SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^WTF...Over! Mad

Worked in an Army stockade for two years.(Counselor). Highest rank in pretrial confinement was a sergeant. The majority of the pretrial soldiers were AWOLS at risk of running again. There were a couple of others charged with serious crimes (DUI casing death, murder, theft of a weapon, drug dealing).
Rule of thumb, the troublemakers were the brats that went AWOL. The serious criminals generally behaved themselves.
Put a field grade officer in jail is rare if not unheard of. Even Calley of the My Lai massacre of 2-400 people was under arrest.
No doubt this is command influence.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
"Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is currently in pre-trial confinement ....

Ho Lee Crap! That is amazing (I was going to say “incredible,” but nothing seems to fit that word any more).
Pretrial confinement in the military was extremely rare in my day, and usually only for the most serious assaults and up. Please, Elvis, save us! The inmates aren’t running only the asylum, but everything else as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
No doubt this is command influence.

I wonder if that will be an issue at trial. I certainly would not overlook it if I were the defense attorney.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
It is the tactic of the progressive prosecutors and the Just Us Department: The Freddie Grey Police Officers were given extremely high bond (higher than most career criminals on much worse charges get) so they were stuck in jail for a bit. The Navy Seal accused of murder on the battlefield was placed in extreme confinement which even limited any contact with his attorney. Roger Stone was held with limited contact, and the January 6th defendants are being held with limited contact.

All part of trying to force a quick plea bargain to show the mob.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Other than a murder charge I can't recall a field grade officer being placed in pre-trial confinement. There are rules about this and Article 13 of the UCMJ prohibits using pre-trial confinement as punishment. That will probably be where his attorney will focus his attention.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
There are usually consequences to violating orders.

But apparently there are no consequences for murdering an entire family including seven children. Just an oops and an insincere apology will do.
Or the deaths of 13 US soldiers, placed in harms way irresponsibly for no good reason. I don't want to hear one GD word about accountability so long as this administration suffers none of it for their behavior.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Other than a murder charge I can't recall a field grade officer being placed in pre-trial confinement. There are rules about this and Article 13 of the UCMJ prohibits using pre-trial confinement as punishment. That will probably be where his attorney will focus his attention.

Murder (O-3), rape (different O-3), drug use (cocaine with intent to sell) (O-2 and O-3) and espionage (O-4 I think he was) are the only ones I heard of in my 23 year Navy career

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Biden didn’t just announce a Covid-19 vaccine mandate on companies employing 100 or more people, he plans to enforce it.

On Saturday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s House quietly tucked an enforcement mechanism into their $3.5 trillion “reconciliation” bill, passed it out of the Budget Committee, and sent it to the House floor.

Buried on page 168 of the House Democrats’ 2,465-page mega bill is a tenfold increase in fines for employers that “willfully,” “repeatedly,” or even seriously violate a section of labor law that deals with hazards, death, or serious physical harm to their employees.

The increased fines on employers could run as high as $70,000 for serious infractions, and $700,000 for willful or repeated violations—almost three-quarters of a million dollars for each fine.

The Biden Administration has already started implementing its vaccine mandate enforcement blueprint:

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) set precedent this summer and published an emergency Covid-19 rule in the Federal Register taking jurisdiction over and providing justification for Covid-19 being a workplace hazard for healthcare employment.

Early in September, Biden announced his 100-or-more employee Covid-19 vaccine mandate and tasked OSHA with drafting an enforcement rule to exert emergency vaccine compliance authority over companies with 100 or more employees.

seen at CTH and
https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...000/?sh=4282406a1c0d

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
ABC recently did a recorded interview w obama.

In their broadcast they left out part of what obama said.

Left out:

‘At the same time, we're a nation-state. We have borders. The idea that we can just have open borders is something that, as a practical matter is unsustainable.’

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rder-policy-n2596656

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Saturday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s House quietly tucked an enforcement mechanism into their $3.5 trillion “reconciliation” bill, passed it out of the Budget Committee, and sent it to the House floor.

It’s a good thing that the stupid reconciliation bill’s ability to carry it off won’t pass. Even more moderates than just Manchin and Sinema are against it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
ABC recently did a recorded interview w obama.

In their broadcast they left out part of what obama said.

Left out:

‘At the same time, we're a nation-state. We have borders. The idea that we can just have open borders is something that, as a practical matter is unsustainable.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rder-policy-n2596656

Of course they would. Mad
But they are going to try anyway. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

It’s a good thing that the stupid reconciliation bill’s ability to carry it off won’t pass. Even more moderates than just Manchin and Sinema are against it.
Forgive me, but no they aren't against it. Biden's approval is in complete freefall at this point and these garbage politicians are well aware of it and the anchor it could wrap around them running for re-election next year. The more this ridiculous cast of morons, grifters, and their brain dead relic fall in the polls, the more Dem politicians will have a once in a lifetime brush with fiscal responsibility. If Biden were up in the polls, the Dem's as a group would have no issue cramming this legislation through.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi on the Democrats' $3.5 TRILLION tax-and-spending spree:

"It's not about a dollar amount...the dollar amount, as the president said, is zero."

video at:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearc...rn-tomorrow-n2596672

$3.5 Trillion of pork to liberals. But the cost is zero. There is no dialog any more. The DEMs just outrageously lie their asses off.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
$3.5 Trillion of pork to liberals. But the cost is zero. There is no dialog any more. The DEMs just outrageously lie their asses off.
Yep, simple question that should have been posed to this drunken moron after this bald faced lie (assuming we still had any journalists)...."Madam Speaker, can you note for us one example over the past 50 years where a bill was actually paid for? We'll wait."

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ It sounds like they're under pressure to capitalize on an opportunity - and don't know how. Remember "January 6th was an armed insurrection and any Republican who didn't vote to rubber stamp the election steal now needs to resign from Congress immediately"?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If the cost is zero, why the hell do we need to raise the debt ceiling?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It won't take Biden and the Dems long to demand early voting be extended because the mail is slowing down.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
It won't take Biden and the Dems long to demand early voting be extended because the mail is slowing down.

And none of the USPS will be vaccinated so COVID cases will further spike in the organization, causing further delays. I can see the script now.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/c...ktopwebshare_twitter

Biden’s nominee to regulate banks really, really hates . . . banks.

Biden checked off another progressive identity box last week by nominating Saule Omarova as Comptroller of the Currency. Some Trump appointees were ridiculed for having supported the elimination of their agencies. Ms. Omarova wants to eliminate the banks she’s being appointed to regulate.

The Cornell University law school professor’s radical ideas might make even Bernie Sanders blush. She graduated from Moscow State University in 1989 on the Lenin Personal Academic Scholarship. Thirty years later, she still believes the Soviet economic system was superior, and that U.S. banking should be remade in the Gosbank’s image.

“Until I came to the US, I couldn’t imagine that things like gender pay gap still existed in today’s world. Say what you will about old USSR, there was no gender pay gap there. Market doesn’t always ‘know best,’” she tweeted in 2019. After Twitter users criticized her ignorance, she added a caveat: “I never claimed women and men were treated absolutely equally in every facet of Soviet life. But people’s salaries were set (by the state) in a gender-blind manner. And all women got very generous maternity benefits. Both things are still a pipe dream in our society!”

Sure, there was a Gulag, and no private property, but maternity benefits!

Ms. Omarova thinks asset prices, pay scales, capital and credit should be dictated by the federal government. In two papers, she has advocated expanding the Federal Reserve’s mandate to include the price levels of “systemically important financial assets” as well as worker wages. As they like to say at the modern university, from each according to her ability to each according to her needs.

In a recent paper “The People’s Ledger,” she proposed that the Federal Reserve take over consumer bank deposits, “effectively ‘end banking,’ as we know it,” and become “the ultimate public platform for generating, modulating, and allocating financial resources in a modern economy.” She’d also like the U.S. to create a central bank digital currency—as Venezuela and China are doing—to “redesign our financial system & turn Fed’s balance sheet into a true ‘People’s Ledger,’” she tweeted this summer. What could possibly go wrong?

She’d also like a politically and structurally independent “Public Interest Council” of "highly paid” academics with broad subpoena power to supervise financial regulatory agencies, including the Fed. The Council, she explained, would not be subject to the “constraints and requirements of the administrative process.” Ivy League professors know best.

As comptroller, Ms. Omarova would supervise some 1,200 financial institutions. While she couldn’t enact her People’s Agenda without legislation, she would have sweeping powers to punish banks that don’t follow her diktats.

posted Hide Post
This is comical, if it were not true. Great background for understanding American culture and financial institutons. I don't think her alma mater, Moscow State University even has a football team.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
As I've asked elsewhere...Chipman Round II?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post