SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’m subbing today and have a free period followed by lunch so I figure I’ll pick up a few things at Best Buy. I haven’t been there in years. I get there right at 10 and an employee walking in tells me they don’t open until 11. I figure I’ll use my phone to order it for pickup and save some time when I notice they start curbside pickup at 10. Mr. Wedon’topentill11 brings me my purchase and I’m driving out of the parking lot at 10:30.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been practicing making fire without matches or lighters. Ferro rods are almost too easy, especially with my favorite tinder I make from cotton balls dipped in recycled candle wax

Today, I made my first fire with char cloth I made, and a bird's nest of dry grass. Had to spark it with the ferro rod, because my flint and steel haven't arrived yet. Looking forward to impressing the kids and teaching them some new skills.

When I'm comfortable with these skills, I'll learn the bow drill method!

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Getting a pedicure for the first time, I could get used to this

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Spent a few afternoons at the ball field.

When the scoreboard was dark at the beginning of game play, guess who had an inverter and a vibratone horn? Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Garden grown padron peppers are delicious when roasted in cast iron and speckled with sea salt.

Posts: 616 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I got what seems like a reasonable price to paint my house today.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I never got a glock. Shot one once, but since I don't live in the jungle, I still don't see the point. I'm just not very fond of them. They're like a fully clothed barbie without a figure wearing a dirty potato sack. I never played with either.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm realizing that my dream vehicle for daily chores and short trips is a '76 Datsun pickup (with an overdrive for fifth gear if possible).
A Chevy LUV likewise equipped would do the trick too.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
At 11am, I went to the bank to get a couple cashier’s checks. The girl behind the counter was having trouble and after a half an hour waiting, they said go away and we’ll call you when they are ready. They have new software was the reason given.

Update:
Just for fun and right after I posted this, I checked my account and saw it was a little smaller. The phone rang while I was looking at it and it was the bank to tell me my checks were ready. So from 11am to 2:47pm.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General Mills is selling off its Hamburger Helper product line. Ate a fair bit of it back in leaner times when the folks had to stretch the paycheck.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
In the last two weeks I've found two excellent local Italian delis.
Had a couple great grinders (local term; you would know them as Subs, Hoagies, Heroes, etc.).
Pretty happy about it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Just dropped the wife and the tax write off at the ATL airport Eek

I need a drink

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
Took the '96 Vette off the battery tender, started it up, quickly washed the winter-storage dust off of it and took it for a short drive. It was fun.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 501 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just washed both cars…it’s 82° in central Texas. I’m pooped.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Waiting for a call from a friend who’s torching out the heat riser valve in one of the “long branch” exhaust manifolds I picked up a couple of weeks ago for my 67 Pontiac.

Next week going to sandblast and paint and install sometime this summer.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
So I went through the drive through tonight at Taco Bell and ordered 5 chicken soft tacos. The bill came to $13.01. Fortunately I had a penny handy, so I paid with a $20 bill and the penny. $7.00 change due. So the cashier gave me a $5 bill and - get this - $2.00 worth of small change - quarters nickles dimes. She attempts to balance the pile of coins on top of the $5.00 bill. The coins of course take a nose dive onto the pavement. The boss comes over, apologizes and says "she's new." He gives me two $1 bills. I kept my cool and said "no worries." But I tell the guy (and the cashier): DON'T TRY TO BALANCE THE COINS ON THE BILL(S)!!!!! Drives me freaking nuts. Stick the coins in my hand first. Then the bills. Only adds 5 seconds to the transaction, and it's better for everybody. It's not rocket science.

I had two reimbursement vouchers for $6.26 I took to the county treasures office. The girl gave me $6.26 then another $6.26. Guess it was too hard for her to give me $12.52

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I was watching my daughter in law's thumbs rapid firing while she texted. Me. I'm still looking for the r.......

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
6 cubic yards of mulch, loaded, transported, unloaded, spread in the gardens. I'm tired of this.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There are fifty pieces in a 1.8 oz. box of Good & Plenty.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The painter bailed. Need to find a new one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post