SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 661
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ The text of that tweet, so one doesn't have to go to Twitter to read it.

BREAKING: Tucker Carlson reports that Jill Biden is keeping her husband away from people who would convince him to drop out, reports that Obama is bashing Biden behind the scenes

The report comes as a NYT report claims Biden’s family is telling him to stay in the race.

“Obama’s tweet supporting Joe Biden was disingenuous. In private, Obama is telling people Biden can’t win, and he is therefore in favor of an open convention.”

“Relations between the Obamas and the Bidens have never been warm. At times they’ve been hostile.”

“But recently they’ve deteriorated further, mostly due to Jill Biden.”

“In the hours and days after the debate, she kept her husband cloistered away from anyone who might convince him to drop out.”

“Jill Biden is the driving force behind her husband’s reelection campaign, just as she was in 2020, when other members of the family (including Biden’s sister Val) considered him too impaired to run.”

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30676 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
You knew it was inevitable:

Ha

"They're going to shove MAGA so far up our asses, we'll be shitting orange for years"

I'm going to have to use that over at Redit

Posts: 5404 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's amazing to me how fast the Democrat machine turned on Dementia Joe when he showed the world during the debate the he, The Emperor, had no clothes. I get email updates from the NYT and even THEY are calling now for Biden to step aside. Amazing!

Should't be a surprise, they knew exactly what they were doing when they prop'd him up and insisted he was a viable candidate in 2020. A large number of the American electorate convinced themselves that he was soo much better than the other candidate ignoring all the signs and possibilities. Meanwhile, the conservative opposition kept on pointing-out: that this guy is nearly off his rocker, campaigning from a basement aint't kosher, more often than not he's unable to answer a question, he's acts like he's on heavy medications, the press has no access to him, etc.

So here we are again, the only change is Biden's feebleness is more pronounced and many of those talking heads who convinced themselves AND the country that all was well, has suddenly had a change of heart. The Queen Consort is seeing the ranks of his followers thin, she's panicking, would not surprise me if she herself goes on a media tour of sorts, sitting down with The View and other 'friendly talk shows'. If anything we're seeing the American media machine in-action, how to influence people with impressions, perceptions and feelings.

Posts: 14842 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well its obvious why Jill wants him running.
Kinda hard to peddle your "influence" when you have none.
"The Big Guys 10%"

Posts: 1058 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LMAO! Big Grin

Mika Brzezinksi is like that lone Japanese soldier who refused to surrender until 1974

Morning Joe’ co-host opens MSNBC show with 15-minute monologue defending Joe Biden after debate ‘disaster’

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2932 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does anyone find the rich irony in the fact that for 4 freaking years the Democrats pissed and moaned that "Trump probably won't leave office!" and yet here we are with this stubborn old goat Biden it turns out to be he's one who is refusing to go?

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dude won 81,000,000 votes. He is the most beloved POTUS ever and you want him to drop out!!! Big Grin
I want him to stay in the race...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24329 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14842 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
And now... an important message from the late Beau Biden:

https://x.com/mazemoore/status...ter-advisors-and-cnn

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24329 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone find the rich irony in the fact that for 4 freaking years the Democrats pissed and moaned that "Trump probably won't leave office!" and yet here we are with this stubborn old goat Biden it turns out to be he's one who is refusing to go?

Well, he still has six months left in his term.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30676 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Six months is a lifetime in politics. Lots can happen in 6 months.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2742 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I mean the notion that he and his fake doctor wife are refusing to drop out of the race for reelection, not leave now.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’d love to be a fly on the wall at current meetings of the Democrat big wigs. I’d bet I’d hear major league acrimony and gnashing of teeth.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9197 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
quote:

Six months is a lifetime in politics. Lots can happen in 6 months.

Yeah but, Six Months 'can' mean the end of life as we know it, both geopolitically and in the context of global conflict(s). If ever there was a 'existential threat' to National Security, FJB meets the definition!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9133 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ng-craters-desperate

CNN's Dana Bash revealed Monday that conversations about President Biden's ability to win re-election will take a different shape if his polling plummets following his widely panned debate performance.

During an appearance on "CNN This Morning," Bash said those in Biden's inner circle are watching "like hawks" to see if his fundraising dries up or if potential voters turn on the president after they have time to digest debate footage.

"If it looks like the bottom fell out or even close to that, there will be different conversations," Bash said. "That was told to me by people very close to this process. They admitted it, which is why you saw an effort, a war room like I have never seen in Biden land."

The "State of the Union" co-host also struggled to contain her laughter after the Biden campaign shared polling data that showed Biden leading other Democrats in an election match-up against former President Donald Trump.

"Can you imagine a world in which the political operation is scrambling so much, I would even say desperate to stop everybody from freaking out that you're putting out internal polling on other people to show 'oh yeah? You think it's bad with our guy? Look, what it's going to be with the other people,'" she said.

Biden's campaign staff were on damage control this weekend, working to shore up support among a top donor class deeply shaken by the president's performance at last week's debate.

Biden himself attempted to spin the performance during a fundraiser in New Jersey on Saturday, arguing that more undecided voters were swayed to his side during the debate than Trump's.

The president reportedly acknowledged that his performance at the debate left much to be desired, but he argued that polling was on his side.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108293 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1807865101095166119

The Democratic National Committee wants to "stamp out" calls to replace President Joe Biden by formally nominating him as early as mid-July, according to Bloomberg.

Great news for all.

According to people familiar with the matter, the DNC wants to nominate Biden on July 21 when the credentials committee meets.

They will reportedly be meeting to "finalize procedures" before the convention in Chicago in August.

"The plans to nominate the president early could serve another purpose: helping to quell talk of a potential replacement or an open convention following Biden’s cataclysmic debate against Donald Trump," Bloomberg reported.

Posts: 108293 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ng-craters-desperate

CNN's Dana Bash revealed Monday that conversations about President Biden's ability to win re-election will take a different shape if his polling plummets following his widely panned debate performance.

During an appearance on "CNN This Morning," Bash said those in Biden's inner circle are watching "like hawks" to see if his fundraising dries up or if potential voters turn on the president after they have time to digest debate footage.

"If it looks like the bottom fell out or even close to that, there will be different conversations," Bash said. "That was told to me by people very close to this process. They admitted it, which is why you saw an effort, a war room like I have never seen in Biden land."

The "State of the Union" co-host also struggled to contain her laughter after the Biden campaign shared polling data that showed Biden leading other Democrats in an election match-up against former President Donald Trump.

"Can you imagine a world in which the political operation is scrambling so much, I would even say desperate to stop everybody from freaking out that you're putting out internal polling on other people to show 'oh yeah? You think it's bad with our guy? Look, what it's going to be with the other people,'" she said.

Biden's campaign staff were on damage control this weekend, working to shore up support among a top donor class deeply shaken by the president's performance at last week's debate.

Biden himself attempted to spin the performance during a fundraiser in New Jersey on Saturday, arguing that more undecided voters were swayed to his side during the debate than Trump's.

The president reportedly acknowledged that his performance at the debate left much to be desired, but he argued that polling was on his side.

I actually watched this exchange on CNN this morning. It was quite interesting and quite eye opening.

I realize that many on this Forum don't put much stock in poll numbers and for good reason. But they are the best indicator we have to try to gauge overall mood of the country. Real Clear Politics Poll of Polls which averages various polls have Trump ahead by 2.0% today. What's really telling about this is that on July 1st 2020 Biden was 9.4% and on this day in 2016 Clinton was 4.8% ahead.

The take away here is that Trump has historically over-performed the polls and Biden and the Democrats know this and knew it before the debate. In the discussion this morning on CNN, one of the commentators stated that the Biden administration felt they needed to debate Trump because their polling was showing them a consistent 3.0% behind Trump and they needed some type of bounce.

Trump wanted to debate Biden and did it on terms that were quite favorable to Biden. Trump has very little incentive to debate Biden again. If he chooses to debate Biden again, I have to believe it will be on terms that will not be as favorable to Biden.

As for replacing Biden with someone else, they covered that this morning as well. It is next to impossible to do at this point which any chance of success. First, the party of identity politics can't just throw another white male on the ticket and push Kamala Harris out of the way. Even then the person would have to stand up an entire campaign apparatus which is no small task.

I don't believe Biden has been knocked out of the race yet. But I don't think he could take another blow like last Thursday's debate performance.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh boy. You know this will be as vile and incorrigible as you're imagining it will be. Also incoherent.

https://x.com/nicksortor/status/1807897228733825509

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post