SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
kamala harris, as only she can say it

video at

https://twitter.com/i/status/1651048078290329600

"So I think it’s very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future."

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kim Foxx will not seek reelection in 2024. There is hope.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
kamala harris, as only she can say it

video at

https://twitter.com/i/status/1651048078290329600

"So I think it’s very important, as you have heard from so many incredible leaders for us at every moment in time and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualize it, to understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future."

Unreal. What's even more bewildering is that she seemingly read this off of a teleprompter. Who the hell is writing this shit?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She's still doing this fucking shit, after being laughed at openly. She has access to speechwriters and advisers, and she's still doing this stuff.

She seems to lack any self-awareness and she seems too lazy to put any effort into her job. It must be that her staff is unable or unwilling to assist her. It's no surprise that you can't tell this arrogant bitch anything, but where is her pride? Where is her self-respect?

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Is it possible she's just stoned? It would explain a lot and she has plenty of reasons to zone out. Pretty much serious here.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/david-strom...cles-by-2030-n546499

Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm says she supports requiring the U.S. military to adopt an ALL-electric vehicle fleet by 2030

"Now a lot of people are wondering what exactly she means. Clearly, she can’t be proposing that all our weapons systems be run on electricity or anything crazy like that, can she?

With this level of stupid I can’t rule it out, but let’s assume that she is not. The idea is utterly preposterous. Literally impossible. The US can’t even make artillery shells at the rate they are being consumed by Ukraine, so the idea that we can replace all the equipment that uses fossil fuels with electric propulsion is absurd. "

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/david-strom...cles-by-2030-n546499

Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm says she supports requiring the U.S. military to adopt an ALL-electric vehicle fleet by 2030

"Now a lot of people are wondering what exactly she means. Clearly, she can’t be proposing that all our weapons systems be run on electricity or anything crazy like that, can she?

With this level of stupid I can’t rule it out, but let’s assume that she is not. The idea is utterly preposterous. Literally impossible. The US can’t even make artillery shells at the rate they are being consumed by Ukraine, so the idea that we can replace all the equipment that uses fossil fuels with electric propulsion is absurd. "

We had her for eight years as Governor here. Nothing she says can surprise me.

In her first term she pushed a program called “Cool Cities” in response to the trend of young college graduates leaving Michigan once they graduated. In her mind the problem wasn’t lack of jobs but because cities and towns across the state weren’t cool or hip. So her response was to put lipstick on on a pig so to speak, things like parks, street signs, park benches. Seriously.

So while she was throwing tax money around like a drunken sailor on leave more jobs were leaving the state together with young graduates and rank and file workers.

Her second term which she won handily (says a lot for our voters) was told with her admonishing that if she was re-elected “In five years (meaning at the end of her term limited office) you’ll be blown away” with our utopia here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8106 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Potato Head at it again, pre-screened questions and cheat-sheets at a press conference with South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol.

He had the question, the name of the reporter and her pic, even the pronunciation.
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...stion-written-on-it/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hiring of 87000 IRS agents has been removed from McCarthy'bill.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can you imagine a column of E-Tanks having to stop in the middle of Nowhere Assfuckistan looking for a fast charge station....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

We will fight the Chinese with Chinese batteries sourced from Chinese rare-earth elements.
What could go wrong?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
clown world

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

We will fight the Chinese with Chinese batteries sourced from Chinese rare-earth elements.
What could go wrong?

Last summer, I went to an open house for a DoD org. Part of the open house was a tour of the firehouse. The young E-2 was talking about how a new all electric fire truck was to be delivered soon. The diesel fire truck we were given a tour on was less than 5 years old and in top condition.
I believe it is all a money laundering scheme and we are doing stupid things so the rich can get richer.

Posts: 662 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

What could go wrong?

We are not going to fight the Chinese. They will defeat us before fighting has a chance to determine the winner. That’s my predication anyway, based on watching US generals flail at various GWOT wars while the Chinese bought off our Democratic overlords. Unless something major changes, this thing is already over.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

We are not going to fight the Chinese. They will defeat us before fighting has a chance to determine the winner. That’s my predication anyway, based on watching US generals flail at various GWOT wars while the Chinese bought off our Democratic overlords. Unless something major changes, this thing is already over.

I don’t disagree with the overall sentiment. We are well behind the curve with China, and they are accelerating as we slow down.

China has many parallels with both Japan and Germany in the 1930s, while we don’t resemble the US of that era at all. We don’t have the production capacity, the will, the focus, the patriotism or the individuals in positions of power (government, business, education and religion) that actually love America.

Nothing is forever; empires fall and disappear in the dust. America as we know it could well be around for 500 more years, but far more likely it will struggle to make the next 50.

It didn’t have to be this way.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
As shovelhead already pointed out, we had Granholm for eight LONG years as governor. Her level of stupid is world class!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granholm is an idiot. Think about an electric B-52. And our current gubernatorial idiot (also re-elected) was just named a co-chair for Bidens reelection effort.
Flint has bad water? The water in Lansing has to be much worse!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
clown world

During the last ‘hurricane’ season three of these said clowns on The Weather Channel were talking about how awesome battery-powered back-up generators for homes are because they are so much more environmentally friendly than gas-powered ones, and they were all nodding their heads in gleeful and authoritative zeal.

I could not believe the collectively stupidity and ignorance of this trio!

FUBAR!!

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Granholm is an idiot. Think about an electric B-52. And our current gubernatorial idiot (also re-elected) was just named a co-chair for Bidens reelection effort.
Flint has bad water? The water in Lansing has to be much worse!

One thing about Granholm, number of years ago the legislature had to override her veto of the shall carry law in Michigan. Apparently, she was convinced that Michigan streets would end up being like the wild west. A few years later, still in office, I remember her saying how surprised she was when it didn't happen that way, suggesting that she may have been wrong.

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Daniel Henninger dug up an interesting argument in the op/ed section of today's Wall Street Journal. It's a bit too wordy to be worth reproducing here, IMHO, but the gist is fairly straightforward.

The Dems will stick with Uncah Ho - Biden and Harris both - in the upcoming election NOT because they're so effective or competent, but because they free up the progressives in the US Government's bureaucracy to run riot.

You'll probably recall from other posts here that Biden's gotten in the habit of issuing unConstitutional Executive Orders even though he knows they'll get shot down in court. The idea is that until they get shot down in court, Biden can use the authority and power of the federal government to, for example, get pilots and medical personnel fired unless they comply with a vaccine mandate.

Henninger's theory is that this is a variant on that theme. Biden issues insane Executive Orders and regulations, like tail-pipe emissions magically disappearing by 2027. He knows (or his handlers know) it'll never happen. But in the meantime it serves as authorization for the bureaucracy to both expand its powers and force bizarre 'progressive' requirements down peoples' throats.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post