SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 710
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

There are many who formerly self-identified as progressive, Democrat, or liberal who then were attacked by those they supported. The armed St. Louis couple who defended their home is one example.

Why do you believe that? As far as I know, the McCloskeys were Republicans and actually supported Trump in 2016.

Hmm, maybe I got them confused with another homeowner who had a sign supporting BLM or some such but then a mob descended on them.

Bret and his wife though are a classic example. They still consider themselves liberal and were proud Democrats, but after being mugged by the woke they now sound like mainstream DJT supporters in terms of policies.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

As far as I know, the McCloskeys were Republicans and actually supported Trump in 2016.

I don't think so. IIRC he made some noise about running for office as the drama played out but I don't think anything came of that. St. Louisans could prove me wrong but I think the McCloskeys were dems.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as I know, the McCloskeys were Republicans and actually supported Trump in 2016.

The McCloskeys are Republicans. I'm on the State Committee and hung out with them a bit at the Missouri State Lincoln Days.
Mark did run for Senate but Eric Schmitt was by far the better candidate.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks, chellim 1. I think some local coverage at the time assumed that Mark was a dem because of his profession. Never a surprise when the media does a half assed job.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm a huge Trump fan ( well I guess I am Big Grin ) but damn we need him in a big way. He freaking gets the China threat.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I am preaching to the choir but this seemed somewhat pertinent:

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI tipped off Biden team, Secret Service about plan to interview Hunter, agent tells Congress

https://justthenews.com/accoun..._campaign=newsletter

A recently retired FBI agent told Congress behind closed doors Monday that the bureau tipped off Joe Biden's team and the Secret Service in fall 2020 about a plan to interview Hunter Biden in his criminal tax probe, corroborating allegations from two IRS whistleblowers, Just the News has confirmed.

The FBI agent, who worked alongside the IRS whistleblowers on the Hunter Biden case when he was assigned to the Baltimore field office, gave his account in a transcribed interview before the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, providing fresh evidence of alleged political interference in the treatment of Joe Biden's son.

He corroborated several aspects of the account IRS whistleblower Gary Shapley and a second agent gave Congress last month, including that law enforcement's plan to conduct a surprise interview in early December 2020 with Hunter Biden about alleged tax crimes was foiled by the tipoff.

The agent, whose name wasn't immediately made public, said the bureau told both Joe Biden's transition office and the Secret Service, creating a tipoff that thwarted the planned interview.

In his testimony to the House Ways and Means Committee back in May, Shapley described how the tipoff around Dec. 8, 2020, was a major set back for the investigation, and one of several instances in which political favoritism and interference occurred.

"I was informed that FBI headquarters had notified Secret Service headquarters and the transition team about the planned actions the following day," Shapley testified.

You can read Shapley's complete interview with lawmakers here.

File
Whistleblower 1 Transcript_Redacted.pdf

He said the alert afforded Hunter Biden and his team "an opportunity to obstruct" the investigation.

Shapley and his IRS colleague are slated to testify in public for the first time as early as Wednesday before House Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer's panel, and officials told Just the News they hope to release a transcript of the FBI agent's corroborating testimony in the next few days.

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s no small matter that so many whistleblowers are coming forward. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. The criminal and dishonest Biden Administration couldn’t be more obvious.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BIDEN’S NEW INCOME-DRIVEN REPAYMENT (“SAVE”) PLAN: BUDGETARY COST ESTIMATE UPDATE

https://budgetmodel.wharton.up...ayment-budget-update

Summary: PWBM estimates that President Biden’s new Income-Driven Repayment Plan (the “SAVE” plan) will cost $475 billion over the 10-year budget window. This estimate includes the Supreme Court’s decision to invalidate President Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan and the Department of Education’s final regulations announced on July 10, 2023.

Key Points

The Department of Education recently announced final regulations on the proposed Income-Driven Repayment Plan called “SAVE.” These final regulations follow the Supreme Court’s recent decision to invalidate President Biden’s previous Student Loan Forgiveness Plan. We estimate SAVE will incur a net cost of $475 billion over the 10-year budget window.

About $200 billion of that cost will come from payment reduction for the $1.64 trillion in loans already outstanding in 2023. We estimate that about 53 percent of the current loan volume will move to SAVE after it goes active in July 2024, implying that about $869 billion will be subject to enhanced subsidies under SAVE.

The remainder of the budget cost, or about $275 billion, comes from reduced payments for about $1.03 trillion in new loans that we estimate will be extended over the next 10 years. We estimate a take-up rate for future loans of 70 percent, implying that about $645 billion in future loans will be subsidized. About 6.57 percent of future borrowers (or 4.98 percent of total predicted loan volume) will never have to make any payments under SAVE.

more at link

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Good Lord, this thing with the scumbag druggie son just keeps getting better and better:

quote:

DOJ Let Hunter Biden Call To Give FBI, IRS Interviews -- So He Never Did

Zero Hedge
Tuesday, Jul 18, 2023 - 01:45 PM

In December of 2020, federal investigators were allegedly told they weren't allowed to approach Hunter Biden for an interview. Instead, they were told Hunter - the subject of their investigation - would call them.

He never did.

The First crackhead-elect simply ghosted the FBI and moved on. No pre-dawn raid with CNN planted nearby for the photo-op. No indictments.

On Monday, the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability conducted a transcribed interview with a former FBI supervisory agent who was working out of the agency's Wilmington office on the Biden criminal investigation. The FBI whistleblower confirmed key prortions of the IRS whistleblowers' testimony - including an allegation that both the Biden transition team and the Secret Service were tipped off about the planned Hunter Biden interview, American Greatness reports.

"As part of the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, there were multiple witness interviews planned for December 8, 2020. IRS Supervisory Special Agent Gary Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent were assigned to interview Hunter Biden," the Committee said in a Monday evening statement.

On December 7, 2020, Shapley and the FBI whistleblower say they learned that FBI headquarters notified Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team about the planned Hunter interview.

"This was not the original plan by the career agents, which frustrated their investigative efforts because people found out who didn’t need to know," said the House Oversight Committee.

The next day, December 8, 2020, Shapley and the FBI whistleblower were told not to approach Hunter Biden’s house to do the interview. Instead, the investigators were told to wait near his residence until Hunter Biden contacted them, according to the Oversight Committee.

The Justice Department’s preferential treatment of Hunter Biden stands in stark contrast to the much harsher treatment multiple subjects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation received, such as Trump’s short-lived National Security advisor Michael Flynn, who was ambushed at the White House in the early days of the Trump administration.

The former FBI special agent told committee investigators “he had never been told to wait outside to be contacted by the subject of an investigation.” -American Greatness

At the end of the day, Shapley and the FBI whistleblower were never able to interview Hunter.

Following the interview, House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer issued the following statement:

"Today, a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation confirmed key portions of the IRS whistleblower’s testimony. The night before the interview of Hunter Biden, both Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team were tipped off about the planned interview. On the day of the Hunter Biden interview, federal agents were told to stand by and could not approach Hunter Biden—they had to wait for his call. As a result of the change in plans, IRS and FBI criminal investigators never got to interview Hunter Biden as part of the investigation.

"The Justice Department’s efforts to cover up for the Bidens reveals a two-tiered system of justice that sickens the American people. The Oversight Committee, along with the Judiciary Committee and Ways and Means Committee, will continue to seek the answers, transparency, and accountability that the American people demand and deserve."

Link

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27611 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
^Does he have a tablet/teleprompter on his lap that he's reading from, or is it just his nap time? Either way, the guy is pathetic.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks like he was mumbling from the script. Supposed leader of the free world. What a goddamn embarrassment.

Q

Posts: 27611 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Can you just imagine what other world leaders must think after meeting & talking to this idiot in person?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^Yep. $$$$$$ They are thinking they can get on the US taxpayer gravy train.

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Who didn't see this coming, they've made them a highly protected class now:

Biden DoD Lets Transgender Service Members Skip Deployments, Receive Indefinite Physical Fitness Waivers: Confidential Memo

2 separate classes of soldiers isn't gonna cut it. One will despise the other which kills morale. Not hard to see why retention and recruitment numbers are down. It would take one helluva restructuring and overhaul to get our military back to where it needs to be, starting at the Pentagon and top leadership (officer and enlisted) for each branch. At this point, I'd say it would take at least 3 decades to correct the problem, possibly longer.

Posts: 2860 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The true irony of all of this, is that if Trump had even hinted at doing anything that has been described or shown in video in this thread it would have been an immediate public tar & feathering followed by impeachment(again) proceedings along with massive protests in the streets, screaming, lamenting, burning of urban stores.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16206 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post