SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 710
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
IRS whistleblowers will testify on alleged Biden influence peddling next week

Both worked extensively on the Hunter Biden case for years and have stated that they repeatedly attempted to address their concerns about the case internally, but that their warnings went unheeded.

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Apair of IRS whistleblowers will appear before the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability next week to detail allegations of alleged influence peddling by the Biden family.

Whistleblower Gary Shapley and an unnamed subordinate previously testified to the House Ways and Means Committee that Biden-appointed officials had improperly interfered in the investigation of first son Hunter Biden to prevent the bringing of more serious charges against him and to delay the case until after election season.

Both worked extensively on the Hunter Biden case for years and have stated that they repeatedly attempted to address their concerns about the case internally, but that their warnings went unheeded.

The Oversight Committee announced their testimony on Wednesday, which is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. EST on July 19. Chairman James Comer has led the panel in investigating numerous alleged corruption allegations involving the Biden family as part of a broader GOP inquiry into the first family's dealings.

The unnamed subordinate will participate in the livestreamed event, signaling that the individual will publicly come forward in short order.

"Since taking the gavel in January, the Committee on Oversight and Accountability has made rapid progress in our investigation into the Biden family’s domestic and international business dealings to determine whether these activities compromise U.S. national security and President Biden’s ability to lead with impartiality," Comer said in a statement. "From the thousands of financial records we’ve obtained, we know the Biden family set up over a 20 shell companies, engaged in intentionally complicated financial transactions with foreign adversaries, and made a concerted effort to hide the payments and avoid scrutiny."

Comer further pointed to their prior testimony about the Hunter Biden case and suggested their testimony substantiated the idea of a "two-tiered system of justice that seemingly allows the Biden family to operate above the law."

"This hearing is an opportunity for the American people to hear directly from these credible and brave whistleblowers," he said. "I look forward to their testimony as the Oversight Committee, along with the House Judiciary Committee and Ways and Means Committee, work to deliver transparency and accountability."

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Doesn’t bother Wray even a little bit. He’s 100% bureaucrat.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9472 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
If specific people at DoJ, IRS, FBI, etc intentionally let the statute of limitations run out, are they potentially subject to prosecution of some sort? If they intentionally slow-walked or stone-walled an investigation are they likewise subject to criminal prosecution?

In a way this makes them some sort of accomplice after the fact to the underlying crimes, yes?

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So now they’re having this decrepit old fool take the short steps up to AF1 and he STILL manages to stumble, SMDH:

Here we go again! Joe Biden, 80, takes yet another stumble as he climbs stairs of Air Force One in Helsinki on the way home from Europe trip

What’s next? The AF1 chairlift?

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite Supreme Court ruling, Biden unveils $39 billion in new student loan debt forgiveness

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

Just weeks removed from a Supreme Court ruling that declared its student loan forgiveness program unconstitutional, the Biden administration on Friday announced new relief for students that will cancel $39 billion in debt for more than 804,000 past students.

“For far too long, borrowers fell through the cracks of a broken system that failed to keep accurate track of their progress towards forgiveness,” Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said in a statement. “By fixing past administrative failures, we are ensuring everyone gets the forgiveness they deserve.”

Cardona said the new program is justified by adjusting payment schedules in student loan programs to recognize some qualifying payments “should have moved borrowers closer to forgiveness were not accounted for.”

The justices voted 6-3 last month to strike down Biden’s plan to forgive up to $20,000 in debt for 43 million student loan borrowers, concluding the president did not have the legal authority to do so without legislation from Congress.

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So now they’re having this decrepit old fool take the short steps up to AF1 and he STILL manages to stumble, SMDH: ...

So there's the hitch followed by his usual giddyup to prove uh, something. Smile It looks like he's faced with more steps once inside, the mind boggles.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Maybe saw a big ice cream cone?

You know like in the old cartoons where someone would look like a delicious roast chicken to the bad guy all of a sudden?

Poor little girl is like “Get the EFF away from me you disgusting old man!” Frown

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That child looks absolutely terrified.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
He's spent more time with this baby than he has with his grandchild from Hunter.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The old fool is losing his filter.

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Despite Supreme Court ruling, Biden unveils $39 billion in new student loan debt forgiveness
Well, the ruling only said he couldn't order it all by himself, not that it can't be done at all, so …

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
That child looks absolutely terrified.

If I were a parent, I'd be terrified of Sloppy Joe coming toward my kid.

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Something I haven’t seen discussed in these reports about various disturbing events is why people put themselves in the position of becoming subjected to whatever they find objectionable. I usually oppose blaming victims for being victimized—but only to a certain limit.

Do most people find anything odd about the behaviors of some of those who put on shows in recent public events? Is it at all surprising that behaviors evolve and grow more extreme when they’re not only tolerated, but encouraged? Now I’m thinking of the reports that naked men engaged in simulated(?) sex acts in public before their audiences. If someone is shocked and offended by that, what did they think about everything that transpired before things got to that point? Did they truly believe it would be a good idea to take children to such an event even if they didn’t anticipate how far things would go?

A more obvious example is the actions of a powerful public figure toward females, including young girls. It’s more obvious because there have been many demonstrations of that behavior in the past and the information is readily available through public sources. Why adult woman attend such events can perhaps be understood for a variety of political reasons or for the simple gratification of associating with the movers and shakers, but taking one’s children and offering them up as appealing targets?

I’m reminded of something I read years ago about the fate of some of the officers who were associated with the plot to kill Hitler in July 1944. Some historians have described in gruesome detail what happened to them, evidently to further emphasize (as if that were necessary) how evil the Nazi regime was, and almost to engender sympathy or at least respect for those who were courageous enough to try to eliminate the source of that evil. When I was stationed in Germany I once saw a reference to one of the plotters that included the word “Opfer,” meaning “sacrifice” or “victim.”

One author, however, pointed out that those men ended up hanging from butchers’ meat hooks for one fundamental reason: their original support for the man whom they only belatedly recognized was leading their nation to its doom. Had they and countless others not supported Hitler in the first place, to include helping to wage aggressive wars resulting in the deaths of millions, things would not have gotten to the point that they felt compelled to try to eliminate him.

There is, of course, a vast difference between supporting an evil, murderous dictator and attending a political event at which the greatest danger is unwanted touching, but there is one fundamental similarity: participants’ willing support of such men is what makes such incidents possible.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnJioj7IdlU

Hunter Biden's Cocaine Blues [JOHNNY CASH PARODY]

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
kamala harris

"When we invest in clean energy and electric vehicles and reduce population, more of our children can breathe clean air and drink clean water. "

video at:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1679992907510558720

WH is saying she meant to say "pollution"

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
WH is saying she meant to say "pollution"

She is presumably college-educated and was fairly articulate in the primary debates, yet continually comes up with these imbecilic remarks, accompanied by that Wicked Witch of the West cackling. This is difficult to understand and goes to show you that intelligence and education don't always add up to wisdom or even common sense.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Just because you're educated, doesn't mean you're smart...And as evidence suggests, I wouldn't presume intelligence to be her strong suit, or even part of her toolbox!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Something I haven’t seen discussed in these reports about various disturbing events is why people put themselves in the position of becoming subjected to whatever they find objectionable.

There is, of course, a vast difference between supporting an evil, murderous dictator and attending a political event at which the greatest danger is unwanted touching, but there is one fundamental similarity: participants’ willing support of such men is what makes such incidents possible.

There are many who formerly self-identified as progressive, Democrat, or liberal who then were attacked by those they supported. The armed St. Louis couple who defended their home is one example. Dr. Bret Weinstein and his wife were literally run off campus under threat of violence when he opposed racial segregation. He merely asked what evidence there was that the college was actively racist.

About 8 years ago my son was in college and said, "The danger is not in being a conservative on campus. The danger is not being liberal enough".

It just seems to be a failing of human nature to not understand that people push everything to the extreme limit. Perhaps we expect the world to suddenly become static when we like a particular person. Perhaps we expect balancing forces to keep the guy we like from going too far.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

There are many who formerly self-identified as progressive, Democrat, or liberal who then were attacked by those they supported. The armed St. Louis couple who defended their home is one example.

Why do you believe that? As far as I know, the McCloskeys were Republicans and actually supported Trump in 2016.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post