SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 666
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can take this for what it's worth to you. I want the ticket to remain Biden/Harris, but the country has been tormented long enough by the brainless bimbo Harris. It would be in our best interest if the ticket remained Biden/Harris, but at the same time, I am giddy at the idea of Harris being kicked to the curb and listening to her nonsense excuses about why she's no longer wanted.

The Dems know that if Biden is re-elected, it's almost certain he will not serve another full term, and that means a President Harris, and nobody wants that.

On the other hand, if it's officially announced at the Democratic National Convention in August that Whitmer is in, this makes it unlikely that Biden will drop out and be replaced, because if that were going to happen, why bother with removing Harris?

If Biden is to drop out, it would most likely be at the convention. Once we're past that point, the die is cast.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoome.../1749854862685110544

Posts: 108327 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I think it is very good for us if Biden attempts to replace Harris with Whitmer. A lot of polling indicates African-Americans are souring on the Biden regime, but black women remain more loyal to the ticket than black men; speculative reasoning being an inclusion of Harris. If Biden attempts to remove Harris I think many Black women will stay home rather than vote for Biden/Whitmer.

Without that voting demographic turning out for Biden, there will be outsized ramifications in swing states. Said another way: I believe any votes gained adding Whitmer would be superseded by voters lost from removing Harris, the ironic cause being the Democratic party's wholehearted embrace of racial politics.

Posts: 2423 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whitmer lies more convincingly than Harris, giggles less, is better spoken and puts on a better public face than Harris. Other than those qualities, no improvement at all.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16239 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I really can't see Biden's handlers letting him drop Harris, but it would be interesting to see what happens if he does.
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Whitmer lies more convincingly than Harris, giggles less, is better spoken and puts on a better public face than Harris.
All of which makes her much more dangerous.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whitmer lies more convincingly than Harris, giggles less, is better spoken and puts on a better public face than Harris. Other than those qualities, no improvement at all.

Whitmer and Harris are in a tie when it comes to sociopathic traits.

Posts: 3201 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
I think it is very good for us if Biden attempts to replace Harris with Whitmer. A lot of polling indicates African-Americans are souring on the Biden regime, but black women remain more loyal to the ticket than black men; speculative reasoning being an inclusion of Harris. If Biden attempts to remove Harris I think many Black women will stay home rather than vote for Biden/Whitmer.

Without that voting demographic turning out for Biden, there will be outsized ramifications in swing states. Said another way: I believe any votes gained adding Whitmer would be superseded by voters lost from removing Harris, the ironic cause being the Democratic party's wholehearted embrace of racial politics.

arabiancowboy: Good analysis.
In his last campaign Trump made an effort to appeal to the black vote, much moreso than Bush, Romney or McCain.
He will do so even more this time. If Biden ditches Kamala I think you're right about black women.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24334 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I really can't see Biden's handlers letting him drop Harris

Yeah, I don't see how they could, it would be admitting that the last three years with her as VP was a complete failure.

In the NY Post link in Loomer's tweet, the author of the Kamala book says this at the end of the article:
quote:
There’s also “no way” that the Biden-Harris ticket can be reshuffled without the president’s campaign “admitting to a huge mistake,” according to Spiering.

“Once you are found unworthy, there is little you can do to change people’s minds,” he writes.

“Mistakes compounded on mistakes only cemented her reputation and there is little room for sympathy when you reach that level of power. There’s plenty of negative chatter behind the scenes, but few dare speak publicly, for fear of being branded a racist or sexist.”

The article is a good read; if the book is true, there is a lot bad shit going on behind the scenes at the WH.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16875 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Harris has cataloged some things of her own that she has witnessed behind the scenes. If they kick her to the curb she could be one nasty bitch and could do a lot of damage to Joe publicly. Go ahead, skin that smoke wagon and see what happens! Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8562 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Kamala was never Biden's choice really, was it?

I honestly think there is not a thing this guy does that isn't directed in some way. There's a reason why The Krimson Kenyan is the first modern day POTUS to not make a beeline out of Washington DC the second the Inauguration ended.

Posts: 34165 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I'm sure Harris has cataloged some things of her own that she has witnessed behind the scenes. If they kick her to the curb she could be one nasty bitch and could do a lot of damage to Joe publicly. Go ahead, skin that smoke wagon and see what happens! Smile

Most likely, the party money machine will buy her off if they want her out.

She'll announce she doesn't want to run again for personal reasons, family, health, new opportunity, whatever fits. She will move on to whatever high paid, D party position outside that gives her millions over the next 10 years, even if she never ever does anything but write a book for which they will buy every copy and pay her big money, maybe even star on the Obama channel.

Posts: 23811 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Pedos gonna pedo....

Posts: 2177 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108327 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That.The.HELL!!?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6269 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Professor Potato? Good Grief these people are messed up.

Posts: 3491 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting timing with Queen Gretchen the 1st and Prof. Tater. Just as rumors of her being VP circulate, she wants free Community College tuition for HS students. Shows she is in lock step with Biden, who wants to erase student loan debt and her wanting free college.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16239 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRo.../1749921415120220168

Posts: 12874 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:

Whitmer and Harris are in a tie when it comes to sociopathic traits.

If it’s up to Joe, it is going to come down to whichever one smells better.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11045 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same could be said of Nikki Haley...
Why wouldn't they?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24334 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Not sure if getting rid of Harris is a good thing or not, BUT I can say when it comes to Whitmer be very careful what you wish for.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1709 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34165 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post