SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 ... 711
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What is your fucking problem? Speak to me in plain Goddamned English.

Tell me what I am referring to in your post, and tell me why you shouldn't have posted it here.

You're going to get cute with me? I'm not going to play games with you.

Try again, and this time, pay me the courtesy of not posting some convoluted, smartass shit.

Posts: 109258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i am not trying to be cute, i've told you before i have no desire to break the rules of moderation, period. that was my impression of what you prohibit, and why the post crossed the line. i thought you would agree. regardless, i'll stay away from the bees nest, or possibly lurk if that's the only choice.

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have no desire to break the rules?? You've been here sixteen years and you behave as if you don't even know what those rules are.

Click here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...530009905#4530009905

That was from three days ago, specifically addressing this stupid, and I do mean truly stupid, adolescent "body double" shit, but even if I hadn't posted that, you should know good and well that posting that Biden has a body double is the very definition of a conspiracy, and that that kind of ridiculous crap has no place in this forum. It's outrageously silly, and that's putting it mildly.

Over and over and over again, I have stated that I will not tolerate this kind of fantasy shit, and that is all it is- pure fantasy and nothing but. No reasonable, rational person believes Biden has a body double, yet here you come, ignoring scores upon scores of warnings from me about this kind of thing, and you crap it out in this forum and then have the gall to say you don't intend to break the rules.

You want to play super-secret spy? Do it elsewhere, because it is absolutely, positively not tolerated here, and that is never going to change for as long as I run this forum. This is a place for ADULTS.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Corn pop got his revenge.

Corn pop is a baaad dude! (sic)

Posts: 2075 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Funny how Biden keeps demanding we all step up against dictator Trump, then doubles down on changing the Supreme Court 'for the good of the country'.

Sure... can't have that pesky court stopping your plans to dominate everything can we?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38295 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Funny how Biden keeps demanding we all step up against dictator Trump, then doubles down on changing the Supreme Court 'for the good of the country'.

Sure... can't have that pesky court stopping your plans to dominate everything can we?

For intents and purposes, he is a Lame Duck. I don't see anybody risking their re-election over this senile ole bastard to back his nonsense.

Posts: 8741 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Post Millennial covered it...

Sounds right:

Seymour Hersch indicates that former President Barack Obama and VP Kamala Harris, now presumptive Democrat nominee for president, threatened sitting President Joe Biden with the potential invocation of the 25th Amendment if he didn't drop out the presidential race and cede that spot to the veep. This would mean that not only did they force Biden out of the race, but that the Democrats know full well that Biden isn't fit to serve out the rest of his term, but are comfortable letting him continued as a figure head if it serves their efforts to retain power for the party.

"By Saturday, July 20," Hersch writes, "former President Barack Obama was deeply involved, and there was talk that he would place a call to Biden. It was not clear whether Biden had been examined or just what happened to him in Las Vegas. 'The Big Three,' the official said, referring to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, continued to be directly involved. 'On Sunday morning,' the official told me, with the approval of Pelosi and Schumer, 'Obama called Biden after breakfast and said, ‘Here’s the deal. We have Kamala’s approval to invoke the 25th Amendment.' The amendment provides that when the president is determined by the vice president and others to be unfit to carry out the powers and duties of his office, the vice president shall assume those duties."

"'It was clear at this point,' the official said," per Hersch, "'that she would get the nod'—that is, the support to run for the presidency in the November election. 'But Obama also made it clear,' the official said, 'that he was not going to immediately endorse her. But the group had decided that her work as a prosecutor would help her deal with Trump in a debate.'"

"The official, who has decades of experience in fundraising, told me that Obama emerged as the strongman throughout the negotiations. 'He had an agenda and he wanted to seek it through to the end, and he wanted to have control over who would be elected.'"

It had been rumored that Pelosi and Schumer wanted Biden out. It had been rumored that Obama had given Hollywood A-lister George Clooney the go-ahead to write his op ed in The New York Times calling for Biden to step aside. It was rumored, too, that if Biden didn't step down his legacy would be at stake. Once Biden's letter withdrawing from the race was posted to X, with the endorsement of Harris shortly afterwards, party leadership all began oohing and ahing over Biden's "selfless" decision to step aside and praising his decision to nominate Harris. Jeffries and Schumer began claiming that Harris' candidacy was coming from the "grassroots" and not from the "top down."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It was clear by Biden's body language and his family's faces and body language that speech he gave was under duress and not his own decision as he tried to spin it.

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

For intents and purposes, he is a Lame Duck. I don't see anybody risking their re-election over this senile ole bastard to back his nonsense.

A number of aspects of FailedJoe's proposal to fuck up the SCOTUS require Constitutional amendments.

Good luck getting three quarters of the states to agree.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32120 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It was clear by Biden's body language and his family's faces and body language that speech he gave was under duress and not his own decision as he tried to spin it.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1816269308005171541

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Joe's on air right now, alternately stuttering, slurring, and shouting. Roll Eyes

ETA: And rambling. Good grief.

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Joe's on air right now, alternately stuttering, slurring, and shouting. Roll Eyes

ETA: And rambling. Good grief.

Wow, accurate description.

Why in the world would we let some pathological liar Alzheimer's patient rewrite our Constitution?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
We shouldn't.

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, SHUT. UP. You fucking vegetable. Roll Eyes

Be quiet. Finish your fucking term, then disappear until your funeral.

https://x.com/RNCResearch/status/1818036454909469023

Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
If a President can order Seal Team 6 to kill a political rival, why doesn't Biden order them to get Trump, Vance, and all the Republicans that could replace them?

Per Biden, he would be immune from prosecution so why not just do it?

And WTF was he talking about after slandering SCOTUS? Meandering gibberish about being inspired by civil rights and MLK despite the fact that he was mentored by Klansmen and voted against school integration?

Posts: 4983 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The rich irony that a guy who has been sucking off the gov teat for 50 friggen' years is now calling for term limits is completely lost on these people on the Left.

And how does the Executive Branch get to dictate to the Judicial Branch how they are to conduct themselves?

More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The rich irony that a guy who has been sucking off the gov teat for 50 friggen' years is now calling for term limits is completely lost on these people on the Left.

And how does the Executive Branch get to dictate to the Judicial Branch how they are to conduct themselves?

The Executive branch does not strictly speaking dictate to the SCOTUS, aside from appointing Justices, but Congress most definitely does. And considering the Executive branch can propose legislation, they can exert power on the Judicial branch.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8889 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So, “they” don’t like what they see as politicized decisions by a conservative majority BUT politicized decisions by a liberal majority would be ok?

Fact is the vast majority of decisions are not split along party lines.

Seems to me these 5/4 and 6/3 splits are only an issue where folks go beyond originalist or constructionism application of law and move into judicial activism or questionable “interpretations”.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11242 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As Alan Dershowitz pointed out, this nonsense about term limits is being thrown about by Biden and his cronies for votes this November. The manner in which Supreme Court justices leave the court is enshrined in the Constitution; resign, retire, or die. Therefore, a Constitutional amendment would be required in order to implement term limits in the SCOTUS, which is an intensive, drawn-out process. It's not going to happen at all, much less, before the election. It's merely anther tantrum from leftists. They didn't get their way, so we get to listen to this nonsense.

While I agree with Dershowitz that this is a bid for votes, it seems to me that it's going to be ineffective. Anyone who wants to impose term limits on the court is angry about the overturning of Roe v. Wade and the presidential immunity decision and the like, and is therefore already voting against Trump (as opposed to voting for a viable candidate, which the Dems do not have at this time.)

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023