SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 666
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ol Joe is on the offensive, he's on TV at the national weather center as they announce the coming Hurricane and other weather issues, and of course there is a teleprompter.

Guess the "bad debate" but I'm still ok process is in the works for the Administration and of course Dr Jill, propping him up in front of the USA...

Posts: 23811 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch! CNN has Trump up by 6% in their latest poll which was taken AFTER the debate.

2024 General Election: Trump vs. Biden

For context, at this time in 2020 Biden was 9.3% ahead and in 2016 Clinton was 4.5% ahead.

If Trump's team feels confident about November, they are going to start hammering down ballot races.

Posts: 6670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...=breaking_news_email

Rep. Lloyd Doggett Becomes First Sitting Democrat to Call for Biden to Withdraw

The first domino fell Tuesday. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) called for President Joe Biden to step down from his campaign for reelection to the White House.

Doggett’s announcement followed a horrendous debate performance from Biden universally panned by media and voters.

Few Democrat elected officials have rushed to Biden’s defense, but Doggett is the first to officially announce Biden should step aside.

“For more than a year, many Americans have indicated dissatisfaction with their choices in this election,” Doggett said in a press release. “President Biden has continued to run substantially behind Democratic senators in key states and in most polls has trailed Donald Trump.”

He continued, “I had hoped that the debate would provide some momentum to change that. It did not. Instead of reassuring voters, the President failed to effectively defend his many accomplishments and expose Trump’s many lies.”

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38948 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Send in the clone!

Posts: 7544 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns: Instead of reassuring voters, the President failed to effectively defend his many accomplishments and expose Trump’s many lies.”

he can't do much, let alone the impossible

Posts: 2940 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The key takeaway from all these editorial lamentations is that there is nothing that happened within that 90 minutes that every single person who has paid any attention to Biden in the last four years was not aware of.

And the Democrats were in deep shit long before the debate, it is interesting to see people behave as if the Dems were a clear, functioning party before. The Democrat brand is damaged big time, and it is not just Joe Biden. We very well might see more of "The Squad" lose seats, and other leftist Democrats across the country.

The political landscape globally shows leftism is being rejected across Europe, and in the last couple of years, in South America. Looking at Australia and Canada's situation now, people around the globe are frustrated, sick and tired of the leftist bullsh*t that screwed up their lives, and the U.S. is seeing this revelation as well, in spades.

It doesn't matter who the Dems put in, they won't win against Trump in an honest election. People are hungry for a more conservative society, very similar to the endgame of Jimmy Carter's term, people were starving for a change in their lives. And it's happening in America right now, and months/years ago. The citizens are sick to death of inflation, sick of illegals, sick of unfettered crime, sick of our foreign policy, sick of the LGBTQ crap, sick of identity politics, all attributed to the Democrat agenda.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16875 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’ve never watched a live White House press briefing, but I want to watch the DEI/LGBTQAUEDHAEUJ hire wilt under the barrage of questions.

ETA: The DEI/LGBTQAUEDHAEUJ hire is a pathological liar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31622 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I’ve never watched a live White House press briefing, but I want to watch the DEI/LGBTQAUEDHAEUJ hire wilt under the barrage of questions.

Has she/he/we/they/all of the above given a presser since Thursday's debate? If so, I haven't seen it. And it would be PPV material!

P229

Posts: 3900 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Has she/he/we/they/all of the above given a presser since Thursday's debate? If so, I haven't seen it. And it would be PPV material!

It was today at 1430 EDT.

Watch starting at 19:00 and you’ll see a pathological liar.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31622 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Biden campaign people are clowns.

Clown Show: Biden Campaign Grants Trump’s Communications Advisor Steven Cheung Access to Private Internal Call Using His Official Trump Campaign Email

Trump’s campaign spokesman Steven Cheung managed to infiltrate an internal call of the Biden campaign. The shocking part is, Cheung didn’t use any cloak and dagger tactics – he simply used his official Trump campaign email.

Cheung took to the social media platform X to share his experience. In a series of posts, he exposed the Biden campaign’s lax security measures and their disheartening attitude toward the ongoing political battle.

“On the Biden campaign call, deputy campaign manager Quentin Fulks admits that the SCOTUS ruling makes President Trump, ‘Immune, immune, immune!'” Cheung wrote in one post.

https://x.com/TheStevenCheung/.../1807803497133285407

In another post, Cheung painted a bleak picture of the morale within the Biden campaign. “This Biden campaign call is the saddest thing I’ve ever listened to. They have given up,” he wrote. These words are indicative of a campaign that seems to have lost its vigor and conviction following Biden’s disastrous performance.

https://x.com/TheStevenCheung/.../1807803861031178355

Cheung then humorously revealed that he was waiting in line to ask questions during the call. “I’m currently in the question queue. Have a good one,” he posted, highlighting how easily he had penetrated what should have been a secure communication channel.

https://x.com/TheStevenCheung/.../1807804081672732973

In his final revelation, Cheung exposed the lax security measures of the Biden team.

“I used my official campaign email and name to sign up for this conference call, and the Biden communications and press operation basically let in,” he wrote, adding, “Biden’s broke dick campaign.”

This blunder is a clear testament to how unprepared the Biden campaign is to handle even basic operational tasks.

https://x.com/TheStevenCheung/.../1807805590179102926

The episode ended with a twist of irony as a Biden press intern thanked participants for respecting the press embargo, a protocol that Cheung openly flaunted he did not adhere to.

https://x.com/TheStevenCheung/.../1807809133875286198

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108326 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Biden campaign people are clowns.

That's an understatement.

Nice is overrated

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Just as we said all along, Joe Biden belongs in a nursing home, not the Oval Office

Posts: 34163 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BIDENOMICS: John Deere to Lay Off Hundreds in Midwest as Production Moves to Mexico

https://thenationalpulse.com/2...ion-moves-to-mexico/

John Deere, the leading global seller of tractors and crop harvesters, announced another round of layoffs last Friday due to a collapse in demand and a slowing U.S. economy. The company informed approximately 610 production staff in its Illinois and Iowa plants that their employment would end by the end of the summer. According to John Deere, all layoffs will take effect on August 30.The agricultural equipment supplier attributed the layoffs to reduced demand for its products manufactured at these locations. Despite reporting $10.166 billion in profits last year, the company cited rising operational costs and declining market demand as reasons for these changes. “We can confirm Deere leadership recently communicated that rising operational costs and declining market demand requires enterprise-wide changes in how work gets done to achieve our goals and best position the company for the future,” a company statement reads.

This month, the company also announced plans to transfer the production of skid steer loaders and compact track loaders from its Dubuque facility to Mexico by the end of 2026, citing rising domestic manufacturing costs in the United States. In October, John Deere laid off 225 employees at its Harvester Works plant in East Moline. This was followed by layoffs at other locations, including 34 workers in May at its Moline Cylinder Works factory and 150 more in March at its Ankeny, Iowa, facility. Approximately 500 employees were let go at its Waterloo plant in Iowa earlier this year.Lower crop prices have led to an excess of unsold tractors and combines, resulting in some equipment sellers offering discounts and suspending new orders. The Department of Agriculture forecasted a 25.5 percent decline in farm income to $116.1 billion this year compared to 2023 levels.

Posts: 12874 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"I did not respect the press embargo."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44134 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
BIDENOMICS: John Deere to Lay Off Hundreds in Midwest as Production Moves to Mexico...

"Nothing runs like a Deere..."
-FJB

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44134 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Nice one, SM.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16528 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Report — Aides ‘Scared Sh*tless’ of Joe Biden: ‘Not a Pleasant Person’
President Joe Biden’s aides are reportedly “scared shitless” during briefings with him, as he refuses to take advice from anyone other than top aides.

The reported leak from Politico represents frustration within the Biden campaign, which is reeling from a poor debate performance and subsequent calls for Biden to drop out of the race.

“It’s like, ‘You can’t include that, that will set him off,’ or ‘Put that in, he likes that,’” one senior administration official told the outlet. “It’s a Rorschach test, not a briefing. Because he is not a pleasant person to be around when he’s being briefed. It’s very difficult, and people are scared shitless of him.”

“He doesn’t take advice from anyone other than those few top aides, and it becomes a perfect storm because he just gets more and more isolated from their efforts to control it,” the official added.
Senior Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Bates claimed the leak was false.

As Breitbart News outlined, Biden’s environment is “more strictly controlled — and isolated — as his term progresses” due to the need to manage public perceptions of the oldest president to ever hold the office.

Perceptions are turning negative about the president. Forty-one percent of Democrat voters want Biden to drop out of the race, a Monday USA Today/Suffolk University poll found. Only 51 percent want him to remain on the ticket.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024...tm_campaign=20240702

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8482 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Debates Have Consequences! Razz

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1808230685494370446

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9147 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
During World War II the British developed a plan, operation FOXLEY, to kill Hitler. The plan was to insert a sniper and a team with an antitank weapon into the area of Berchtesgaden where Hitler sometimes spent time. Although the operation was never mounted, a significant amount of time and effort went into its planning.

Not everyone, however, thought the operation was a good idea; the risks and difficulties of such a mission were one thing, but some of the high-ranking officers who were aware of it objected for another reason: Because Hitler, who had full control over Germany military operations, was actually a major detriment to the German war effort. There was some concern that killing him in an assassination operation might have stiffened the resolve of dedicated Nazis, but the more important concern was that whoever replaced him would probably have been capable of managing military operations more effectively.

We should give thought to what we wish for.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47514 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden attacks Republican climate deniers as he unveils extreme-heat rules

https://www.theguardian.com/en...treme-heat-proposaal

President Biden on Tuesday trumpeted new rules from his administration that aim to protect Americans from extreme heat.

“Extreme heat is the No 1 weather-related killer in the United States,” he said at the Washington DC Emergency Operations Center. “More people die from extreme heat than floods, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.”

The speech came hours after the White House unveiled a long-awaited proposal to establish the nation’s first-ever federal workplace standard for extreme heat. If finalized, the rule “will substantially reduce heat injuries, illnesses and deaths for over 36m workers … construction workers, postal workers, manufacturing workers and so much more”, Biden said.

Labor and climate activists celebrated the administration’s new heat stress rule proposal, but finalizing it will be an uphill battle. It faces potential legal challenges from trade groups, and if Trump wins the November election, his administration could also refuse to greenlight the measure.

The White House also announced $1bn in grants for over 650 climate resilience projects across the country on Tuesday. Washington DC will receive over $3.5bn for infrastructure upgrades, said Muriel Bowser, the mayor, in her opening remarks.

Announced on Tuesday amid temperature warnings across the country, the rule would require employers to establish heat safety coordinators, undergo extreme heat safety training, create and regularly update emergency heat response plans, and provide workers with shade and water.

It would also require a heat acclimatization process for new employees to gradually increase their exposure to high temperatures.

It would also require a heat acclimatization process for new employees to gradually increase their exposure to high temperatures.

The proposed rule includes specific safeguards for when the heat index in a workplace breaches 80F (27C), including increased access to water and temperature-controlled break rooms. At a 90F (32C) heat index, the standard would trigger additional protections, including paid 15-minute breaks every two hours, mandated observation of employees and hazard alerts for all workers.

Employers who fail to meet the standard could be subject to fines. Under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s general-duty clause, workplaces with dangerous levels of heat stress can be subject to penalties of roughly $16,000; the rule would substantially increase that amount, administration officials said.

In Washington, the president railed against Republicans who “deny that climate change even exists”. Not a single congressional Republican voted for the Inflation Reduction Act, he noted, adding that many are now trying to repeal its green provisions. Donald Trump and “Maga Republicans in Congress” are working to “undo” the administration’s climate progress.

“I, quite frankly, think it’s not only outrageous, it’s really stupid,” he said. “When disaster strikes, there are no red states or blue states.”

More at link

Posts: 12874 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post