SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Exactly how many bullets can fit in a cartridge??? Roll Eyes

Posts: 724 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
One. But the potato can't count that high.

God bless America.

Posts: 13883 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Why doesn’t he mount a program to hunt for actual criminals in his precious democRAT controlled strongholds? You know, where most of the actual gun violence occurs? That’s right- it’s not about curbing violence, it’s about gaining control over the group they’re really afraid of- law abiding gun owners who number in the millions and strongly disagree with your shitty policies.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From Netanyahu's new book. Talking w john Kerry

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Too bad we can't have a President like Bibi. Israel is under constant threat by the Arab world can can't afford to elect the kind of worthless politicians we always end up with.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hunter Biden selling paintings again.

https://hotair.com/karen-towns...nus-of-haiku-n516919

He debuted his latest artwork at the Georges Bergès Gallery in New York City on Thursday night. His paintings sell for up to $225,000.

“I don’t paint from emotion or feeling, which I think are both very ephemeral,” Biden told Artnet last summer. “For me, painting is much more about kind of trying to bring forth what is, I think, the universal truth…the universal truth is that everything is connected and that there’s something that goes far beyond what is our five senses and that connects us all.”

not clear how much meth Hunter was on when he figured that out

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how many paintings Putin has to buy for his side of the deal.

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hilarious. Crazy, ornery old bastard.

'You think I don't know how f***ing old I am?' Joe Biden, 80, 'vents to allies about how he's fed up with fixation on his age' - as Democrats speculate if he will run for president in 2024

President Joe Biden has reportedly resorted to expletives when he became frustrated at the discourse around his age

Biden, who turned 80 in November, would be 82 years old if he wins and takes office in 2025.

He is already the oldest man ever elected president

Though he was prone to gaffes long before he became president, he has given some reason for concern as he occupies the Oval Office

Biden has apparently gotten sick of the discourse, as Politico reported that he once vented to aides: 'You think I don’t know how f**king old I am?'

The only person to announce they are running for 2024 is former President Donald Trump, currently 76

President Joe Biden has reportedly resorted to expletives when he became frustrated at the discourse around his age, as Democrats continue to speculate if he can run for re-election in 2024.

Biden, who turned 80 in November, would be 82 years old if he wins and takes office in 2025. He is already the oldest man ever elected president of the United States.

Though he was prone to gaffes long before he became president, he has given some reason for concern as he occupies the Oval Office.

Some of the more worrisome mistakes have included Biden repeating that his son Beau, who died of cancer, perished while serving in Iraq; forgetting a Congresswoman he shouted out in a speech had already died; awkwardly shaking French President Emmanuel Macron's hand for 42 seconds; peering creepily at a pair of girls through a Nantucket shop window; and falling during one of his regular bike rides.

Biden has apparently gotten sick of the discourse, as Politico reported that he once vented to aides: 'You think I don’t know how f**king old I am?'

They claim that Biden has frequently 'vented to allies about how often his age is mentioned in the press.'

Rep. Mike Levin of California vouched for Biden, saying: 'I just hope and pray that when I am in my 80s I still have that kind of energy.'

The only person to announce they are running for 2024 is former President Donald Trump, currently 76, who became the oldest president in American history when he was elected in 2016.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ed-fixation-age.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Haha that article reads like ole slow Joe hisself wrote it Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
To be fair, the first couple of lines were actually bullet points.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
To be fair, the first couple of lines were actually bullet points.

Waiting for this administration to propose a limit on bullet points.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4804 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker had a great monologue last night centered around the numerous problems we have in the country - and Bidet holds a drag show. Bread and circuses.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...eal-problems-ignored

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep.
For those who want to watch it here:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ That monologue just makes me fear for this country even more. I pray the Republicans in office develop a backbone and put a stop to this administration.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5796 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Try he moral degradation of America isn’t just continuing, it’s attaching itself to an exponential engine and picking up speed logarithmically. These people are sick and half the country is in lockstep with them, destroying their own country. It’s sheer madness.

posted Hide Post
This is just sad. Dementia in action.

President Biden claimed Friday that his uncle Frank Biden won the Purple Heart for his actions during the Battle of the Bulge in World War II — but there’s no evidence of the award and key details of the story are chronologically impossible.

The 80-year-old commander-in-chief has a habit of sharing false or embellished personal anecdotes to build a connection with his audiences and told his latest apparent tall tale during largely unscripted remarks to veterans in Delaware.

“My dad, when I got elected vice president [in 2008], he said, ‘Joey, Uncle Frank fought in the Battle of the Bulge.’ He was not feeling very well now — not because of the Battle of the Bulge, but he said, ‘and he won the Purple Heart and he never received it. He never got it. Do you think you could help him get it? We will surprise him,'” the president recalled.

“So I got him the Purple Heart. He had won it in the Battle of the Bulge. And I remember he came over the house and I came out and [my father] said, ‘Present it to him, okay?’ We had the family there,” Biden went on.

President Biden speaks in New Castle, Del. on Friday, Dec. 16, 2022.
President Biden said Friday that his uncle Frank Biden won the Purple Heart.
AFP via Getty Images
“I said, ‘Uncle Frank, you’ve won this and I wanted to —’ and he said, ‘I don’t want the damn thing.’ No, I’m serious, he said, ‘I don’t want it.’ I said, ‘What’s the matter, Uncle Frank? You earned it.’ He said, ‘Yeah, but the others died. The others died. I lived. I don’t want it.'”

Biden told the story apparently to make a point about the humility of veterans, but the known facts indicate it’s not true.

Biden’s father, Joseph R. Biden Sr., died in September 2002 — more than six years before his son was elected vice president. Frank Biden, Joe Sr.’s brother, died in 1999.

President Biden speaks in New Castle, Del. on Friday, Dec. 16, 2022.
Biden spoke extemporaneously during his Friday remarks in Delaware.
AFP via Getty Images
The White House did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment. The Defense Department referred questions to the Army — the military branch in which Frank Biden served — but the Army did not immediately respond.

Frank Biden’s tombstone does not identify him as a Purple Heart honoree, nor does his obituary. A partial registry of known Purple Heart recipients also doesn’t note anyone by that name receiving the award, though that database is not comprehensive.

The Post’s librarians could not locate prior references to Frank Biden receiving the Purple Heart, which recognizes wounded and killed soldiers, in the Nexis archive and the Factba.se repository of Joe Biden’s public statements also doesn’t contain prior references.

The grave of Biden's uncle Frank at Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Frank Biden died in 1999, making President Biden’s story factually impossible.
NCA U.S. Department of Veterans
The tale involving Biden’s uncle is similar to another emotionally impactful but false story told by then-presidential candidate Joe Biden in 2019 — this one involving a Navy captain supposedly refusing to accept a Silver Star for his heroism in Afghanistan. A Washington Post fact check from the time said Biden “jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion, and regret that never happened.”

Biden made other dubious remarks Friday, including telling veterans that “twice as president” he had been “in and out of Afghanistan and Iraq and those areas” — despite never visiting Afghanistan and Iraq as president and getting no closer than the Palestinian city of Bethlehem, almost 300 miles from the Iraqi border.

Biden is the oldest-ever US president and his mental acuity frequently is a matter of public debate — particularly after he asked “Where’s Jackie?” as he searched for the late Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-Ind.) in September, despite publicly mourning her death and even calling her family to offer his condolences in August. Multiple times this year, Biden has incorrectly said that his son Beau Biden died in Iraq.

Frank Biden served in the US Army during World War II and died in 1999.
There’s no record of Frank Biden receiving the Purple Heart.
But Biden also has a decades-long habit of stretching the truth and ended his first presidential campaign in 1987 due to a scandal involving plagiarism of speeches and a law school paper.

Then-Senator Biden infamously borrowed British politician Neil Kinnock’s family history — with Biden changing geographic details to falsely claim in speeches that “my ancestors … worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours.” Unlike Kinnock, who had used the line to describe his own family in Wales, Biden’s ancestors did not mine coal.

Biden also falsely claimed in 1987 that he “graduated with three degrees from college,” was named “the outstanding student in the political science department,” “went to law school on a full academic scholarship — the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship” and ”ended up in the top half” of his class. None of those claims were true.

Frank Biden's obituary.
Frank Biden’s obituary did not identify him as a Purple Heart recipient.
After serving in the Army during WWII, Frank Biden worked as as car salesman in Wilmington, Delaware.

Advertisement
Since becoming president, Biden has shared a number of false or embellished stories in an apparent attempt to connect with his audiences.

In October, Biden dubiously claimed that “I was sort of raised in the Puerto Rican community at home, politically” while visiting the US territory, despite the fact that there was only an extremely small Puerto Rican community in Delaware when he launched his career.

At a fire-safety event the same month, Biden said firefighters nearly died extinguishing a blaze in his kitchen in 2004, prompting the local fire department to describe the fire as relatively “insignificant” for trained professionals.

Biden admitted in September to visiting South African President Cyril Ramaphosa that “I wasn’t arrested” trying to visit Nelson Mandela during the Apartheid era, despite saying so at least three times in 2020. But Biden proceeded to say that “I got stopped, prevented from moving” during a congressional trip to the small country Lesotho near South Africa — despite a fellow traveler, former Rep. Don Bonker (D-Wash.), telling the Washington Post in 2020 that he had “no recollection at all” of that version of the story either.

link: https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/...story-doesnt-add-up/

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve said this before- imagine if Trump had “misspoke” (a fancy word for lying) a fraction of the number of times that asshole Biden has; the lying, disingenuous, biased media would have been all over him. The MSM sickens me beyond all ability to ever take anything they say as trustworthy.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How "progressive" of you, Joe.

"I may be Irish, but I'm not stupid. I married Dominic Giacoppa’s daughter so, you know, I got a little Italian in me now."

Joe reveals his true nature, a real mid-20th Century man.
quote:
Daily Signal senior reporter Mary Margaret Olohan quipped that Biden’s dig at Irish folks was a "hate crime." 
Damn, Mary Margaret. Get a grip. Roll Eyes

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently young Mary was not around when the Irish really caught hell for who they were. Everybody made fun of them. I think Joe is a Renaissance man as in 1600s.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding Bidet's uncle's "Purple Heart" story, there's no level to which that lying POS won't stoop. He steals valor outright, like saying that he had an appointment to Annapolis. Or, he does it by proxy by using relatives that didn't even earn the medals he claims they did, like Beau and uncle Frank. We have never had a so-called CinC in charge of the military who outright lies about his "military" (or relative's) record to the extent he does. LBJ comes close with his Silver Star in WWII for "coolness" (from citation) while riding on the back of an aircraft that turned around before even meeting Japanese forces, but at least he was ostensibly somewhat close, being in the Navy and in the theater.

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post