SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There is good pizza and there is excellent pizza. There is not much bad pizza unless somebody corrupts good pizza with weird stuff, like pineapple or chicken.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Adding a pinch of salt to my old-fashioned recipe is a game changer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is good pizza and there is excellent pizza. There is not much bad pizza unless somebody corrupts good pizza with weird stuff, like pineapple or chicken.

I must disagree. After leaving the northeast where there is an Italian joint on every corner I now live in a culinary backwater where each pizza place I try is somehow worst than the last.

Overcooked: check
Undercooked: check
Sysco Systems ingredients: check
Too thin: check
Too thick: check

I would strangle a dolphin if there were at least one neighborhood joint around here worth its salt. It's so bad that I bought an Ooni and have been "rolling my own".

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I can tell you from experience (five minutes ago) that very little that feels better than having your 18-year-old son tell you that he is impressed by watching you do your work out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
If your family asks you to bring rolls for Thanksgiving dinner, it means they know you don't know how to cook.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
If your family asks you to bring rolls for Thanksgiving dinner, it means they know you don't know how to cook.

Or, you fucked around last year. Smile

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Working in the unemployment office has to be a tense job, knowing that if you get fired, you still have to come in the next day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is it so difficult for the employees dispensing change in the drive through lane to hand you the coins and bills separately? Happened again today. So I get a wad of bills and coins handed to me in a pile. Of course the coins fall all over. Just one of those small inconsequential things that bugs me.

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wife is snoring like a banshee and I’m out of ear plugs. The camper isn’t big enough to get away from it. I fully expect security to be stopping by any minute for violating quiet hours. I tried a pillow, but then I worried she wouldn’t be able to breath.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid $10 for a neat backpack my Papa found at a flea market. Tan, with molle all over it. Has a bunch of inside pockets, not sure how the organization is meant to work.

A little searching, and...

it's a tactical diaper bag. 

Cdegear.com sells them for $100-$140, some not upset with my purchase, just amused.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a four day weekend, my batteries need a recharge.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Oh, there's bad pizza too. I've had it enough around here that I quit eating pizza. They make it with the crust completely dry, kind of like eating cardboard with sauce on it.

I like a moist crust and can't seem to get it anywhere.

When I was in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago I asked a waiter if their pizza crust was dry and he said "well, I don't really remember because the toppings are so good."

That's employee talk for yes, the crust is as dry as a popcorn fart.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Michigan roads have much improved since my last visit. Buncha damned potheads. Fist billboard I see crossing the state line is for weed, and 8 out of ten were after that

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I'm going to take up photography. This is my first attempt at landscape. I think it came out well.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
There was a rabbit in my backyard this morning. I had coffee, she had grass. Winter sunshine is delicious.

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've almost finished eating the leftover Halloween candy.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good day to make out Christmas cards. Whatever happened to the old style Currier & Ives scenic ones?

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random reality of the day...if I had gotten on the bike at 8am like I had planned...I'd be done now instead of just starting.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Building a tank out of Legos is easy.

Building a howitzer out of Legos is challenging.

Building a half track out of Legos is a pain in the ass.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm going to the Outback Bowl!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post