SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I just got a car with one of those new-fangled automatic transmissions.

The car only goes when it is light outside.

It works fine when you choose D for daytime, but it won't move when you put it in N for night time.

Does anyone remember the Jerry Clower automatic transmission story? First time he drove one...

The gist of it... you can Imagine Jerry making 5 minutes out of this.

So...
"P" must be for parking... OK.
"N" for nothing it seems.
"L" for leaving? OK, that worked but it's kind of slow.
"D" must be for driving.
Yes! Now we are really moving along pretty good!
So... I figure "R" stands for racing.

That's when all hell broke lose!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
No man should utter the words Yum Yum Sauce

It's seafood sauce twinkle toes

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Just checking in. I got nuthin.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I needed to run to Target to pick up a couple of things.

Didn't bother to dress up.

After all, it wasn't like I was going to Walmart or anything.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30537 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
At 1000 views of this thread, I'm declaring SIGFORUM bicurious: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2420041084

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have full time employment again. Only ten cents more an hour than the jail, but the benefits are so good, I'd be a damn fool to not take it.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That sounds really good. Good bennies are nothing to sneeze at. For me bennies are more important than pay. Good on you.

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Also, I know how to forestall monkey butt.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Verizon is coming to upgrade my internet today, I had to sign up for a higher speed to keep my bill from going up. Seems backwards I know, but whatever.

I had that at one point w/ Commiecast. I called to downgrade my service because it was getting too expensive. By downgrading I got faster internet.
Of course I asked, "Why do I have to call and find this out? Why not just increase it if I'm already paying more for it?"
I was dumber after listening to the answer.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A week or so ago I was shoveling the front walk and my snow shovel came apart; the screw holding the scoop and and shaft fell out, never to be found.
I knew there were some screws in our junk drawer so I started cleaning that out for the first time since, oh, maybe 2001.
In it, I found an envelope. In the envelope was a pistol barrel. A P239 .357sig barrel. A .357sig barrel I brought to the shop to maybe sell back in 2008 after my work closed down and I was looking for a little extra cash.

I greased it and tossed it into my P239 and went to the range. I was all Smile Smile Smile

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I went to the IHOP the other day and they gave me the senior citizens discount.
This was the first time I ever got that.

I feel old. Frown

Posts: 4122 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
" ? "

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Any day with good pizza and beer is a good day.
One good thing about the Northeast is the abundance of Mom-and-Pop pizza shops that offer excellent pizzas.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16485 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Do birds have polarized vision? Or how do they hunt for fish while flying above?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12681 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I love lamp.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I love all this talk about nothing
It's the only thing I know anything about

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
My feet feel like I've walked around in wet sneakers all day. And I haven't.

God bless America.

Posts: 13415 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My pinky has been numb for a week now

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
$1400 for a new fish tank filter/pump. Mad We will have a fish fry before that happens again

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Neighbor upstream from me got orders to National Training Center in CA, (Army) I was helping him fix his sprinklers and I installed a window sill cause his beast ate the other one....we were talking and I found out both he and his wife are from Tampa....

First time in my life I have run into another honest to god fellow Floridian....(most people are transplants)

Now they’re moving.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post