SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
There's plenty of things to attack Biden with. This ain't one of them.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Care to explain. Let a republican call any African American "boy" and watch cities burn. Why should a democrat get a pass.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh sure, it's alright. After all, Joe is keeping him out of chains, right? Plus, he looks clean, fresh and articulate. Right, Joe?

Posts: 107252 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Care to explain. Let a republican call any African American "boy" and watch cities burn. Why should a democrat get a pass.
Roll Eyes

Do you honestly think he was calling the guy "Boy"? Because I don't.

He was referring to him as a Louisiana boy. Not unlike me having been referred to in the past as a Montana boy, and others being referred to as a choose-your-state/region boy.

I'll give you that a conservative saying the same might raise the hackle feathers of some of the more devout commies out there...until it fizzled out because it's silly.

Looking for outrage behind every rock will drive you insane. Just look at the left for evidence of that.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
You are applying a level of intelligence to Bidet along with critical thinking that he has yet to demonstrate.

Conversely given the facts of his past with Byrd and others, it’s much easier to take his comment in the context which he has lived his life.

He did not use the term ‘boy’ in the benign sense of good old boy.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Democrats must have a concusiion from all the mental facepalming

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that forum members don't have any issue with this from Skynews.com.au:

Mental decline of ‘utterly deplorable and inept’ President Biden ‘can’t be ignored’

Sky News host Rita Panahi says the mental decline of the “utterly deplorable and inept” US President Joe Biden, can no longer be ignored.

Ms Panahi said President Biden’s mental decline can no longer be ignored, “not by the Democrats, not by his handles and not even by his media allies who steadfast refused to cover his cognitive issues during the election campaign”.

“Anyone who has observed Joe Biden in recent years could attest to his cognitive decline, his incoherent rants, his inability to answer the simplest of softball questions”.

“This is a man who has been in public life for decades. He used to be an elegant, authoritative speaker.”

Ms Panahi said President Biden seemed to be “inattentive and fatigued” during recent public events.

“It’s clear that the leader of the free world isn’t even free to decide when to answer questions,” she said.

“How many monumental screwups will Biden oversee before he is impeached.”

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
I'm pretty sure that forum members don't have any issue with this from Skynews.com.au:

Mental decline of ‘utterly deplorable and inept’ President Biden ‘can’t be ignored’

Sky News host Rita Panahi says the mental decline of the “utterly deplorable and inept” US President Joe Biden, can no longer be ignored.

Ms Panahi said President Biden’s mental decline can no longer be ignored, “not by the Democrats, not by his handles and not even by his media allies who steadfast refused to cover his cognitive issues during the election campaign”.

“Anyone who has observed Joe Biden in recent years could attest to his cognitive decline, his incoherent rants, his inability to answer the simplest of softball questions”.

“This is a man who has been in public life for decades. He used to be an elegant, authoritative speaker.”

Ms Panahi said President Biden seemed to be “inattentive and fatigued” during recent public events.

“It’s clear that the leader of the free world isn’t even free to decide when to answer questions,” she said.

“How many monumental screwups will Biden oversee before he is impeached.”

</chris>

While it's nice to see a major news (media?) outlet covering this you can be damned sure that HALF of this country will never hear it.

Those that watch CNN, MSNBC or get their news from FB will never see this or the news about the material or dogs left behind.

Just like during the election where the Big tech and corporate media totally blacked out the news about obiden's cum stain or his connections to china and Ukraine.

We have reached that 1984 moment where history is being erased and the "news"(???) that is reported is only what the global power brokers want reported....true or not...Double good news speak!.

Half the nation has no idea and many don't want to know.

Those that call themselves "reporters" (there are exceptions) have shown that they truly are as Trump labeled them ...the enemy of the people.

If we had a real press core obiden would have never been elected.

The question I have now is will they start their planned (and yes, it was planned) campaign to move obiden aside for VP kneepads now that almost every smells the dirty depnds in the room or will they wait as I believe was the plan until after mid-terms.

The big problem is the progresives are honestly surprised that no likes VP kneepads and this complicates things for them.

They need to either get rid of obiden now ...or before the mid-term election cycle starts or wait until after mid-terms. They will have to decide who is more damaging to their power play Uncle touchy fingers or the laughing hyena.

Stay tuned....it could be a very interesting Q3 and Q4

Just my $.02

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Let a republican call any African American "boy" and watch cities burn.

How many times have we seen someone attacked because he used the wrong word in referring to someone? Using the word—regardless of the intent—is all that matters. I just finished a recent history about the U.S. military effort to retake Corregidor and Bataan in the Philippines from the Japanese army in WW II. The book contained quotations by some of the soldiers involved in the effort, and the author felt it necessary to apologize for their use of a term that was shortened version of their enemies’ nationality. That term was in common use in all levels of U.S. society at the time, but is considered “racially” insensitive today. The Americans were in a deadly fight against a fanatical foe that had committed horrible atrocities against the U.S. and Philippine soldiers and civilians when they invaded a few years before, but it’s important that no one be offended by insensitive speech in describing the battles today(!).

It’s noble of us to point out that the intent matters more than an innocent word, but the fact is that if a Republican had used it—regardless of intent—there would have been a massive outcry at the very least. The lack of any reaction when that man used it is simply one more stark demonstration of his supporters’ hypocrisy.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Some of y’all can say what you want, but if I said “boy” to anyone I was arresting, I’d have been fired. It’s obvious some of y’all aren’t from the south.

It is a completely racist term when applying it to blacks. No way around it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Has Cedric taken issue with it or is he just happy to be in his comfy well paid position and will accept any treatment given to him. If Cedric is not offended or insulted than it's really moot and will gain no traction.

Cedric really missed his 15 minutes. He could have, should have been outraged and blew up Twitter and FaceBook calling out Joe for the racists he is. He should have pounded his fists, stamped his feet and frothed at the mouth with indignation and refused to be silenced. Would have been really fun to see how big tech and the media dealt with it.

But Cedric seems fine with it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

...I just finished a recent history about the U.S. military effort to retake Corregidor and Bataan in the Philippines from the Japanese army in WW II. The book contained quotations by some of the soldiers involved in the effort, and the author felt it necessary to apologize for their use of a term that was shortened version of their enemies’ nationality. That term was in common use in all levels of U.S. society at the time, but is considered “racially” insensitive today...

Slight thread drift. The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has issued a trigger warning for words found in their documents:

NARA’s Statement on Potentially Harmful Content

The Catalog and web pages of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) provide access to many millions of descriptions and digital copies of the permanent records of the United States federal government.

The Catalog and web pages contain some content that may be harmful or difficult to view. NARA’s records span the history of the United States, and it is our charge to preserve and make available these historical records. As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions. In addition, some of the materials may relate to violent or graphic events and are preserved for their historical significance.

The National Archives is committed to working with staff, communities, and peer institutions to assess and update descriptions that are harmful and to establish standards and policies to prevent future harmful language in staff-generated descriptions...

More details:

https://www.archives.gov/resea...tion/harmful-content

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Everyone is being lied to.
Clear and distinct, it’s as simple as that.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the old song goes:

Liar, liar, your pants on fire
Your nose is longer than a telephone wire...

(sorry guys, my attempts to embed a YT on this song from Debby Harry have failed...nothing against The Castaways though)

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sounds Like a good place for a SF lunch meet...

Link

DeBary restaurant owner says she doesn't want business from Biden supporters

DeBary restaurant owner says she doesn't want business from Biden supporters
The DeBary Diner is turning heads with a sign posted on the front door. If you're a support of President Joe Biden, you may not feel too welcomed.

DEBARY, Fla. - The DeBary Diner is turning heads with a sign posted on the front door.

It reads, "If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere."

"It was the only thing I felt like I could do," said the restaurant’s owner, Angie Ugarte.

Ugarte says she posted the message the same day 13 service members were killed in Afghanistan.

"I was just angry. I was just let down. I felt like one of those mothers, or wives, or sisters who were gonna get that knock on the door," she explained.

Ugarte, who’s been running the Debary Diner for about five years, says a lot of her regular customers are vets. She has an entire wall in the diner dedicated to members of the military. She blames President Joe Biden’s administration for the recent deaths in the Middle East.

If you really, really still stand behind what’s allowed this to happen and the way it happened – which was unnecessary then I really don’t want to be associated with you in any way and I certainly don’t want your business," she told FOX 35 News.

So what do the customers think?

"I’ve had people come to the door and look at it and turn around and walk away. And I’ve had people come into the kitchen while I’m cooking and say, ‘Hey, I love your sign,’" Ugarte said.

People we asked have mixed feelings too.

"I wouldn’t go there. I don’t appreciate it," resident Louis Vasquez.

She has the right to not let anybody in the restaurant that supports a certain view," said Serenity Smith.

So how long will the sign be up? Ugarte says as long as it takes - pointing out that there are still Americans stranded in Afghanistan.

This story is developing, check for updates.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:

While I get her drift, I disagree with this sentence. From what I have seen of him for nearly 50 years, the guy has always been a backward ignoramus. It is just becoming apparent to more folks as the light is being cast on him. And there will be more of the same stupidity coming from his office. It is such irony that a left wing media is forced to come to grips with the fact that they are responsible for putting this dolt in a position of power.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Well, Bidet and his administration are calling the withdrawal a stunning success

I guess its a success if you are looking at it from the perspective if the Taliban

who's side is he on anyway? Its really hard to tell

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post