SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 629
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This story's not making too much news.

quote:
A federal judge in Texas on Thursday night struck down President Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness plan, calling it one of the most egregious executive overreaches in presidential history.

U.S. District Judge Mark Pittman made the decision in a case brought by two Americans and supported by the small business group Job Creators Network.

"Whether the Program constitutes good public policy is not the role of this Court to determine. Still, no one can plausibly deny that it is either one of the largest delegations of legislative power to the executive branch, or one of the largest exercises of legislative power without congressional authority in the history of the United States," Pittman wrote.

Pittman wrote Biden's plan violated the separation of powers in the Constitution.

"In this country, we are not ruled by an all-powerful executive with a pen and a phone. Instead, we are ruled by a Constitution that provides for three distinct and independent branches of government," he wrote.

A link that doesn't have paywall.
https://justthenews.com/govern...ampaign=social_icons

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Clearly the proper ruling.

But I don't think Biden much cares at this point. It served its purpose in bribing young people to support democrats prior to the midterms.

Face it, you young idiots. Biden played you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Did the Gary Busey on them, and we saved $400 Billion.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^ Clearly the proper ruling.

I dig the implications for the future - there are limits to what can be done with a pen and a phone.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love the leftist outrage about this. Perfect. How confused and entitled are these people? Every loan I've had, I've paid back. The one loan I've yet to pay back entirely is my mortgage, and I'm working on it.

These leftists are outraged that people who applied to borrow money and received it now have to actually pay it back (as they agreed to), and they don't have a clue or a care about further draining the coffers of the treasury. A half trillion dollars?? Fuck you. Go to work and amortize your debt, just like everyone else. You are nothing special.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107613 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They got what they needed out of the Gen Z kids and now that the mid term elections are over they’ll drop this until they need them again in 2024.

Suckers

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see Joepedo is doing a bang up job representing the US in “Colombia” this weekend. Never a word from the MSM about this decrepit POS’s constant embarrassments, but they were all over DJT if he couldn’t pronounce a foreign official’s name precisely.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...sean-summit-cambodia

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“Bread and Circuses”.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/0...s-plan-to-spend.html

After student loan forgiveness, 73% of borrowers plan to spend more on travel and dining out.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2700 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Joe Biden and Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, North America’s one-two punch of Marxism, were filmed happily flouncing around the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit in matching Mao starter kit jackets.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-p...mao-jackets-n1645623

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Those two commies should just stay the fuck in China.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These people

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Aaaaand Joe has decided to give Indonesia $20 billion of our money to help wean the country off coal. I realise that a billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used to, but $20 billion may be enough to fix a bridge or two here in the US.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-indonesia-away-coal

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Biden and Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau,

The only difference between what Justine is wearing and what a Stalin-era apparatchik would wear is a hat, a belt, and insignia of rank. That bugger must have one warped fantasy life - and seeing him in fancy dress should probably make people nervous, because you'll never know when he's trying to live out some weirdo fantasy.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^

Those two commies should just stay the fuck in China.

Speaking of two commies, apparently Castro Jr got yelled at by Xi for talking to the press about their conversations:

Toe-curling footage has emerged of Chinese President Xi Jinping humiliating Justin Trudeau with a dressing down on the sidelines of the G20 conference.

posted Hide Post
Well, Xi is the boss, he's gotta let the junior commies know who's in charge.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Speaking of two commies, apparently Castro Jr got yelled at by Xi for talking to the press about their conversations:

Toe-curling footage has emerged of Chinese President Xi Jinping humiliating Justin Trudeau with a dressing down on the sidelines of the G20 conference.

I want more of this, especially with Biden. I want people to see the kind of fuck heads they're electing kissing ass to China.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19669 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, perhaps next time, we'll get to see Castro's boy tongue Xi's little round brown.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-global-warming.html

Joe Biden says the US will sign-up to a UN-backed fund to pay reparations to developing countries worst-affected by climate change.

The creation of the fund was announced Saturday. It was negotiated at the United Nations' COP27 Summit in Egypt, was originally known as a 'loss and damage' fund and had been blocked by previous American administrations.

The nations who'll benefit from the funds are largely from Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and the South Pacific. They say they're set to be worst-affected by rising sea levels and other weather extremes blamed on carbon emissions created by wealthier countries.

Last year, Biden was granted $1 billion to help developing countries tackle climate change, although it's unclear if that cash will go into this fund.

China - the world's biggest polluter - wouldn't have to contribute to any global fund, because it is still considered a developing nation, despite its vast wealth.