SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
When pondering Biden's White House reasoning, this resonates:

“Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force. Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion in that it leaves behind in human beings at least a sense of unease. Against stupidity we are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of force accomplish anything here; reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. In all this the stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly self satisfied and, being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one. Never again will we try to persuade the stupid person with reasons, for it is senseless and dangerous.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Lutheran Minister, Hitler assassination conspirator

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’d enthusiastically defend myself from this traitorous wench.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Right on. The only thing the good reverend missed IMHO is the sheer, astonishing creativity of stupidity in full flood.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
[R]reasons fall on deaf ears; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed – in such moments the stupid person even becomes critical – and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental.

Thanks for that quotation.
I was pondering all that myself just recently.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny that service members would say something that stupid. Do you have a family? Are they protected on a military installation? Probably not. You are playing a very dangerous game.

Hopefully the moron in the previous video is not representative of our military today.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Funny that service members would say something that stupid. Do you have a family? Are they protected on a military installation? Probably not. You are playing a very dangerous game.

Hopefully the moron in the previous video is not representative of our military today.

Goliath felt invincible too.

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I’m sure there are some E-7’s or above having a come to Jesus chat with this “soldier.”
I know what a few Chiefs and Seniors would be saying if she was a sailor or coastie.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
I’m sure there are some E-7’s or above having a come to Jesus chat with this “soldier.”
I know what a few Chiefs and Seniors would be saying if she was a sailor or coastie.
What would they say?
Their tongues are tied by Top Naval Leadership.
Do you not believe those that would restrict free speech of others would suppress her free speech?
No the same Leadership would be scared to suppress her free speech.

Top leadership at the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) informed active duty and retired service members that they cannot condemn President Joe Biden amid the chaotic — and now deadly — pullout of American troops from Afghanistan.

In an email from the ONI’s Chief of Staff, ONI members were reminded that per a Uniform Code of Military Justice and Department of Defense Directive clause they cannot disrespect senior government leadership. This includes the President, Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, and more.

Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
They would have her shut her yap.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The Military is now led by those that would support her free speech.
While suppressing those that criticize Joe, Austin, & Milley.

Speaking against that young lady would be very detrimental to their careers.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
The Military is now led by those that would support her free speech.
While suppressing those that criticize Joe, Austin, & Milley.
Who cares if little Butchie Brenda is running her jaws? My original comment stands. This broad is KIA within 10 minutes of the first bullets flying. She is nothing for anyone to concern themselves with.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Right there with you, brother Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Right there with you, brother Smile

Cool

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Apparently Sleepy Joe isn’t admired and revered by the GOP.

Calling fir is resignation.

Imagine that.

Why not file articles of impeachment? That would be far more entertaining to watch as there is actual evidence readily available and you don’t need to make things up.

Watching the spineless cowards ignore real impeachable offenses is frustrating.

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who, specifically, in the Republican party is calling for it?

He won't resign, of course.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107572 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Surely Romney the pious, the pearl clutching astonished moral paragon is calling for Biden’s resignation…..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who, specifically, in the Republican party is calling for it?

He won't resign, of course.

Mo Brooks for one.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...te-and-total-fiasco/

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Mo Brooks for one.
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...te-and-total-fiasco/

Well that's a bullfighter lowering his sword and cape and then daring the bull to charge him.

From the linked-to article:
quote:
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) on Friday formally called for President Biden's resignation following the deadly suicide blast in Afghanistan which resulted in the death of 13 U.S. servicemembers, and called for Vice President Kamala Harris to step up if he refuses and "initiate 25th Amendment procedures to remove Joe Biden as President of the United States." [emphasis added - IC]

If she fails to do so, Brooks said Congress should pursue impeachment and investigate whether to do so under Article 2, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution "for the commission of 'treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.'"*

That's breathtaking. First daring them to invoke the 25th Amendment on Biden just like they would've on Trump. Then, as an extension, daring them to make that vicious moron Harris the President. I don't know that we could be any worse off that way, but it sure looks like it's its own special little slice of hell to me. It's probably a good thing that the Dems will never take that bait.

OTOH, it sure is a neat way to point out the precedent that the Dems are building when it comes to the 25th Amendment. If they leave Biden in office, how messed up would a Republican President have to be before the Dems could press for his or her removal from office?

*For the record, the charge of treason would be based on giving America's enemies "aid and comfort" in the form of aiding and abetting in the transfer of advanced American weaponry to the Taliban and other terrorist groups who have proven themselves to be the enemies of the United States.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
https://www.oann.com/calls-for...sign-grow-among-gop/

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 2:02 PM PT – Saturday, August 28, 2021

Large suicide attacks have rocked Kabul and shaken many American’s confidence in leadership. 13 flag draped coffins would be coming home following Thursday’s attacks, which has been the largest loss of life for Americans in Afghanistan in over a decade.

Calls for Biden’s resignation were made by Republicans before Thursday’s attacks for his mishandling of the withdrawal. After the loss of American lives, the calls became more numerous and forceful from the GOP.

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert (R) called on everyone from Biden to Kamala Harris and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to resign.

“America, Joe Biden needs to resign. Kamala and Nancy can follow him out the freaking door,” she asserted. “Too many Americans have sacrificed everything. Too many Americans have died. This failed leadership has to end.”

New York Rep. Lee Zeldin (R) believed the disaster in Afghanistan has proven Biden was not up for the job of being president. He added the top priority should first be getting Americans out of the Middle Eastern nation. Following that, he said Biden needed to go.

“Beyond that, there needs to be a heck of a lot of accountability. I really don’t believe that his president can stay in this position,” he expressed. “I believe that he should resign. Me personally, that’s my opinion, I don’t think he’s up to the job and I believe that the worst is to come.”

The Republicans House Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) didn’t just call on Biden to resign. She declared the blood of the soldiers lost was on his hands and called the humanitarian disaster the result of incompetent leadership. She has remained the highest level Republican lawmaker to demand for Biden’s resignation.

GOP House Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) issued a strong rebuke of the loss of Americans under Biden. He said there would be a day of reckoning for Biden, but stopped short of calling for his resignation or impeachment.

“There will be a day of reckoning. We have a constitutional rights. Right now, in the next five days, everyone’s responsibility should only be focused on getting the Americans out,” he stated. “…When that day passes, we can take up anything that, to hold accountable for the actions that have been taken. The lives that have been given.”

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
College students struggle to find something good to say about their candidate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post