SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Ever notice how the fat end of some cashew nuts look like little butts?

Actually, cashews botanically aren't nuts: Botanically, a nut is a dry fruit that consists of a hard shell covering a single seed. ... On the other hand, the fruits of the cashew, almond, and pistachio plants are not true nuts, but are rather classified as “drupes.” Drupes are fruits that are fleshy on the outside and contain a shell covering a seed on the inside. Smile

Jim

I hate it when nuts drupe.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I installed a closetmaid shelf all by myself. I even swept up the drywall dust without being told to.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I brought my bacon up to temp, and picked up snacks for a visit to my kids college.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Dr., as my son’s English teacher makes known she prefers to be called, “English Teacher” has a PhD for Fiber Arts if her dissertation is any indication. Basket weaving is an example of a fiber art in case you didn’t know. I’ve never met anyone who could legitimately say they had a degree in basket weaving let alone a PhD in it, but if she assigns another art project, then that will change.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m on vacation. I went to a local grocery store two blocks from the resort and got beer. I started drinking at 10:30am.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fifty days to Thanksgiving. It was good to see the great big floor display in the store yesterday stacked high with stuffing mixes (not Stove Top brand).

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I’ve never met anyone who could legitimately say they had a degree in basket weaving let alone a PhD
I know somebody with a PhD who studied tapestry restoration at the Smithsonian. Does that count?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is a fiber art as well.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
It seems to take a while to get the scent of gasoline and two-stroke oil off one's hands.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
1: I am very happy that this thread took off and never died out.

2: I’m listening to The Wall and realizing I don’t listen to Pink Floyd enough.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Sigourney Weaver! Age 72 today.
Learned this from IMDB reading notes on the cast of "Ghostbusters".

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
Smarties are tasty, a hoodie is comfy, and this Pilsner is nice after a long Friday at work.

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’m on vacation. I went to a local grocery store two blocks from the resort and got beer. I started drinking at 10:30am.

You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A preposition is the wrong thing to end a sentence with.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Hanging sheetrock is both satisfying and a pain in the arse.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Teenagers are A holes, that includes a French Bulldog with lot's of tude

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You can't buy happiness but you can buy pizza, which is kind of the same thing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Ronin, doesn't that clash with Halloween decorations?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
So there I was…..standing in line at the bank…

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post