SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Had a leaf spring on my truck go bad.

New one was $570 (+labor), but the junkyard wanted $45.

With all of the money I saved doing it myself, I was able to buy a P226.

Kudos to you. Brains and hands, not all are born as equals, and good on the 226.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
If I knew where Para's "You will buy a glock" thread is, I would post the following: "I still have not bought a glock".

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
A relatively small home repair job today turned into an epic festival of foulness, words spouting forth that would certainly have Mom turning me over her knee (even at this age!). My dear mother would not have been proud of me in that moment.

Having taken a moment to cool off, my better thought was, "may the jerks who built this house and their families have a very Merry Christmas. And may I never have opportunity to meet them."

Cool

Holiday Spirit. It's what it's all about.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:

Kudos to you. Brains and hands, not all are born as equals, and good on the 226.

Thanks!

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A wise man once said "Bees don't waste their time explaining to flies that flowers taste better than shit."

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
The leaves. Oh god the leaves. But the acorns weren't bad this year.

But those damn oaks. They drop enough leaves to require removal with the blower and vac/mulcher. But those fuckers hold on to a bunch and wait until the yard is clean, then they drop more. Then they wait for a foot of snow and drop the rest during the storm, so the leaves are waiting for you in the spring, only they are now wet moldy and heavy.

They taunt me because I burn them to make brisket.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Happy Ruger Day, everyone!

(Today is 10/22...) Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is this armadillo tearing up my yard? Why can't I get rid of him

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
If I knew where Para's "You will buy a glock" thread is, I would post the following: "I still have not bought a glock".
I haven't, either.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
What is it about Golden Retrievers that makes them so wonderful, and crazy?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Gotta put another ear of corn out on the squirrel feeder. Hey, it keeps them and the chipmunks out of the front yard and from tormenting my Pitty through the Back door.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Was window shopping and spotted some '80s Transformers a few weeks ago.

Who did I decide I couldn't leave behind? Optimus Prime? Bumblebee? Megatron? Trailbreaker?

Na! It had to be Bluestreak!

Haven't seen one of those in a loooong time.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Prepping for the roto rooter colon inspection tomorrow, I'm effin starving!

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overnight temperatures in suburban Tucson areas projected to be near 40 degrees.

For many of us that is fucking cold.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Overnight temperatures in suburban Tucson areas projected to be near 40 degrees.

For many of us that is fucking cold.

Went down to low 50s last night in Gilbert.

I'm looking for my wool shirts.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
How come I hit with my 3 wood better than with my driver?

SIGnature

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Watched my cats play with a small gray mouse for a while a few nights ago. Mouse was dead next day and thrown out. Last night a larger mouse seen and cats not interested. I caught it in a box and put it outside, where maybe the more aggressive outdoor cats will deal with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Mouse endangerment is rampant in Texas

SIGnature

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The next time you stop to ponder what is wrong with today’s youth, allow this observation to be a reminder…

I’m just stopping into my local bed Bath and beyond to pick up a couple of things for the kitchen when a car pulls up, pounding “loud“ rap music where I could easily hear singing about “bitches and hoes“ with every other word being the N bomb.

What I’m assuming is mom gets out of the car, and along with her, her two small daughters, they could not have been more than four and seven.

Those kids stand no chance

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I can't find med. tall long sleeve shirts anywhere. If I get med. size, they are too short in the arms and that forces me to buy lg. sized shirts which are blousy on me. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post