, 1955) is an American government official who is the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. He has served as chief counterterrorism advisor to U.S. President Barack Obama; his title was Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, and Assistant to the President.[

Brennon was running weapons through the Libyan embassy to Syria. He had his own private war, and they got busted. His religious conversion is curious as well.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Probably so, Jallen, but I think there is something endemic in the Clintons; they are just predatory, amoral individuals completely devoid of ethics, and unable to live up to any standards of accountability. I always thought that sometime after she and Bill Clinton left the WH, that the truth about their malfeasance would begin to leak out--guess they're well insulated.

Posts: 13387 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
John Owen Brennan (born September 22, 1955) is an American government official who is the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. He has served as chief counterterrorism advisor to U.S. President Barack Obama; his title was Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, and Assistant to the President.[

Brennon was running weapons through the Libyan embassy to Syria. He had his own private war, and they got busted. His religious conversion is curious as well.

Snopes has a detailed account of Brennan's alleged conversion, and labels it false, FWIW.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Probably so, Jallen, but I think there is something endemic in the Clintons; they are just predatory, amoral individuals completely devoid of ethics, and unable to live up to any standards of accountability. I always thought that sometime after she and Bill Clinton left the WH, that the truth about their malfeasance would begin to leak out--guess they're well insulated.

All that has been apparent for decades and is without doubt. They seem to prefer doing things in nefarious ways. Will Rogers said, "he would lie on credit when he could tell the truth for cash!" and that seems to describe them.

But,

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Wow.

quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CllYnRnt9AU

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" height="315" width="560"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CllYnRnt9AU"></param><param value="true"></param><param value="always"></param><embed wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowScriptAccess="never" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CllYnRnt9AU" width="560"></embed></object>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Liberal icon and hero Bob Woodward offers his opinion...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-...mails-to-nixon-tapes

Bob Woodward compares Clinton emails to Nixon tapes

Veteran Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward on Monday compared Hillary Clinton’s private email account to the Nixon tapes.

“Follow the trail here,” Woodward said on MSNBC's “Morning Joe,” noting that emails erased from Clinton’s private server when she led the State Department where either sent or received by someone else, too.

“You've got a massive amount of data. It, in a way, reminds me of the Nixon tapes: thousands of hours of secretly recorded conversations that Nixon thought were exclusively his,” Woodward said.
Woodward as a younger reporter helped break the Watergate scandal that eventually led to President Richard Nixon’s resignation. He noted that the tapes Nixon kept documenting conversations in the Oval Office were eventually turned over.

Clinton, now a Democratic presidential candidate, turned over her server last week to the Justice Department amid a federal probe after questions about her private email haunted her on the campaign trail for months.

Woodward predicted the fight over Clinton’s emails wouldn’t end soon.

“This has to go on a long, long time,” Woodward said Monday, “and the answers are probably not going to be pretty.”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post