SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out !
Page 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 708
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // biden is out ! Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Shit, why? We just got done investing all kinds of money in liquification and transportation capacity for natural gas with the specific idea of selling liquified natural gas into Europe.

Posts: 27301 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-leaked-audio-border

Mayorkas says border crisis 'unsustainable' and 'we're going to lose' in leaked audio

"A couple of days ago I was down in Mexico, and I said look, you know, if, if our borders are the first line of defense, we're going to lose and this is unsustainable,"
"We can't continue like this, our people in the field cant continue and our system isn't built for it."

Mayorkas told the agents that the current border situation "cannot continue." He said the federal government's system was not designed to handle such an influx of migrants as the U.S. has seen in recent months and he was "very well" aware that the sector recently came close to "breaking."

"It’s our responsibility to make sure that that never happens again," he said.

Mayorkas visited the Texas border and announced that agents handled more than 212,000 migrant encounters in July, marking a 13% increase from the previous month. He admitted the issue was "one of the toughest challenges we face."

Some border agents have also seemed exasperated by the administration's approach to the crisis.

"For those of us who have been around here long enough … we don't need to reinvent the wheel," one agent told Mayorkas. "We've had this happen before. We know exactly how to shut it down. We need to make illegal entry illegal."

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need to make illegal entry illegal.
Except, this "administration" did just the opposite, deliberately, and they damn well know it. Mad

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6347 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Isn't that fascinating? No need to prove they've tested negative for the Kung Flu or gotten the shots, no restrictions on where Biden can bus them.

Meanwhile, Biden's thinking he'd like to require American citizens to prove they have gotten the Kung Flu shots if they want to travel from one state to another. No kidding.

http://humanevents.com/2021/08...r-interstate-travel/

Posts: 27301 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Pack them up and ship them out ASAP, non-stop, to DC.

Posts: 4677 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pack them up and ship them out ASAP, non-stop, to DC.
Or Greenville, Delaware

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31291 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
We are headed to Mexico next week no Covid test to go, test needed to return if we fly home. However, if we walk, drive, swim or boat in no test needed. Explain that one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2182 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
These mandates and regulations are just like gun laws. Whimsical without logic, rhyme or reason. And completely ineffective to intent.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13051 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
These mandates and regulations are just like gun laws. Whimsical without logic, rhyme or reason. And completely ineffective to intent.

I think they're 100% effective for their intent, power and control over the brainless.

Posts: 1845 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video of biden talking about Afhanistan from 8 July 2021

video at link

https://twitter.com/MarinaMedv.../1426619325935411207

is biden ever right ?

posted Hide Post
I remember when Trump would overturn Obama policy a Federal judge would rule against him the next day or two. Why wait 8 months and allow all this damage to our country. We don't play by the same rules as the left. And it looks like we will never learn.

Judge Orders Biden Administration to Resume ‘Remain in Mexico’ Policy

The stoppage of the policy has contributed to the border crisis, ruling says

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...1P5YNJ5W%2FVDGoIx00N

A federal judge on Friday said the Biden administration must resume a policy that sees asylum seekers wait in Mexico for their claims to be heard.

The Department of Homeland Security “failed to consider several critical factors” before axing the Trump era “Remain in Mexico” policy, U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk, a Trump appointee, found.

That included ignoring how the program was beginning to lead to some immigrants with asylum claims that lacked merit voluntarily returning home, he wrote in a 53-page ruling.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on June 1 of this year formally ended “Remain in Mexico,” though in practice it was stopped when President Joe Biden entered office on Jan. 20. In a memorandum (pdf) to top immigration officials, Mayorkas said a review determined the policy “does not adequately or sustainably enhance border management in such a way as to justify the program’s extensive operational burdens and other shortfalls.”

“Over the course of the program, border encounters increased during certain periods and decreased during others. Moreover, in making my assessment, I share the belief that we can only manage migration in an effective, responsible, and durable manner if we approach the issue comprehensively, looking well beyond our own borders,” he wrote.

The memo fails to mention some of the primary benefits of the program, which is known as MPP, Kacsmaryk said.

“At the very least, the Secretary was required to show a reasoned decision for discounting the benefits of MPP. Instead, the June 1 Memorandum does not address the problems created by false claims of asylum or how MPP addressed those problems. Likewise, it does not address the fact that DHS previously found that ‘approximately 9 out of 10 asylum claims from Northern Triangle countries are ultimately found non-meritorious by federal immigration judges,’ and that MPP discouraged such aliens from traveling and attempting to cross the border in the first place,” he said.

That made the policy change both arbitrary and capricious, the judge added. The Administrative Procedure Act states that agency actions that are “arbitrary, capricious, or an abuse of discretion” are ripe for being overturned by courts.

Kacsmaryk ordered the Biden administration to resume MPP, though he stayed his order for seven days to let the federal government seek emergency relief at an appeals court.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican who brought the lawsuit with the state of Missouri, said the ruling showed the Biden administration “unlawfully tried to shut down the legal and effective Remain-in-Mexico program.”

Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, another Republican, described the ruling as a “huge win for border security and the rule of law.”

The Biden administration did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Posts: 12987 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The horse is long gone; shutting the barn door now would help, but there are upwards of 2 million invaders in our country as a result of the criminal Biden administration…which is really a globalist ploy, not just a democRAT one.

What’s happening here is exactly what happened to Europe. Vast numbers of “poor people seeking a better life” are being injected into a western nation whether we like it or not. The administration will either ignore the ruling outright, or file suits of their own and ramp up the invasion until the next round of legal posturing reaches the end, which could take years.

This is about solidifying power for the future, both through flooding red states with future DemocRATS and the already proven method of outright fraud.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15770 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden tweet from 13 Aug:

"More good-paying jobs. Tax cuts for working families. Lower everyday costs.

That's what my Build Back Better Agenda means for you."

Jeff Carlson response:

The Border is a disaster.
Afghanistan is falling.
Hunter is on tape. Again.
Inflation [Stagflation] is on the rise.

Meanwhile, you're on vacation being kept away from the cameras.

It's a literal vacuum at the Executive Branch.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Good men died so his son could smoke crack.

Never forget that.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Today, in history, 15 August 2021

Note that there is not a single military leader on Joe’s TV monitor.

Evidently Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was unable to attend the meeting.
Gen. Milley was most likely doing research to understand white rage and prepare military leadership for teaching Critical Race Theory.

Hindsight is 20/20.
Easy to see now, but how was Joe to know that civilians and embassy personnel should have been withdrawn prior to withdrawing troops.

“The Taliban is not the North Vietnamese army,” Biden said. “They’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability.”

“There’s going to be no circumstance where you are going to see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan,” he added. “It is not at all comparable.”

Helicopters airlifted American embassy personnel from the U.S. embassy in Kabul on Sunday morning as the Taliban terrorists entered the city’s outlying districts.
Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5291 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
looks like Graham is facing a bit of a backlash for his vote on the pork spending bill

good

Posts: 53707 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
U.S. Government: ‘Thousands’ of Americans Stranded in Afghanistan

The State Department and Department of Defense said in a statement Sunday that there are “thousands” of Americans stranded in Afghanistan after the Taliban declared victory over the U.S.-backed government earlier in the day.

Link

Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5291 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden increases food stamp benefits by 30%.

1 out of 8 Americans are on food stamps.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...den-food-stamps.html

posted Hide Post
Biden's Abysmal Day Just Got Worse: OPEC+ Snubs Plea For More Oil, Says "No Need" To Pump More

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...-says-wont-pump-more

A day that was already the worst in Biden long political career, just got worse when moments ago Reuters reported that just days after the US president showed just how dependent on foreign oil the formerly energy independent US has become, when on Aug 11 he begged OPEC+ to pump more in order to lower the price of gas at the pump, OPEC+ responded that it sees no need to release more oil into the market at present, despite US calls. As a reminder, OPEC+ is currently planning to raise output by 400k BPD a month beginning in August until all the current reductions of 5.8mln BPD are removed, and will not accelerate its schedule despite Biden's pleading.

In response oil, which had tumbled today after the latest dismal Chinese economic data, managed to modest rebound as OPEC+ clearly refuses to cooperate with the Biden admin.