SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 635
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Speaker of The House did a good job. Eye rolls and nodding his head no during the lies.

Posts: 7025 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Watching clips on Trace Gallagher, we are laughing at Mike Johnson's facial expressions. Subtle, but effective IMO. A tough job.

Ulsterman and I posted at the same time.

Posts: 18114 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
i couldn't stand to watch a lot, but he looked like he yelled thru the speech.

Angry old man. Lying his ass off

and I do wonder a lot about what he is given for speeches like this. (what drugs)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ion-address-n2636264

Was this the State of the Union or the Democratic National Convention? President Joe Biden’s speech was marinated in division, rancor, and guff. He picked fights with congressional Republicans who mostly sat idle as this dementia-ridden head of state rattled off a vision of America that doesn’t exist. The address started with a January 6 lecture, where everyone knew this would devolved into an hour of insanity.

Some noted that the address would be grounded in telling Americans they were idiots—we were right. Biden embodied a ‘we know best’ attitude, telling struggling Americans whose wallets get torched when they pay the electric bill or go to the grocery store that their eyes are deceiving them. Joe wants to declare war on gun owners, touted Obamacare, which wasn’t his accomplishment, and outright lied about Republicans wanting to cut Social Security and Medicare—the AARP has pro-Trump ads on this, Joe. They’ve been running since 2016.

On border security, the president remains blind that his reversal of critical Trump executive orders is what caused us to lose operational control. Biden called the stalled border security package conservative because it provided more funds for judges and agents—all of which would have helped ferry people in instead of keeping people out and deporting them, which needs to happen. It also contained a pathway to citizenship for unvetted Afghan refugees and provided legal status to the children on H-1B visas, who lose their deportation protections around age 21. It was also a Ukraine bill, Joe. Of the $117 billion, only around $20 billion was for border security.

Biden did have a lofty goal for prescription drugs and taking on the pharmaceutical companies, including capping drug prices. There was a lengthy government spending list, but Biden repeated the lie that no one making under $400,000 would see their taxes go up. As Katie will cover in the morning, Biden, like Obama, took a swipe at the Supreme Court over abortion, which occupied a healthy portion of his address. Biden knows he can’t lose single, college-educated, and chardonnay-guzzling suburbanite women.

On foreign policy, The president even had the gall to say that the world is safer than it was four years ago, placing a lot of blame on Donald Trump, though he didn’t mention him by name. It was an angry, partisan speech that some observers hit two birds with one stone. It was meant to dissuade any intraparty coup toward possibly replacing Biden at the convention later this year. And it served red meat to the far left faction, which has been drifting away from Biden.

Posts: 19626 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Angry old man. Lying his ass off

and I do wonder a lot about what he is given for speeches like this. (what drugs)

The angry tone really struck me. It was awful.
Yeah, he was so hyped-up, I wonder what he is given...

Dark Brandon's back and "...he lives in an alternative reality."

Having successfully raged, ranted, lied, and yelled through the State of The Union, President Biden can go back to his crypt now.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-state-union-address

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24197 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I didn't bother to subject myself to the bullshit. Porky Pig wrecked on jaegermeister rapping Inagoddadavida is more coherent than anything said last night.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

I can't find my favorite moment, Pete Buttigieg in the gallery, sitting on a stack of phone books (anyone remember phone books?)

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8379 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That wasn't a SOTU. It was fascist head-of-state's version of "Hey! You kids get off my lawn!"

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Short and to the point.

Posts: 13327 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2712 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I did something waaaaaaaaay more important. I watched my Bruins kick the sh*t outta the Maple Leafs. Big Grin Big Grin

Much better time spent than watching that drooling, kid-sniffing, pants-shitting, incoherent IDIOT!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really good analysis of Biden's address from an overseas opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTPhCSKfaRY

Posts: 12785 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Fuck Joe Biden.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31507 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5370 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Where were the Obamas?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8379 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Where were the Obamas?

In Biden's earpiece... Eek

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24197 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/...nversation-netanyahu

Mingling on the House floor after his State of the Union address, Biden spoke with Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., while Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg looked on. Bennet said he had just returned from Jordan and encouraged the president to "keep doing what you're doing on the humanitarian stuff" regarding the Israel-Gaza war.

Biden then appeared to say, adding "don't repeat this" to the group, "I told him, Bibi [Netanyahu,]… you and I are going to have a ‘come to Jesus’ moment." Blinken chuckled at the comment; the term "come to Jesus" tends to refer to a moment where someone has a moment of major realization.

An aide or agent near Biden appeared to warn him there was a camera lingering nearby, and Biden then said, "I’m on a hot mic here. Good. That’s good." He added to Blinken he would talk to him later.

video at link

posted Hide Post
Special Counsel Annihilates Hunter Biden's Motion To Dismiss In Scathing Response

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...idens-motion-dismiss

Last month Hunter Biden's legal team filed a motion to dismiss his tax charges, claiming among other things that his own father's DOJ has "upped the ante" against him in a politically motivated case of "selective and vindictive prosecution" in order to do Donald Trump's bidding.

"This case follows a nearly six-year record of [the Justice Department] changing its charging decisions and upping the ante on Mr. Biden in direct response to political pressure and its own self-interests," Hunter's attorneys wrote in the Feb. 20 filing.

They also wanted "salacious" portions of Biden's personal expenditures to be redacted, claiming they are "meant to depict Mr. Biden as irresponsible, frivolous, and otherwise of questionable character and integrity."

Weiss hits back:

Fast forward nearly three weeks, and Special Counsel David Weiss just annihilated Hunter's entire filing in a scathing response. It's a fun read.

[T]he defendant concocts a conspiracy theory that the prosecution has “upped the ante” to appease politicians who have absolutely nothing to do with the prosecution and are not even members of the current Executive Branch.

"[T]o state an obvious fact that the defendant continues to ignore, former President Trump is not the President of the United States.

The defendant fails to explain how President Biden or the Attorney General, to whom the Special Counsel reports, or the Special Counsel himself, or his team of prosecutors, are acting at the direction of former President Trump or Congressional Republicans, or how this current Executive Branch approved allegedly discriminatory charges against the President’s son at the direction of former President Trump and Congressional Republicans."

Hunter made millions, lied to his accountants, and "chose to commit serious tax crimes"

Under the "factual background" section of the response, Weiss says that Hunter "engaged in a four-year scheme not to pay at least $1.4 million in federal taxes."

Meanwhile, Hunter "willfully failed to pay his 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 taxes, despite having access to funds to pay some or all of these taxes," and "Despite receiving $1.2 million in financial support from a friend to maintain his lifestyle, the defendant did not make payments towards his tax obligations."

Hunter again lied to his accountants in 2020.

"For example, the defendant falsely claimed extensive business travel in 2018 during a period in which he later described his crack cocaine use as “twenty-four hours a day, smoking every fifteen minutes, seven days a week."

The defendant lied to his accountants by claiming as business expenses $43,696 in stays at the Chateau Marmont with his “merry band of crooks, creeps, and outcasts.”

Weiss notes that Hunter "earned millions of dollars in income between years 2016 and 2017," for which he "performed very little actual work for the $7 million in income he was paid during this period."

Hunter "spent nearly $5 million on personal expenses to live an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying his taxes."

Serious Gun Crimes

Weiss then notes that Hunter's crimes "were not limited to tax violations."

"In 2018, he chose to purchase a gun, he chose to lie on background check paperwork by stating he was not addicted to drugs, and he certified that his answers on the paperwork were true, when in fact, he had lied about his addiction."

We also learn that Hunter lied about his legal interactions and negotiations with the DOJ - such as claiming that a plea agreement was approved to handle the gun charge, when in fact it was not.

"The defendant incorrectly claims that DOJ “proposed a non-prosecution agreement for the gun and tax charges, even though DOJ had already determined the charges should not be brought.”

Hunter also claimed that the DOJ "inexplicably demanded" that he plead guilty to felonies with jail time. Not true, according to Weiss:

The rest of the filing, which can be read here, shreds Hunter's various other claims and defenses, while Weiss accuses Hunter's legal team of attempting "to transform a seemingly bland set of plea discussions into a conspiracy theory.

https://storage.courtlistener....cacd.907806.37.0.pdf

In closing, Weiss asks that Hunter's motion to dismiss be "denied in its entirety."

Also check out this link that chronicles Hunter's numerous crimes revealed on his infamous laptop:

https://bidenreport.com/#p=1

Posts: 12785 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2024/03/08/...-come-to-jesus-talk/

----------------------------------------

Biden blames ‘eavesdropping’ media after Netanyahu needs ‘come to Jesus’ moment hot-mic snafu

WASHINGTON — President Biden was caught saying on a hot mic Thursday evening that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu needed a “come to Jesus” talk about the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip.

The president, 81, made the awkward comment about the Jewish state’s head of government while mingling with lawmakers following his State of the Union address — asking Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) to keep what he said confidential.

“I told him, ‘Bibi’ — and don’t repeat this, but [I said] ‘You and I are going to have a come to Jesus—’,” Biden began as an aide rushed over to stop him from saying more, exclaiming “Sir!” and whispering in his ear.

“I’m on a hot mic here,” Biden said out loud after the aide conveyed his message, adding sarcastically, “Good. That was good.”

Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg stood nearby, and it was unclear whether they overheard the remark.

The exchange with Bennet followed other candid comments in the aftermath of the speech, such as Biden quipping to Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) after he extolled the president’s remarks as evidence of his mental fitness, “I kinda wish sometimes I was cognitively impaired.”

When asked about the comment on Friday, Biden tried to plead ignorance, telling reporters as he left the White House for a campaign trip to Philadelphia, “I didn’t say that in the speech.”

After a reporter clarified that they were asking about the comment made “after the speech,” the president groused, “You guys eavesdropping on things.”

Biden gave early support for Netanyahu’s invasion of Gaza, but he has been repeatedly heckled as “Genocide Joe” during public remarks and dogged by protest votes in Democratic primary contests.

Biden has been increasingly critical of Netanyahu’s management of the Israeli invasion of the Gaza Strip to drive out Hamas terrorists responsible for the Oct. 7 surprise attack that killed about 1,200 people, including dozens of Americans.

In the State of the Union, Biden announced plans for the US military to build a temporary humanitarian pier in Gaza and publicly warned Israeli forces that more assistance needed to get into the Palestinian enclave.

“Israel has a right to go after Hamas,” the president said, adding that the jihadist group could end the fighting by releasing its hostages, “laying down arms, and surrendering those responsible for October 7.”

However, Biden also claimed Israel must bear an “added burden because Hamas hides and operates among the civilian population like cowards — under hospitals, daycare centers, and all the like.

“Israel also has a fundamental responsibility, though, to protect innocent civilians in Gaza … Israel must allow more aid into Gaza and ensure humanitarian workers aren’t caught in the crossfire,” the president added.

Addressing Netanyahu and the rest of the Israeli leadership from the House rostrum, Biden intoned: “Humanitarian assistance cannot be a secondary consideration or a bargaining chip. Protecting and saving innocent lives has to be a priority.”

On Friday, when asked if Netanyahu needed to do more to allow aid into Gaza, Biden affirmed: “Yes, he does.”

Supporters of the Israeli war effort have insisted that the country’s military has allowed ample aid into the territory, and any shortages have resulted from theft by Hamas while Palestinians civilians are left to fend for themselves.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Biden quipping to Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) after he extolled the president’s remarks as evidence of his mental fitness, “I kinda wish sometimes I was cognitively impaired.”

Instead of being cognitively impaired ALL THE TIME.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31507 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post