SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/karen-towns...w-voting-law-n427158

DOJ sues Texas over new voting law

The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against Texas over the new election law known as SB 1. DOJ seeks to stop two parts of the new law

Merrick Garland and his justice department are taking the side of the Democrats who fled the state rather than do the work of reforming Texas voting law after the 2020 election. Garland’s DOJ objects to the law’s voter id requirements for mail-in ballots and the limits on voter assistance. The lawsuit argues that these requirements violate federal voting and civil rights protections

Democrats just really don’t like voter id requirements. It’s as though they don’t value verification that the person is legally allowed to do so and is who they claim they are to election officials, or something. We know that Democrats would like for nationwide universal mail-in voting to be the way America votes, but Texas isn’t equipped to do that. Election laws are clear, and thanks to the reforms made in the last legislative session, uniform from county to county.

The whole reason election law reform was needed was because of a rogue rookie county clerk who was in charge of election procedures in Harris County (Houston). The young lawyer, a Democrat, decided to make up new voting procedures as he saw fit, such as mailing ballots to every registered voter in the county,. That would have been over two million ballots. Texas has specific requirements for mail-in ballots, which must be requested by voters, not randomly mailed to voters. SB 1 requires signature verification on mail-in ballots, hardly an unreasonable requirement. DOJ objects, though.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
DOJ sues Texas over new voting law
The 'enemy' strikes again. It's crystal clear at this point what this DOJ is focused on accomplishing, and who it serves and protects.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Trust me on this - the Texas Attorney General is every bit as motivated as the DOJ is on this if not more so.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

DOOCY: "Is there discussion about giving people who came here the right way money?"

JEAN-PIERRE: "Why would we be giving people who came here the right way money?"

DOOCY: "Why are you giving people who came here the wrong way money?"

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three important articles to read. The FBI is going after journalists that embarrass the Democrats.

FBI Raids Project Veritas Staffer In Probe Over Biden Daughter's Diary

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...iden-daughters-diary

New York Times, FBI Confirm Legitimacy of Ashley Biden Diary Published by National File

https://nationalfile.com/bombs...-ashley-biden-diary/

Ashley Biden Trends After Her Diary Describing ‘Probably Not Appropriate’ Childhood Showers with Joe Confirmed Legit

https://nationalfile.com/ashle...joe-confirmed-legit/

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Using the Kamala playbook of laughing off questions you don’t want to answer is the Secretary of Energy. I would say I was shocked but the response goes right along with everything else this administration is doing. Laughing off high fuel prices

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that Granholm is still an idiot. She proved that in her two terms as Governor here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8103 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

DOOCY: "Is there discussion about giving people who came here the right way money?"

JEAN-PIERRE: "Why would we be giving people who came here the right way money?"

DOOCY: "Why are you giving people who came here the wrong way money?"

This is an infuriating administration. Thank God for bourbon.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here's Jim Crow Joe talking about chicken and beef prices.

From Sky News Australia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sli2Vn6Iiy4

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now Biden DEFENDS migrant compensation payments he called 'garbage' three days ago: Says families separated at border 'deserve some kind of compensation' but has 'no idea' if it will be as much as $450,000

Biden was speaking at a press conference touting the passage of the $1.2trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill when he was asked about the payments

Biden was forceful in saying he would try to get payments to those families, criticizing former President Donald Trump's border policy.
'You deserve some kind of compensation, no matter what the circumstance,' he said of separated families. 'What that will be, I have no idea'
Last week it was revealed that officials from the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments

The American Civil Liberties Union, which represents the separated families, has identified about 5,500 children separated from parents at the border

The total potential payout could cost $1 billion or more

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...eparated-border.html

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Now Biden DEFENDS migrant compensation payments he called 'garbage' three days ago: Says families separated at border 'deserve some kind of compensation' but has 'no idea' if it will be as much as $450,000.
I just have to wonder what those advocating for Reparations think about this??? HAS to piss them off royally. Just sayin'.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

related to wcb post above

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Remember how many refugees were fleeing Europe during WW II? More than a few children were separated from their parents through the actions of various governments. Many never found their parents. I do not believe they received reparations.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning’s remarks by Bidet were like a greatest hits compilation. He had the creepy whisper, he repeated himself, he talked about how spending trillions will cost nothing, CEOs didn’t build this country, he promised us, he mentioned his dad, good paying union jobs, he yelled, and he said he was going to get in trouble. I was waiting for Beau to be gratuitously mentioned.

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Holy Crap! I went to Publix to pick up a sub sandwich for dinner and found myself standing in the checkout line behind a big Italian guy wearing what must have been a XXXL black "Fuck Joe Biden" t-shirt. I joking asked him why he didn't opt for a "Let's Go Brandon" shirt. He rather bluntly told me he wanted to make sure there was no confusion on his feelings about this president. He also didn't seem overly concerned that anyone standing around us might be offended by his 'opinion' of the Urine-Soaked Relic. I just smiled, nodded, and took it all in. Was really quite funny. I'd say damn near everyone hates Biden at this point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Energy Secretary Confirms Americans Will Pay More to Heat Their Homes

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...MIeJJTeFuvJL7F4SUy1w

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm confirmed Sunday that Americans should expect to pay more to heat their homes this winter than during previous ones.

Responding to a question on CNN about whether consumers will be paying more, Granholm replied in the affirmative.

“Yes,” the former Michigan Democratic governor said. “This is going to happen. It will be more expensive this year than last year. We are in a slightly beneficial position, certainly relative to Europe, because their chokehold of natural gas is significant. They’ll pay five times higher.”

Granholm added that the United States has “the same problem” regarding fuel transportation and supply before attempting to cast blame on oil and gas companies. At the same time, Granholm pushed the Biden administration-backed $1 trillion infrastructure bill that was recently passed in the House and a larger social spending package.

Granholm courted controversy last week after she laughed during an interview with Bloomberg News about boosting U.S. domestic oil production.

“As you know, of course, oil is a global market. It is controlled by a cartel. That cartel is called OPEC, and they made a decision yesterday that they were not going to increase beyond what they were already planning,” she said.

Since taking office in January, President Joe Biden signed executive orders that shut down the Keystone XL pipeline construction, which would be able to transport oil from Alberta, Canada, oilfields to the United States. The administration also placed a freeze on some new drilling sites, prompting a recent lawsuit from the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA) against the mandate.

Biden in October, meanwhile, asked OPEC+—the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies—to pump more oil to cool high energy prices. The Saudi-led alliance, however, rejected Biden’s plea on Nov. 4, deciding to instead stick with its plan for cautious monthly increases.

“Our view is that the global recovery should not be imperiled by a mismatch between supply and demand,” a White House National Security Council statement said last week. “OPEC+ seems unwilling to use the capacity and power it has now at this critical moment of global recovery for countries around the world.”

But Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman told The Associated Press that its member countries were “underscoring their commitment to market stability.”

Republicans have criticized the Biden administration for forcing the United States to rely on OPEC+ to deal with rising gas prices in its attempt to shift to electric vehicles as well as wind and solar power, rather than boosting domestic oil production.