SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Thanks, JOE!

Biden Brags About Shutting Down Massachusetts Coal Energy Plant After Massachusetts Energy Company Announces 64% Increase in Electricity Rates

During a speech today, Joe Biden bragged about the example of his visit to a Massachusetts coal-fired plant that was forced to close due to regulation. However, what Biden didn’t mention was the energy provider telling customers to expect a 64% increase in electricity rates effective November 1st.

BIDEN: …”I was just — and so we can accommodate that transition. I was in Massachusetts about a month ago on the site of the largest old coal plant in America. Guess what? It cost them too much money. They can’t count. No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it, even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of their existence of the plant. So it’s going to become a wind generation.

And all they’re doing is — it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money, and they’re using the same transmission line that transmitted the coal-fired electric on. We’re going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar.”…

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I hope the next time he trips on AF1 steps it’s going down, not up.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Quite a pathetic turnout for the Obama-Biden rally in Philadelphia last night. They apparently tried to hide how empty the arena was by dropping a large curtain and draping large flags over the empty sections.

https://twitter.com/presidentb...ame-turnout-video%2F

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Thanks, JOE!

Biden Brags About Shutting Down Massachusetts Coal Energy Plant After Massachusetts Energy Company Announces 64% Increase in Electricity Rates

During a speech today, Joe Biden bragged about the example of his visit to a Massachusetts coal-fired plant that was forced to close due to regulation. However, what Biden didn’t mention was the energy provider telling customers to expect a 64% increase in electricity rates effective November 1st.

BIDEN: …”I was just — and so we can accommodate that transition. I was in Massachusetts about a month ago on the site of the largest old coal plant in America. Guess what? It cost them too much money. They can’t count. No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it, even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of their existence of the plant. So it’s going to become a wind generation.

And all they’re doing is — it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money, and they’re using the same transmission line that transmitted the coal-fired electric on. We’re going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar.”…

Unless he was President in 2017 he’s off his meds or just plain lying, maybe both.

https://apnews.com/article/tec...f09a487f51023c798f0a

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Joe Manchin wants an apology from Brandon to coal miners for his comments. GFY, Manchin, you voted for Brandon’s climate bill in August.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-he-learn-lesson.amp

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, wtf is this?

Some pretty good belly laughs in this article.

Desperate Democrats put Meghan Markle as top choice for 2024 White House run against Trump

There has been ongoing speculation that the former Suits actress could be eyeing up a move into the political arena.

Meghan Markle is the top choice among Democrats for a 2024 White House run, new polling shows. Exclusive polling for Express.co.uk by the Washington-based Democracy Institute of likely Democratic voters found 64 percent say the party should opt for a female candidate at the next presidential election in two years.

And the Duchess of Sussex, who is living in California with Prince Harry after quitting royal duties, came first in a list of potential runners with 27 percent from the 525 Democrats in the poll of 1,500 likely voters.

Vice President Kamala Harris was second with 25 percent.

Hillary Clinton - who lost to Donald Trump in 2016 - and left-wing Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez were in joint third with 20 percent.

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren, a favourite of the liberal left who made a bid to be the Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, trailed behind on eight percent.

Michelle Obama, the wife of former US President Barack Obama, has previously ruled herself out despite being a favourite.

Democracy Institute director Patrick Basham said: "We have confirmed that most Democrats want a female and arguably demand a female candidate next time.

"It has been said for a few years that the Democrats will pretty soon be in a position where the national Democratic party stops nominating white heterosexual males as candidates.

"Previously we have had Michelle Obama in there, she is not a serious candidate because she does not appear to be serious about running.

"The elephant in the room on the Democratic side is Meghan Markle, who continues to make moves out there and I would argue test the water in various ways and in various senses.

"She finds herself partly because of her paint by numbers profile ahead.

"As a newcomer she hasn't been tested and hasn't been found to fail.

"She remains a viable contender if she chooses to go down that path."

It comes as the monthly tracker poll carried out from November 1-3 suggests the Republicans will beat the Democrats in the races for the Senate and Congress in the upcoming US midterms.

The polling also found former US President Mr Trump was backed over incumbent Joe Biden.

On who they would vote for if the 2024 presidential election is between Mr Trump and Mr Biden, some 49 percent said the Republican compared to 45 percent who chose the Democrat. Six percent were undecided.

Earlier this week, Mr Trump - who has refused to accept the result of the 2020 ballot - dropped his strongest hint yet that he may run again.

He told crowds of supporters at a rally in Iowa that he would "very, very, very probably do it again" in 2024.

Meanwhile, speculation is high that former actress Meghan - who previously branded Mr Trump "divisive" and "misogynistic" - could one day make a bid for US President.

Mr Biden's sister Valerie Biden Owens earlier this year invited the LA-born Duchess to join the Democrats.

Ms Biden Owens, the campaign manager for her brother, added that the ex-Suits star would make a “good presidential candidate”.

https://www.express.co.uk/news...icans-joe-biden-dxus

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The elephant in the room on the Democratic side is Meghan Markle, who continues to make moves out there and I would argue test the water in various ways and in various senses.
Elephant in the room, making moves, testing the waters. Got it.

It doesn't even qualify as nonsense.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even more amazing than Markle is the 25% who though Harris is a viable candidate! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The democRATS way of thinking makes me think we are closer and closer to an idiocracy every day. I get that they hate Trump… that they hate us… but to think Markle, or Whorris, or even Clinton are viable candidates for all their ignorance, stupidity, or outright criminal background. Insanity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...rk-no-more-drilling/

Biden told a climate activist on Sunday he would not allow any new drilling in the United States,

just days after he complained that oil companies are not drilling enough.

“We haven’t slowed them down at all. They should be drilling more than they’re doing now,” he said at a rally in New Mexico. “If they were drilling more, we’d have more relief at the pump.”

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Quite a pathetic turnout for the Obama-Biden rally in Philadelphia last night. They apparently tried to hide how empty the arena was by dropping a large curtain and draping large flags over the empty sections.

That’s pretty sad that they can’t even turn out the faithful with their Messiah Obama in one of the deepest blue cities in the entire USA. The enthusiasm and momentum is definitely on our side this year.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I guess even SNL has figured-out the tide is turning. A five-minute roast of Crazy Uncle Joe and the Democrat Party: https://twitter.com/bennyjohns...0MenSj59l45YLl4qry6w

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
It must be getting really, really, bad for the Democrats and Biden.
How bad you ask?
Even CNN is fact checking him and finally stating the obvious. He's a liar. An inept liar. A mentally diminished liar. They could only whitewash this so much and probably want to be able to point to this after election day to claim some sort of credibility.
Most amazingly, one item even (sort of) makes Trump look good.

President Joe Biden has been back on the campaign trail, traveling in October and early November to deliver his pitch for electing Democrats in the midterm elections on Tuesday.

Biden’s pitch has included claims that are false, misleading or lacking important context. (As always, we take no position on the accuracy of his subjective arguments.) Here is a fact-check look at nine of his recent statements.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment for this article.
Social Security, part 1

Biden said at a Democratic fundraiser in Pennsylvania last week: “On our watch, for the first time in 10 years, seniors are going to get the biggest increase in their Social Security checks they’ve gotten.” He has also touted the 2023 increase in Social Security payments at other recent events.

But Biden’s boasts leave out such critical context that they are highly misleading. He hasn’t explained that the increase in Social Security payments for 2023, 8.7%, is unusually big simply because the inflation rate has been unusually big. A law passed in the 1970s says that Social Security payments must be increased by the same percentage that a certain measure of inflation has increased. It’s called a cost-of-living adjustment.

The White House deleted a Tuesday tweet that delivered an especially triumphant version of Biden’s boast, and press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre acknowledged Wednesday that the tweet was lacking “context.” You can read a more detailed fact check here.
Social Security, part 2

Biden said at a Democratic rally in Florida on Tuesday: “And on my watch, for the first time in 10 years, seniors are getting an increase in their Social Security checks.”

The claim that the 2023 increase to Social Security payments is the first in 10 years is false. In reality, there has been a cost-of-living increase every year from 2017 onward. There was also an increase every year from 2012 through 2015 before the payment level was kept flat in 2016 because of a lack of inflation.

The context around this Biden remark in Florida suggests he might have botched his repeat campaign line about Social Security payments increasing at the same time as Medicare premiums are declining. Regardless of his intentions, though, he was wrong.
A new corporate tax

Biden repeatedly suggested in speeches in October and early November that a new law he signed in August, the Inflation Reduction Act, will stop the practice of successful corporations paying no federal corporate income tax. Biden made the claim explicitly in a tweet last week: “Let me give you the facts. In 2020, 55 corporations made $40 billion. And they paid zero in federal taxes. My Inflation Reduction Act puts an end to this.”

But “puts an end to this” is an exaggeration. The Inflation Reduction Act will reduce the number of companies on the list of non-payers, but the law will not eliminate the list entirely.

That’s because the law’s new 15% alternative corporate minimum tax, on the “book income” companies report to investors, only applies to companies with at least $1 billion in average annual income. (There are lots of nuances; you can read more specifics here.) According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, the think tank that in 2021 published the list of 55 large and profitable companies that avoided paying any federal income tax in their previous fiscal year, only 14 of these 55 companies reported having US pre-tax income of at least $1 billion in that year.

In other words, there will clearly still be some large and profitable corporations paying no federal income tax even after the minimum tax takes effect in 2023. The exact number is not yet known.

Matthew Gardner, a senior fellow at the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, said in a Thursday email that the new tax is “an important step forward from the status quo” and that it will raise substantial revenue, but he also said: “I wouldn’t want to assert that the minimum tax will end the phenomenon of zero-tax profitable corporations. A more accurate phrasing would be to say that the minimum tax will *help* ensure that *the most profitable* corporations pay at least some federal income tax.”
The debt and the deficit

Biden said at the Tuesday rally in Florida: “Look, you know, you can hear it from Republicans, ‘My God, that big-spending Democrat Biden. Man, he’s taken us in debt.’ Well, guess what? I reduced the federal deficit this year by $1 trillion $400 billion. One trillion 400 billion dollars. The most in all American history. No one has ever reduced the debt that much. We cut the federal debt in half.”

Biden offered a similar narrative at a Thursday rally in New Mexico, this time saying, “We cut the federal debt in half. A fact.”

There are two significant problems here.

First: Biden conflated the debt and the deficit, which are two different things. It’s not true that Biden has “cut the federal debt in half”; the federal debt (total borrowing plus interest owed) has continued to rise under Biden, exceeding $31 trillion for the first time this October. Rather, it’s the federal deficit – the annual difference between spending and revenue – that was cut in half between fiscal 2021 and fiscal 2022.

Second, it’s highly questionable how much credit Biden deserves for even the reduction in the deficit. Biden doesn’t mention that the primary reason the deficit plummeted in fiscal years 2021 and 2022 was that it had skyrocketed to a record high in 2020 because of emergency pandemic relief spending. It then fell as expected as the spending expired as planned.

Dan White, senior director of economic research at Moody’s Analytics – an economics firm whose assessments Biden has repeatedly cited during his presidency – told CNN’s Matt Egan in October: “On net, the policies of the administration have increased the deficit, not reduced it.” The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, an advocacy group, says the administration’s own actions have significantly worsened the deficit picture. (David Kelly, chief global strategist at JPMorgan Funds, told Egan that the Biden administration does deserve credit for the economic recovery that has boosted tax revenues.)
The unemployment rate

Biden said at the Florida rally on Tuesday: “Unemployment is down from 6.5 to 3.5%, the lowest in 50 years.” He said at the New Mexico rally on Thursday: “Unemployment rate is 3.5% – the lowest it’s been in 50 years.”

But Biden didn’t acknowledge that September’s 3.5% unemployment rate was actually a tie for the lowest in 50 years – a tie, specifically, with three months of Trump’s administration, in late 2019 and early 2020. Since Biden uses these campaign speeches to favorably compare his own record to Trump’s record, that omission is significant.

The unemployment rate rose to 3.7% in October; that number was revealed on Friday, after these Biden comments. The rate was 6.4% in January 2021, the month Biden took office.
Biden’s student debt policy

During an on-camera discussion conducted by progressive organization NowThis News and published online in late October, Biden told young activists that they “probably are aware, I just signed a law” on student debt forgiveness that is being challenged by Republicans. He added: “It’s passed. I got it passed by a vote or two, and it’s in effect.”

Biden’s claims are false.

He created his student debt forgiveness initiative through executive action, not through legislation, so he didn’t sign a law and didn’t get it passed by any margin. Since Republicans opposed to the initiative, including those challenging the initiative in court, have called it unlawful precisely because it wasn’t passed by Congress, the distinction between a law and an executive action is a highly pertinent fact here.

A White House official told CNN that Biden was referring to the Inflation Reduction Act, the law narrowly passed by the Senate in August; the official said the Inflation Reduction Act created “room for other crucial programs” by bringing down the deficit. But Biden certainly did not make it clear that he was talking about anything other than the student debt initiative.
Gas prices

Biden correctly noted on various occasions in October that gas prices have declined substantially since their June 2022 peak – though, as always, it’s important to note that presidents have a limited impact on gas prices. But in an economic speech in New York last week, Biden said, “Today, the most common price of gas in America is $3.39 – down from over $5 when I took office.”

Biden’s claim that the most common gas price when he took office was more than $5 is not even close to accurate. The most common price for a gallon of regular gas on the day he was inaugurated, January 20, 2021, was $2.39, according to data provided to CNN by Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. In other words, Biden made it sound like gas prices had fallen significantly during his presidency when they had actually increased significantly.

In other recent remarks, Biden has discussed the state of gas prices in relation to the summer peak of more than $5 per gallon, not in relation to when he took office. Regardless, the comment last week was the second this fall in which Biden inaccurately described the price of gas – both times in a way that made it sound more impressive.

You can read a longer fact check here.
Biden and Xi

Biden has revived a claim that was debunked more than 20 months ago by The Washington Post and then CNN. At least twice in October, he boasted that he traveled 17,000 miles with Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

“I’ve spent more time with Xi Jinping of China than any world leader has, when I was Vice President all the way through to now. Over 78 hours with him alone. Eight – nine of those hours on the phone and the others in person, traveling 17,000 miles with him around the world, in China and the United States,” he told a Democratic gathering in Oregon in mid-October.

Biden made the number even bigger during a speech on student debt in New Mexico on Thursday, saying, “I traveled 17-, 18,000 miles with him.”

The claim is false. Biden has not traveled anywhere close to 17,000 miles with Xi, though they have indeed spent lots of time together. Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler noted in 2021 that the two men often did not even travel parallel routes to their gatherings, let alone physically travel together. The only apparent way to get Biden’s mileage past 17,000, Kessler found, is to add the length of his flight journeys between Washington and Beijing, during which, obviously, Xi was not with him.

A White House official told CNN in early 2021 that Biden was adding up his “total travel back and forth” for meetings with Xi. But that is very different than traveling “with” Xi as Biden keeps saying, especially in the context of a boast about how well he knows Xi – and Biden has had more than enough time to make his language more precise.
The Trump tax cuts

Biden claimed at the Thursday rally in New Mexico that under Trump, Republicans passed a $2 trillion tax cut that “affected only the top 1% of the American public.”

Biden correctly said in various October remarks that the Trump tax cut law was particularly beneficial to the wealthy, but he went too far here. It’s not true that the Trump policy “only” affected the top 1%.

The Tax Policy Center think tank found in early 2018 that Trump’s law “will reduce individual income taxes on average for all income groups and in all states.” The think tank estimated that “between 60 and 76 percent of taxpayers in every state will receive a tax cut.” And in April 2019, tax-preparation company H&R Block said two-thirds of its returning customers had indeed paid less in tax that year than they did the year prior, The New York Times reported in an article headlined “Face It: You (Probably) Got a Tax Cut.”

The Tax Policy Center did find in early 2018 that people at the top would get by far the biggest benefits from Trump’s law. Specifically, the think tank found that the top 1% of earners would get an average 3.4% increase in after-tax 2018 income – versus an average 1.6% income increase for people in the middle quintile, an average 1.2% income increase for people in the quintile below that and just an average 0.4% income increase for people in the lowest quintile. The think tank also found that the top 1% of earners would get more than 20% of the income benefits from the law, a bigger share than the bottom 60% of earners combined.

The distribution could get even more skewed after 2025, when the law’s individual tax cuts will expire if not extended by Congress and the president. If there is no extension – and, therefore, the law’s permanent corporate tax cut remains in place without the individual tax cuts – the Tax Policy Center has estimated that, in 2027, the top 1% will get 83% of the benefits from the law.

But that’s a possibility about the future. Biden claimed, in the past tense, that the law “affected” only the top 1%. That’s inaccurate.

This wasn’t the first time Biden overstated his point about the Trump tax cuts. The Washington Post fact-checked him in 2019, for example, when he claimed “all of it” went to the ultra-rich and corporations.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/05...erms-2022/index.html

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
It must be getting really, really, bad for the Democrats and Biden.
How bad you ask?
Even CNN is fact checking him and finally stating the obvious.
As always, their motives are purely self-serving. President Two Scoop's days in office are numbered. The left wants him out of the way, so now, after all this time, oh, they see what's happening. Yeah, that's some hard-hitting journalism there, especially the parts which simply repeat what others have already reported. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Agreed. There was nothing there that wasn't already obvious to any remotely objective person but even that's a big change for them.

After years of being complete shills for the left, they are now trying to regain some small amount of credibility (and lost market share) by disguising themselves as actual journalists.

They did this also because it's risk free, they are just attempting to get ahead of whats to come in a few days so they can preach to the delusional left, "I told you so" and claim to be the way forward and the voice of reason.

The sad part for the country is that we still have two years and two months before the executive office can be reclaimed by someone any better. The truth is that if they decide to somehow maneuver him aside, they have no one even remotely qualified to do that job, even to their low standards of competence or elect-ability in two years. Even with a free choice, I don't see anyone on the horizon in their party. And there's actually that silly constitutional thing Smile , the line of succession, that doesn't give them a free choice.
We all better fasten our seat belts for the ride.

Just in case anyone needs a reminder, here's the list so fill in the officeholders from this politically correct diverse bunch of losers and see if anyone at all, gives you the warm and fuzzies for President.
https://www.voanews.com/a/us-p...cession/4674320.html

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Do you think she ever gets tired of having to spin, cover and lie for him? It must be absolutely exhausting unless you're a complete sociopath yourself:

Press sec says Biden's 'words were twisted' when he said he wanted to shut down coal plants

quote:

During a White House press briefing on Monday, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was asked about Joe Biden's remarks on Friday where he promised to shut down coal plants across the country and she said it was "a bit loud and hard to hear."

"We just wanted to be very clear on that," Jean-Pierre said in reference to the president's remarks, adding, "it was a bit loud and hard to hear." She said she didn't "want to get into punditry from here" but that the White House believes that the president said "words we believe were twisted."

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Markle in the run?
Another Californian.
Markle already has attention from Pelosi and Schumer, with an open lobbyist letter for paid leave for parents ... an attempt to influence the Build Back Better ...

The start of the left's desired 'royalty'?

There's a constitutional amendment, that was never passed, yet it remains on the table, for 200 years, and relates to preventing Napolean's nephew, from seeking the CiC role.

Th Titles of Nobility Amendment. 1810.

" ... any­one who 'accepts, claims, receives or retains a title of nobil­ity bestowed by a for­eign power' is prevented from holding federal office."

Time to have that conversation again?
Not sure how it would go this time around either, given. the majority held in Congress and Senate.

Anyway, speculation ...

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watch out, Two Scoops thinks he's got a mandate now and made a speech and taking questions. UGH Roll Eyes

The thought of this brain-dead old man and a brain-damaged younger man like Fetterman being in charge makes me want to retch.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I don't blame you, but if he thinks he's got a mandate then he's three quarters of the way to committing the Dems' favorite mistake: overreach that feeds votes to Repubs in '24.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post