SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 661
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
Did I get that right?

It's, uh... how do they say it these days? Oh right, it's very nuanced. Lotsa nuances.

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Democratic strategist James Carville said Monday on CNN’s “The Lead” that the Democratic Party needed to drop President Joe Biden from the presidential ticket.

“Everybody saw what they saw Thursday night. I don’t take any pleasure in this was a year ago, I’m going to be at 80 in October. You can’t fight this stuff it’s just there, it is what happens.”

He added, “If the Democratic Party is so committed to the status quo, and so committed to sticking with something that three quarters of the country doesn’t want then we have to say, why do we exist? What are we here for?”

Tapper said, “Biden huddled with his family over the weekend at Camp David and were told that his family thinks he should stay in the race. What’s your response?”

Carville said, “Maybe they love you, but their judgment is clouded by love. I mean, I really like Christmas and Biden but man the country want something new.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...esnt-make-any-sense/

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
CNN

https://x.com/LaCivitaC/status/1807955102168219733

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30676 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here it is:

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ was that a robot??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11018 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oh, so the court is attacking law now? Seems to me like the Supreme Courts role was to interpret the law and assure it is aligned with the Constitution.

Does he forget that Trump had the full and legal power to prosecute Hillary for her egregious and obvious violations of multiple laws, and refused to do so. His reward for not prosecuting a political rival, the Democrats did the same to him.

Nice that Biden chooses to dissent.... it means zero.

And would someone PLEASE remind Biden that this is not a Democracy but a Constitutional Republic.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me when a Polititian's criticism of a SCOTUS ruling ever went well for them?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8478 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The immunity ruling, if I understand it correctly, is a two-edged sword. Biden's opening the border to all these illegals, some of whom went on to commit heinous crimes, was an "official act," was it not? Does he not realize he also benefits from it?

Posts: 28226 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
The elite don’t fear the system; they think it exists to both protect them and keep the little folk in line. Their behavior for the last several decades bears this out. “Rules for thee but not for me.” They are furious that they cannot attack Trump, or any of their other enemies as they please.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15712 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Video in link.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...ourt-immunity-ruling

Wow! I wanted to see the full video and just Wow!

If you don't feel like watching the full video just go to 4:30. It's close enough to the end where you can see how Biden walks away. He took no questions. He just, slowly, turns and walks away.

I realize I am not objective in this, but I don't see how this helps Biden.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
The end was good where he leaves. I'd be surprised if he ever takes another question off the cuff from the press ever again. Like ever.

And so slow joe shuffles off to Buffalo.

It looked a lot like he had had to practice that 180. The way he did his about face was very...careful...not to fall down, of course.

I agree with your 83v45magna. I can't see why his handlers thought this was a good idea other than to give the MSM something else to talk about.

This will just continue to reinforce the narrative of his cognitive decline.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The immunity ruling, if I understand it correctly, is a two-edged sword. Biden's opening the border to all these illegals, some of whom went on to commit heinous crimes, was an "official act," was it not? Does he not realize he also benefits from it?

I'm not sure that is a valid equivalence. The executive's job is to execute the laws, not ignore them. Willfully assisting people cross the border contrary to federal law is not consistent with his duties.

But if he gave priorities to the Border Patrol to concentrate on securing one area, he would be immune to claims he did something illegal simply for using discretion in setting priorities with non-infinite resources.

Posts: 9595 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
BOOM...There's the thought process of leftists, something I've long suspected. They know Biden isn't capable or in control of anything, and they're OK with it.

https://x.com/SirBylHolte/status/1808136689803468979

This is my liberal “friend Carole.

She refuses to talk about Joe Biden’s awful debate performance, because he paid off her student loan.

I asked her if she’s still gonna vote for him.

HER: “Of course, why not.”

ME: “Because he’s mentally insane.”

HER: “He’s nawwwwt, he just had a bad night.”

ME: “I told you back in 2020 he was senile, and you fought me over it. Your husband still isn’t speaking to me because of that.”

Then she said it: “Well who cares, it’s not like he’s the one who makes the decisions anyway.”

I just stared at her.

This is the moment when I understood why and how we lost our country.

(P.S. Added text so BH doesn't have to.)

Posts: 2932 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Appreciate it Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30676 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The hardcore leftists simply do not care, they are so brainwashed into the cult of "Vote Blue no matter who!" that they would vote for Pol Pot if he had a (D) next to his name.

Actual post on Reddit this past week:

"I will vote for the corpse of Joe Biden before I ever vote for any Republican"

It's really scary and amazing.

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
They're saying they do not actually value having one single person, the president, an individual in control of the executive branch. He's a figurehead with all the trappings, occupying the residence, like a modern-day monarch or emperor. That pretty much sums up the Biden circus.

Posts: 2932 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is Slate. You don't get much more left leaning than Slate.

We Can't Unsee What we Saw

quote:
We Can’t Unsee What We Saw
The debate was bad. The spin is somehow even worse.
BY HILLARY FREY
JULY 02, 20245:35 AM

There are times in all of our lives when we see things we wish we hadn’t. It could be a text, sent or received by a loved one, that reveals a secret. It could be a bill or bank statement, left out at a friend’s house, that tells a different financial story than what you thought you knew about your friend. It could be a shitty test result, confirming something you’d previously been able to deny.

Or it could be last Thursday’s presidential debate, which revealed that President Biden is indeed an old man who appears to be in no condition to be running this country, even now—not to mention in another four years.

The debate was shocking, upsetting, nearly impossible to watch. Based on my anecdotal research, lots of folks turned it off after 10 minutes, unable to witness the humiliating performance by our current president. Others held out hope it would turn around in real time, that Biden’s jaw would be vacuumed shut again, eyes refocused. Still more of us had the sinking, correct assumption: This would not come to pass. We knew what was happening. We were watching the president of the United States, un-teleprompted, fail in a spectacularly human way in front of us. He was not OK. Which meant the impending presidential election was more like an impending disaster.

But even worse than those unbearable 90 minutes has been the spin that followed. Democratic operatives and Biden’s friends in high places came to his defense; Barack Obama himself brushed off the president’s dismal performance, posting on Twitter that “bad debate nights happen.” C’mon. Yes, a bad debate night happened to Obama when he was running again in 2012. A bad debate night is not what happened last week.

Pushing this line is offensive, and contemptuous of the American voting public. Everyone saw the same debate: It was reality rubbing human mortality in our faces. Biden is old, and the process of his aging seems to be accelerating, as it is wont to do. We all know old people. We know how different the 60s are from the 70s, and the 70s are from the 80s. We’ve all witnessed the decline that comes in the slow march toward the end, likely in circumstances that were unbelievably personal and sorrowful. What I am trying to say is: We know what we saw last Thursday. And like those relationship-changing texts and bad test results, we cannot unsee what we saw.

The effort to convince us that it really wasn’t that bad will continue. Biden’s campaign will keep reiterating that those closest to the president—his wife Jill and son Hunter, first and foremost—are standing by him, urging him to stay in, because they are the ones who know what he is “really” like, and they think he’s up for it. But the swell from the media is building to counter that, and that’s good. It’s our job to say what is really happening out there, even if it is unpleasant and inconvenient.

Could we have been more forcefully pushing on Biden’s age before? Sure, and some reporters have been trying. But even with the evidence of the number—Biden is 81—pressing too hard seemed to be edging into a hypothetical space. He seemed good; the State of the Union was a success, he looked invigorated at rallies. Only now does it feel so obvious that in those encounters, Biden was scripted, prompted, controlled. Everything mediated by people motivated to protect him personally and politically. Now, we regular folks have seen him unplugged. It’s not pretty. Aging only goes in one direction.

Now, we are being urged again to get on board and do this thing. Finish the job! We need to go with the guy with the record, with the experience, with the delegates. He beat Trump before—no one else has done that, don’t you realize that? No one else can do that, Biden defenders keep telling us.

Well, who knows. But I do know that trying to wish last Thursday night away is only going to make me angrier. I’m up for rolling the dice. We can’t unsee what we saw. And I, for one, don’t want to see it again.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^'Deep Slate'...Still up for 'rolling the dice' though! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9133 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is Slate. You don't get much more left leaning than Slate.
https://slate.com/news-and-pol...n-is-even-worse.html

What makes the amateurish nature of this article even more shocking is that, apparently, the writer is Slate's editor in chief. Perhaps that's how pointless, space-robbing lines like this survived the red pencil:
quote:
We all know old people.
Do tell Roll Eyes Do you get paid by the word, lady?

She may be using the royal "we" or that may be her pronoun, but it's obvious to me that who she really wants to be able to "unsee" the debate is the estimated 78 million people (48M on CNN, another 30M online) who witnessed at least a portion of Biden's humiliation- a humiliation, I might point out, that he eagerly sought, with his typical braggadocio.

The key takeaway from all these editorial lamentations is that there is nothing that happened within that 90 minutes that every single person who has paid any attention to Biden in the last four years was not aware of. What has happened is not that there was a shocking revelation brought to fore by Thursday night's telecast; it's that Biden's performance- live, unedited, sans teleprompter and the option to ignore questions and walk away from the podium- was so glaringly awful, that not even the media apparatchiks who routinely, gleefully wipe ol' Joe's ass for him are able to deny what they witnessed and more importantly, what a substantial portion of the American voter population witnessed.

And now, as David Axelrod pointed out, it's too late to do anything about it, because the time to accept the truth was a year ago. Since the leftists refused to acknowledge reality until it was standing on their chests, the fact is that they have no one to blame but themselves.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108293 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post