SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 709
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, that depends - how hard is it for corporations to avoid accommodating that one red state, and exactly how many red states are we talkin' here?

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Gun control announcement tomorrow:

President Biden will announce new executive action on gun control on Thursday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki indicated.

Psaki, during her press briefing Wednesday, declined to go into details on what the action would entail but said the president would have "more to say" tomorrow.

Earlier Wednesday, Politico first reported that an executive order is coming – after three recent mass shootings in Boulder, Colorado, Atlanta, Georgia, and Orange, California.

Sources told the outlet Biden would begin the process of requiring those who buy "ghost guns," firearms that lack serial numbers since they’re sold in pieces and put together at home, to undergo background checks. Biden is expected to be joined at the event by Attorney General Merrick Garland.

It’s not clear what other action will be announced. Last week 100 House Democrats wrote to Biden urging him to take action on concealed assault-style rifles.

Biden has called for a ban on "assault weapons" and high-capacity magazines, which would likely take an act of Congress. He could, however, use regulatory authority to restrict access to such guns.

"I got that done as a senator. It brought down mass shootings, we can do it again," Biden said last month. "We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again."

"I think that President Biden will try to get away with as much as he can with executive orders," Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation, told Fox News, adding that his organization is "very prepared to go to court" if Biden oversteps.

"What we’re expecting him to do is anything with foreign commerce – if the firearm is being imported in or magazine or ammo is being imported in – he could by executive order try to do something in that nature," Gottlieb continued.

Gottlieb said Biden could use the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to tighten regulations. Biden has yet to nominate a director for the ATF.

The Biden administration has also pushed for legislative action, calling on the Senate to pass two bills that recently made their way through the House.

The bills expand federal gun background checks on all firearms sales and extend the background check review period from three days to a minimum of 10 business days. One bill would close the "Charleston loophole," in which a gun sale is allowed to proceed if the background check is not completed in three days.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-actions-gun-control

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
after three recent mass shootings in Boulder, Colorado, Atlanta, Georgia, and Orange, California.

It's odd that these "mass shootings" always occur in liberal gun control states.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7156 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden is an idiot who is going to executive order a bunch of crap that wont do a damn thing and they know it. It will be a direct attack on our liberties. God I miss Donald Trump.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Well, this should minimize coverage of the border chaos, Covid fear-mongering, dishonestly named stimuli money grabs and identify "gun control" opponents so as to be dragged through the mud so win/win for totalitarian bastards. At least for a while...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8555 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The UK Daily Mail calling out Cackling Kamala for hiding after China Joe supposedly put her in charge of this border debacle:

A bakery, a water plant and her LA home: Everywhere Kamala has flown in the 14 days since she was placed in charge of migration crisis (but not, obviously, the border)

quote:

--The Vice President was tasked with addressing the crisis at the border amid a surge in migrant numbers
--In two weeks she has only held one phone call with the Guatemalan President and offered no interviews
--She did not visit the border despite traveling home to California for four days with no public commitments
--More than 170,000 migrants were caught trying to cross the border in March, its highest level in two decades
--Harris is yet to hold an interview or make a trip to see the 'humanitarian crisis' despite her new role

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I didn't think it would be possible for this country to have a worse president than Jimmy Carter. Then Bill Clinton came along. I figured he would be the worst, then Obama was elected twice no less. Biden has already eclipsed all three of those clowns as the worst president by far of my lifetime.

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel

Posts: 1018 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Gun control announcement tomorrow:

Gottlieb said Biden could use the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to tighten regulations. Biden has yet to nominate a director for the ATF.

Good times ahead. Roll Eyes

Biden to nominate gun control advocate as ATF director

Morgan Chalfant

President Biden is expected to nominate David Chipman, an adviser at the gun control group Giffords, to serve as his director of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), a person familiar with the plans confirmed Wednesday.

Chipman spent more than two decades as a special agent working for ATF and currently works as a senior policy adviser for Giffords, a gun control group formed by former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who survived a 2011 mass shooting at a shopping center outside Tucson.

The Associated Press and Washington Post first reported on Chipman's expected nomination.

If confirmed, Chipman would be the first permanent director of ATF since 2015. His nomination would be welcomed by gun safety advocates and comes as Biden is preparing a series of executive actions on guns.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...director/ar-BB1fpd5r

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden is a dried up old turd that was left on the sidewalk to long. I for the life of me still can't figure out why some people actually voted for him. I can understand the dead ones and the illegal ones. But some living breathing people thought it was a good idea.

I am curious as to what exactly a "concealed assault-style rifle" is. Do we need a license to conceal carry an assault-style rifle? If I want to conceal carry an FN-FAL, will I have to get another concealed carry license for that? Where would one find a holster for an FN-FAL? Will the bottom of the holster have little wheels on it, or does it just drag on the ground? So many questions.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1132 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
My guess is they mean "pistols" with braces when they talk about "concealed assault weapons".

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
After court recently ruled against ATF action on Bump Stocks, curious how any restrictions on braces will fare. ATF tried barking up that tree before and dropped it pretty quick.

Maybe instead of using these incidents as a reason for more laws, they should put the effort in using these incidents to investigate why the FBI isn’t doin their job. Recent Denver shooter was on FBI radar yet still legally purchased the firearm even amongst all of the Holy Grail gun control measure in place in that area.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11224 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

The International Monetary Fund says it backs U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen's proposal for a global minimum corporate tax.

Yellen recently called on the 20 largest economies to work together to “stop the race to the bottom” by setting a new minimum that would allow governments more stability in collecting tax revenue. The Biden administration is targeting a 21% global minimum tax for U.S. multinational corporations.

If this was any private industry in the US there would be immediate anti-trust hearings. They should call it the “Anti Dog Eat Dog” Rule,” just for fun.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rol-actions-n2587575

The Biden White House has released a preview of President Joe Biden's executive actions on gun control, which he plans to sign Thursday afternoon. The administration is also arguing additional gun control is needed to fight a "public health" crisis and pushing hard for "red flag laws," which often violate civil liberties.

"Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is announcing six initial actions to address the gun violence public health epidemic," the White House released late Wednesday. "This Administration will not wait for Congress to act to take its own steps."

Here are the six actions, from the White House "fact sheet."

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.

The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.

The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.

The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t bring myself to call the man President.
Sorry I didn’t contribute to the thread but I had to get it off my chest.

I’ll go back to reading now.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I can’t bring myself to call the man President.

I refer to him as "President-Alleged." I've been known to correct people with that when they refer too him as "President" Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ex-vice president Biden. His official title.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Not President- Resident Biden. His care givers are just letting him live in the WH until they can get the Hysterical Ho in.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know... I am seriously done with this crap.

Sign your EO's you brain-dead piece of shit.

I WILL NOT COMPLY, PERIOD.

Send your goons to my home and TRY to take my legally purchased property.

We are way past the line for for civil disobedience. Time to push back in a way that they get the message and begin to fear us.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rol-actions-n2587575

The Biden White House has released a preview of President Joe Biden's executive actions on gun control, which he plans to sign Thursday afternoon. The administration is also arguing additional gun control is needed to fight a "public health" crisis and pushing hard for "red flag laws," which often violate civil liberties.

"Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is announcing six initial actions to address the gun violence public health epidemic," the White House released late Wednesday. "This Administration will not wait for Congress to act to take its own steps."

Here are the six actions, from the White House "fact sheet."

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.

The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.

The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.

The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
And with all that the urine soaked relic infesting our White House will accomplish nothing. Gentlemen, recognize this for the huge win it is. Dem's control both houses of Congress and they know even with that, they can't pass any significant gun control bills. As such, they've turned to the drooling retard in the White House to try and do something, anything, to appease their rabid supporters, and look what they've come up with....Nothing. This administration is indeed a disgrace, but they're also a huge joke.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Didn't end up well for the Brit's

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post