SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 649
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
When is this quisling up for rejection? 2024?

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Mitt Romney was just on my news feed saying how he "trusts the President" after the infrastructure deal.
He is the modern day Republican Benedict Arnold.
Benedict Arnold could have been a hero of the Revolution.
His undoing was for the love of a women.

Mitt Romney doesn’t even come close to living up to being compared with Benedict Arnold.
Benedict Arnold was a good guy before his undoing.
Mitt has always been a snake in the grass.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Old Benny forgot the ancient adage "Bros before hos"

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Insurrection?

Leftists Siege Biden White House, Blocking All Entrances in Demand for Climate ‘Infrastructure’ Priorities

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...tructure-priorities/

A group of activists, flanked by noteworthy Democrat politicians, protested outside of the White House on Monday, demanding the Biden administration adopt an infrastructure plan that prioritizes climate change and blocking every entrance to the White House as part of their demand for action.

Activists from the far-left Soros-funded group the Sunrise Movement marched to the White House on Monday to demand the Biden administration put climate change-related initiatives at the forefront, particularly in terms of the ongoing infrastructure negotiations. According to reports, protesters are blocking every entrance to the White House, demanding Biden heed to their Green New Deal agenda:

More at link.

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
OMG, it's an armed insurrection! Look! Look! You can see just as many people with guns as you did when those right-wing loons protested the election steal at Congress on January 6th! I bet the government had to put snipers on the rooftop lounge at the Old Ebbitt Grill and eeeeeeeverything!

Seriously, did no one tell them about the network of tunnels under the White House? Ten exits, my ass.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't anyone bother telling them that Biden hasn't been in the White House since late January?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-prediction-correct/

President Joe Biden is attempting to “destroy” American suburbs with the reconciliation infrastructure package, proving former President Donald Trump’s prediction correct.

Trump said during a 2020 campaign rally that Biden wants “to put low-cost housing in the suburbs, and that would mean abolishing, ruining the suburbs. It has already begun. It’s been going on for years.”

Biden refuted the claim at the time by saying Trump is “trying to scare because an awful lot of suburbanites are now deciding they’re going to vote for me, at least the data suggests, as opposed to him.”

But Democrats are, indeed, planning to federalize local zoning laws within the infrastructure reconciliation package to displace single family homes with high-rise, low-income apartments to impact the already purple suburbs.

The reconciliation package plans to begin the destruction of the suburbs via a measure within the package called the “HOMES Act,” which intends to put the federal government in charge of local zoning laws to change local demographics, impacting the already purple voting districts.

According to the measure, any local government which does not comply with the federal zoning guidelines, meaning “ordinances that ban apartment buildings from certain residential areas or set a minimum lot size for a single family home,” the Department of House and Urban Development (HUD) will cut off funding to that city which the city uses to maintain the its current low-income housing.

More consequences for cities keeping their local zoning laws in place, bucking federal the government’s overreach, would be to punish states by blocking them from “receiving taxpayer funded transportation grants of any kind if they refuse to allow highrise apartments throughout their high density zoning in their suburbs.”

States rely on federal transportation funding to fix local streets and highways.

The infrastructure package is now being negotiated among members of congress which moderate and far-left Democrats and President Joe Biden want to pass via reconciliation, a tactic which is immune to Republican filibuster.

The reconciliation package is rumored to be anywhere from $4 trillion to $10 trillion, nearly three times more than the United States’ projected 2021 revenues, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

Posts: 19684 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its already started here, we have subsidized housing units going up in the area (suburbs) we've seen an uptick in crime, because it's area where it was close to zero crime.

Federal funds to builders who use this to build subsidized housing, they don't give two shits about what it does to the area as long as they get paid by the gov.

Posts: 23783 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-prediction-correct/

President Joe Biden is attempting to “destroy” American suburbs with the reconciliation infrastructure package, proving former President Donald Trump’s prediction correct.
Federalism has been on life support for years, and this is how you kill it for good. If 'any' Repub signs onto this deal, or supports it in any way, they need to be burnt at the stake (figuratively of course), and replaced at the first opportunity.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Lauren Boebert on a bit of a tear here. Imbed was a train wreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6yJ1QylVU&t=172s

Posts: 3246 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Here ya go Expat. Smile YouTube imbed website

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21175 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Thank you! And bookmarked. BTW you spelled embed wrong. Wink Smile

Posts: 3246 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting move on the HOMES thing. O tried something similar, but this is a little more focused and perhaps a little more obvious.

More high rises in high density areas? More (expected) urban votes. Low cost housing federally mandated in suburbs that - presumably - the feds will more or less select? Diluted conservative votes in conservative suburbs all the way from school board elections to presidential elections.

The thing is we've been going hog wild with putting more high rises and greater density in high-density areas here. The people moving in there are still Dems, but they're anything from bar managers to silicon industry gerbils. The working poor still live in neighboring towns. The poor still live in the same old bad areas, except where the bad area has been redeveloped as a restaurant and entertainment area for the people moving into town and moving into the high rises. The poor people that lived there before have been shoved off to who knows where. Call it...progressive gentrification.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Lauren Boebert on a bit of a tear here. Imbed was a train wreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6yJ1QylVU&t=172s

Haha, my God, how the dems there must hate her.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30616 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Public support for Biden-Harris border policies collapses

https://justthenews.com/nation...immigration-policies

The Biden administration has struggled to find a solution to the growing immigration crisis at the southern border, and public perception reflects that, according to new polling data.

A new Harvard/Harris poll found the overwhelming majority of voters say immigration is a serious issue that has gotten worse under the Biden administration and that more should be done to address it.

According to the survey, 80% of voters see immigration as a "very serious" or "somewhat serious" issue, and 64% said the Biden administration should "issue new, stricter policies to reduce the flow of people across the border." Only 36% said Biden should continue his current policies.

In the poll, 68% of voters said the Biden administration's executive actions are increasing the amount of illegal immigration, and 55% said he should have left in place former President Donald Trump's immigration policies.

"The president's border policies are plainly unpopular with a large swath of the electorate, but the administration just seems to be doubling down on them," Andrew Arthur, a legal expert at the Center for Immigration Studies, wrote. "If people knew how bad Biden's immigration policies really were — both at the border and in dealing with criminals in the interior — they likely would have been a whole lot worse."

The polling comes as Biden struggles to get his infrastructure deal through Congress and takes increasing heat about his administration's handling of the southern border.

Federal data show a spike in illegal immigration this year. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol encountered 101,000 illegal immigrants attempting to enter the country in the month of February. That number jumped to 172,000 in March. Those figures have continued to climb since and remain well above the numbers from the same time last year.

Those stats have fueled Republican efforts to turn voters against Biden and other Democrats.

Democrats have worked for years to turn Texas into a purple, or even a blue state, to nab its electoral votes, but Biden's handling of the border hasn't helped the cause in the Lone Star State. A University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll released this week showed that 57% of Texas voters disapprove of Biden's handling of immigration and border security.

Vice President Kamala Harris, who Biden tapped earlier this year to head up the immigration issue, for the first time visited a border facility in El Paso, Texas, last week after increasing pressure.

Harris has taken heat for months for her handling of the border crisis. A group of House Republicans called on Biden to replace Harris as head of the immigration issue before she announced her visit to the border earlier this month.

"This has been a trip that also is connected with the very obvious point: If you want to deal with a problem, you can't just deal with the symptom of the problem," Harris said of her trip. "You gotta figure out what caused it to happen."

Harris has consistently tried to broaden the immigration issue to include reasons why people are fleeing nations like Guatemala and Mexico, beyond the traditional border security conversation.

Republicans were quick to jump on the latest polling as evidence that they have the support of voters on immigration.

"According to a new Harvard/Harris poll, 80% view illegal immigration as a serious issue right now," said Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican party. "Americans see through Biden and Harris' gaslighting on the border crisis."

Posts: 12847 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"This has been a trip that also is connected with the very obvious point: If you want to deal with a problem, you can't just deal with the symptom of the problem," Harris said of her trip. "You gotta figure out what caused it to happen."

IOW, "I flew all the way to El Paso on my way to LA only to learn that I couldn't keep up with conversations on the issue because I never bothered to do my homework on it."

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

IOW, "I flew all the way to El Paso on my way to LA only to learn that I couldn't keep up with conversations on the issue because I never bothered to do my homework on it."

Or "Who do I have to blow to get out of here?"

Posts: 4006 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it is a problem for which they are entirely responsible

if they didn't want a problem at the border, then that senile old bastard and the blow job queen should have kept his mouth shut and not done a damned thing

it wasn't broke

Joe and that whore broke it

Posts: 53444 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Came across this article from Politico on another website. It's a long read, but a fun one - the schadenfreude is rich and satisfying.

Not A Healthy Environment: Kamala Harris' Office Rife With Dissent
http://www.politico.com/news/2...ffice-dissent-497290

The short version?

- Kamala Harris' office is in utter chaos. People are being blindsided by decisions like the one to go to El Paso, which (as in that case) leads to bad decisions and ineffective, if not downright embarassing, efforts.

- Tina Flournoy, her chief of staff, seems to be the focus of the trouble, but in DC that could just be something a couple of staffers cooked up before looking for new jobs or bucking for promotions. Those who try to defend her (and Harris isn't named as one) are only coming up with generalized criticisms of the critics as a response.

- Flournoy, and apparently Harris above her, seem to be in the habit of making major demands without providing much, if any, guidance or taking any responsibility for the outcome. On the other hand, staff initiative is either blunted or ignored. [In many ways Flournoy could be seen as both the harbinger (in Bill Clinton's office) and the second coming (in Kamala Harris' office) of Valerie Jarrett.]

- Staff has had high turnover (apparently three or four major transitions or wholesale replacements of the staff), and is suffering from "low morale, porous lines of communication and diminished trust among aides and senior officials". The office is described as having "a tense and at times dour" atmosphere. Many staffers apparently start looking for new jobs within six months of beginning to work in Harris' office.

- It's not only having a negative effect on Harris' personal performance, it's attracting a lot of negative attention from Biden's crew.

- [There's a consistent undercurrent here. Harris apparently doesn't have a clue as to how to run an office or a staff.]

Now, Politico is something of a Dem party organ, so it's tempting to read this like one of the famous posters in Tieninmin Square from Mao's day. But with a potato pretending to occupy the White House these days, who's to say that it isn't just another donkey-on-donkey knife fight over whose turn it is to use the potato? This is, after all, precisely what one would expect government by high school clique to look like.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Here ya go Expat. Smile YouTube imbed website
His “Crack head, parmesan smoking, gun criminal son”. Damn! Which male Repub on the hill would make that speech? Yeah right. I wants lots more Lauren Bobert's in Congress, and I want them there now. Bravo young lady. Bravo.
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Biden administration has struggled to find a solution to the growing immigration crisis at the southern border....
No they haven't. They actually created and promoted the situation which I assure you, they do not view as a problem (beyond the political optics that is).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post