SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey,

Its his ass and his phalt.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
500cc syringes make great squirters for the kids in the pool.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
DSCF0066

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I heard an unusual sounding aircraft today. I did’t have my glasses on when I jumped out of the barn to see what it was, but I could see a mostly unpainted plane with four engines and a fairly distinctive largish rounded tail. Definitely sounded like radial engines at low speed. I was guessing B-17 or B-29.

I looked it up when I got back to the house and saw that the B-29, FIFI, was in Marquette, MI from 8/2-8/3 and will be in Alpena, MI from 8/5-8/7. I’m pretty sure I know where FIFI was on 8/4. I wish I had my camera.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hey, look! It's good-stuff-bad-stuff day!

Good stuff: got my truck cleaned. Nothing makes me love my 20-year-old SUV like having it all clean and shiny again.

Bad stuff: my boss announced today he's leaving at the end of the year.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I think jalapeno peppers are my favourite thing to grow.
Jalapeno poppers, pickled slices, spicy relish.

I Know they're not really hot compared to other peppers, but some of mine get pretty hot - as hot as I want anything.
My wife and I have gotten pretty good at determining which ones will be the hottest.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had a leaf spring on my truck go bad.

New one was $570 (+labor), but the junkyard wanted $45.

With all of the money I saved doing it myself, I was able to buy a P226.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter, a nurse, has been working at a blood donation site. It's a place where they pay if you are able to donate. She wasn't scheduled to work Friday, so she missed some excitement. A nurse was doing a screening of a potential donor. After the screening, she determined the screening criteria wasn't met. So no payment. The rejected donor pulled a large knife out of her pocketbook that was on the chair in the room and said "Your going to give me my fucking money." Wrong nurse. The nurse is 6'6", briefly played in the WNBA, and is strong and athletic. She also works out at combined gym / martial arts center. You know the old saying about speed, surprise and commitment to violence of action. No point going up against a knife if you have a weapon available. She grabbed a brief case loaded with equipment and decked the lady. The knife flew across the room. She continued to pummel the lady non stop with kicks (and punches after she got up) until she managed to get out the door. The nurse didn't get so much as a scratch.
Tough lady. Cops of course came. The cops were familiar with the lady. They went to her residence and arrested her.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow, three months to Thanksgiving! I'm ready for a few fresh apples, apple butter, honey, new wine...I love Fall.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Note to self:

Let broth cool to sippable temperature BEFORE pouring into insulated cup.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Cream cheese goes good with 99% of everything. Even Sausage and Doritos Salad.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I freaking hate hotel mattresses. Been up and down all night. Someone should make an App that rates hotel beds.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
People watching in Las Vegas is a roll of the dice.

At least the odds sre better then at wal mart.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No signs of Halloween at my local Home Depot, but they have a nice selection of snow throwers in already.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My Home Depot never has snow throwers in stock. Frown

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Costco is closed on labor day and they don't care if you drove an hour to get there.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I had my tonsils until late 20s. Had many infections before. None after

SIGnature

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Mother's 98th birthday is tomorrow.
Really that is something.

SIGnature

posted Hide Post
For homeschooling purposes in Missouri, trips to the shooting range count as P.E.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I had my tonsils until late 20s. Had many infections before. None after

I had mine until I was 40. Infections were a yearly occurrence. Some just annoying, some serious.

The last one damn near killed me. Drainage into my throat created abscesses and got into my larnyx.

Emergency surgery, 10 days in ICU, a couple on the floor and 3 months of recovery. As soon as I was healthy enough, back in for a tonsillectomy. That was more than 30 years ago, hardly so much as the sniffles since.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post