SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's what they have to do if they want to give all that money to another candidate.

1. They nominate Biden virtually, by a zoom call of the delegates, before the convention.
2. Biden then drops out and releases the delegates.
3. Another candidate is chosen at the convention.
4. DNC rules then allow that money to be transferred to the new candidate, but only if Biden has already been nominated and drops out.

The problem is that I don't think it's up to the DNC, the FEC(Federal Election Commission) doesn't allow that to happen. But as I mentioned elsewhere, possibly earlier in this thread:

They can in theory create a PAC that doesn't name a candidate specifically, like "Campaign to elect the 2024 nominee", and transfer the money to that PAC. Then appoint fjb and a few of his family members (Joe and Jill for example) as administrators of that PAC, with commensurate salaries of a president and VP of the PAC. Then they can spend the money to support the agenda of the nominee without actually naming the actual candidate in the ads. All while paying out ridiculous weekly salaries to the PAC staff(say $300k each to Joe and Jill). Think about how fast that would add up.

So basically a PAC that mostly creates attack ads against Trump, and never names an actual person as the D nominee, and is likely within FEC rules.

EDIT:
It's referred to as a "Leadership PAC"
quote:
A leadership PAC is defined as a political committee that is directly or indirectly established, financed, maintained or controlled by a candidate or an individual holding federal office, but is not an authorized committee of the candidate or officeholder and is not affiliated with an authorized committee of a candidate or officeholder. Leadership PACs do not include political party committees

https://www.fec.gov/help-candi...20committee%20of%20a

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stoic-one,

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Here's what they have to do if they want to give all that money to another candidate.

1. They nominate Biden virtually, by a zoom call of the delegates, before the convention.
2. Biden then drops out and releases the delegates.
3. Another candidate is chosen at the convention.
4. DNC rules then allow that money to be transferred to the new candidate, but only if Biden has already been nominated and drops out.

The problem is that I don't think it's up to the DNC, the FEC doesn't allow that to happen. But as I mentioned elsewhere, possibly earlier in this thread:

They can in theory create a PAC that doesn't name a candidate specifically, like "Campaign to elect the 2024 nominee", and transfer the money to that PAC. Then appoint fjb and a few of his family members (Joe and Jill for example) as administrators of that PAC, with commensurate salaries of a president and VP of the PAC. Then they can spend the money to support the agenda of the nominee without actually naming the actual candidate in the ads.

I thought the funds have to go to the VP should the POTUS candidate drop-out otherwise, the money has to go back to donors?

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dem gin-up 'new-rules' to address this; they already moved the goalposts for their candidates in 2020 and again earlier this year by doing away with the primaries.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
FJB may be sticking with it because he knows - or thinks he knows - that the dims have the election in the bag. Indications are they knew that was the case up to a year before Nov. 2020. Clearly they did have a lot of ducks in a row.

The one thing that gives me comfort is if Biden knows any such thing, he would have blurted something out by now.

It's hard to believe his ego keeps him from seeing the beating he'll be taking in a fair fight. OTOH his greatest attribute may be truly believing all the crap he spews. **cue Costanza meme**

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8542 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought the funds have to go to the VP should the POTUS candidate drop-out otherwise, the money has to go back to donors?

I've seen a LOT of talk about using this method, and as long as the end objective is the same, opposition to the R candidate, it's probably within bounds for not having to refund money back to the donors. Regardless, any lawsuits filed during all of this won't make it through court before the election. By then all the money has been "laundered"...

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Those 4 staffers in Balze's vid are hilarious. Lloyd Austin has an impressive poker face. He's the only one that didn't obviously wilt.

You are giving him to much credit, pretty sure he did not even realize what had just happened.

Posts: 3774 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
from what i've seen on X, there are powerful and high profile dems taking opposite sides in the big boy debate, no resolutiom yet

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Saw on Fox news, reported that $90 million of pledged donations to FJB are on hold, even though the D says they have $240 million it's likely not 100% cash in the bank, they are counting cash and pledged donations.

Posts: 24223 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
from what i've seen on X, there are powerful and high profile dems taking opposite sides in the big boy debate, no resolutiom yet
Let them eat their own. It's a beautiful thing to watch. Razz

NRA Benefactor

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Let them eat their own. It's a beautiful thing to watch. Razz

With the political Democratic sharks circling PedoJoe, how do Republicans put more proverbial blood in the water?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31996 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
With the political Democratic sharks circling PedoJoe, how do Republicans put more proverbial blood in the water?
Marginalize (,)La just enough so Joe is less likely to want to give it to her? Wink

NRA Benefactor

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 27510 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Just as an aside here, I’m currently reading a Brit “Detective Golden Age” novel set in 1923, and one of the characters is a “daft toff”, in phraseology.

Anyway, the mention of an extract of the plant “snowdrops” (Galanthus) for his “eccentricities” is mentioned. The first recorded mention of this in history was in the “Odyssey” by Homer, as “Moly” (milk of the flower), which helped to clarify Ulysses’s mind when he reached Circe’s island. I looked that up, and it’s an approved drug in the UK as a treatment for dementia, although not as a reversal for mental decline.

As “Neville Longbottom” would say, “Fascinating”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2797 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Fox News: "Biden is hemorrhaging celebrities" LOL

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
<snip>
As “Neville Longbottom” would say, “Fascinating”.

Neville knows his herbology.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I wish somebody would point out how anti LBGT biden was last night. I mean, he mentioned "American Women and Men," but didn't give ANY mention at all to any of the other 57 genders. . .

Cool

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Biden - Remember... and let me be clear... I picked Vice President Trump so I could beat Nixon and his VP choice Eisenhower.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38201 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Clio Calvo-Platero - remember that pretentious commie name. The guy who reported the incident is an idiot, being one of these truly ridiculous "undecided voter" assholes Roll Eyes who "likes Biden’s Supreme Court pick, Justice Kentanji Brown Jackson" but the important thing is the behavior of Clio Calvo-Platero (always with the hyphenated last names). Roll Eyes

Voter breaks silence after Biden campaign staffer tried to end interview critical of the president: 'Chilling'

A voter who criticized President Biden is speaking out about his encounter with a Biden campaign staffer after he said she tried to shut down his interview with a New York Times reporter.

Stephen Stubbs, a First Amendment attorney from Henderson, Nevada, told Fox News Digital in an interview that he was invited to attend a June 28 campaign event at the East Las Vegas Community Center featuring Vice President Kamala Harris.

Stubbs said he initially wanted to attend the Harris event to hear how the administration planned to deal with inflation, but in the wake of Biden’s performance at the CNN Presidential Debate, he wanted to hear what she would say regarding questions about Biden’s mental acuity.

"Everybody was talking about the debate the night before. Everybody was. And everybody was concerned. There were a few people that were vocal and saying, we have to move forward with what we have, so let's not talk negatively. But 90% of the people were critical of Joe Biden and [were] very, very worried," he recalled.

Staffers wearing Biden-Harris shirts at the event went around "strongly hinting" that people shouldn’t say anything negative about the president at a Biden event, according to Stubbs.

He said he was sitting outside eating his tacos and ice cream and happened to sit next to the chairwoman of the Democratic Party in Nevada, who was approached a few minutes later by New York Times politics fellow Simon Levien for an interview.

Stubbs said he began talking to Levien, who then asked him what he thought about the debate the night before.

A Biden staffer who was following Levien around took out her phone and began recording their conversation. "That in itself was kind of intimidating," Stubbs told Fox News Digital.

He said he began questioning why Biden couldn’t articulate for 90 minutes at the debate what he’s doing daily as president.

"I'm concerned about who's running the country right now. And I said, from what I saw last night, Biden should step down and Kamala Harris [who] was elected the vice president, that is her job, she should fulfill the rest of his term. And when I said that, the staffer said, I'm going to stop this right now. This is a Biden event. I'm sorry, but I'm going to stop this. She tried to stop it," Stubbs explained.

"Now, to the New York Times’ credit, they turned to her and said, no. I'm continuing with this interview, but the whole time she was giving me, like, daggers. Just daggers. Like, how dare you talk negatively about Biden to the New York Times."

Levien identified the staffer as Clio Calvo-Platero, deputy communications director for the Biden campaign in Nevada.

Calvo-Platero twice tried to end interviews with voters who were critical of Biden: once with Democratic voter Amy Nelson and the other with Stubbs, according to a vice presidential pool report from Levien.

The Biden campaign did not respond to Fox News Digital's requests for comment about the incident.

Stubbs, who describes himself as a constitutionalist, said he’s a registered Democrat who voted third-party in the 2020 election because he wasn’t happy with either Trump or Biden.

He said his interaction with Calvo-Platero "shocked" his conscience. "I didn’t appreciate it," he added. "She is the one that ordered us; it wasn't a request; she ordered us to stop talking. That was chilling."

Stubbs told Fox News Digital he’s an undecided voter heading into November. He has issues with both Trump and Biden and likens the choice to "chlamydia" or "gonorrhea."

"Neither one is a good choice," he said. "I'm begging someone to give me a reason not to vote for Trump."

The Nevada native added that he likes Biden’s Supreme Court pick, Justice Kentanji Brown Jackson, the administration’s environmental policies and its support for unions and unionized workers.

As for Trump, Stubbs said he takes issue with his "pro-police militarization and selling weapons of war to police departments."

Inflation is the most important issue for him heading into November because it’s hurting his family and adult children "deeply."

Stubbs said his final concern about Biden is that he’s being kept in a "bubble."

"He's not hearing feedback from real Americans, right? Look, I am not convinced that Biden has the mental acuity to do the job today. I think the responsible thing for him to do is to say, for the good of the country, I'm going to put myself aside and any ego I might have, step down and Mrs. Harris is going to finish out my term. It's not very long, right? And you know what? Give her a shot," he told Fox News Digital.

"My problem is, is that if Biden stays in the race, we don't really know who Trump is running against. It's a person behind a curtain. We don't know who's making the analysis and the decisions because Biden doesn't have the mental acuity," Stubbs continued.

"The curtain has to be open. We have to know what is going on, who is running the country. That's the first thing I asked that reporter. Who is running the country? We need to know."

The White House has repeatedly said Biden had a bad night during the debate, citing a cold and jetlag and insists that he is the one making decisions. Biden himself insists he is up for his duties as president and is the candidate best suited to defeat former President Trump in November.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"My problem is, is that if Biden stays in the race, we don't really know who Trump is running against. It's a person behind a curtain. We don't know who's making the analysis and the decisions because Biden doesn't have the mental acuity," Stubbs continued.

"The curtain has to be open. We have to know what is going on, who is running the country. That's the first thing I asked that reporter. Who is running the country? We need to know."

Wasn't apparent during the entire 2020 election season Roll Eyes

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Consider the source. Someone so obtuse that, at this point, they're saying "Well, gee, I just can't make up my mind."

Yeah, you're so fucking special because you're so much more careful than all those impetuous people who make such a decision willy-nilly.

I couldn't be around people like that. I'd end up getting arrested.

Posts: 109043 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Wasn't apparent during the entire 2020 election season Roll Eyes

It’s been quite shocking to me realizing many people truly didn’t grasp that Biden is mentally fading out and the recent debate was a genuine surprise to them. Such is the hold the MSM has over large swaths of our population; until CNN reported it they didn’t believe it. It’s been good for me to realize this, as I was in my own bubble of like minded people who reflexively disbelieve MSM reporting and consequently assumed my experience was more common.

We are surrounded by zombie idiots.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post