SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll admit to looking for reasons to be optimistic here, but can Uncah Joe really get all that through a nearly equally divided Senate?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
President Joe Biden conducted a high-level cabinet meeting in front of the White House press pool Thursday… sort of.
The Commander-in-Chief read written remarks from his binder before staffers rushed members of the press from the room.

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...n-2020-intervention/

President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden confirmed during a CBS News interview that aired in part on Friday morning his recent struggles with substance abuse lead to an incident at his father’s home in Wilmington during the 2020 presidential campaign .

CBS News reported, “In his interview with Mason, Biden described an emotional intervention his family staged at his father’s home in Wilmington during the 2020 presidential campaign. After a tense confrontation, Biden stormed out of the house, only to be chased down the driveway by the future president.”

Host Anthony Mason asked, “And your father chased you?”

Biden said, “Yeah, because I tried to get into the — I tried to go to my car, and my girls literally locked the door to my car and said, ‘Dad, dad, please, you can’t, no, no.’ This was the hardest part of the book to write. And he grabbed me, in a hug, and grabbed me. He gave me a bear hug. And he said, he just cried, he said, ‘I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do. Please.'”

Mason asked, “What did you think when you heard that?

Biden said, “I thought, I need to figure out a way to tell him that I’m going to do something so that I can go take another hit . That’s the only thing I could think. Literally, that’s how powerful. I don’t know of a force more powerful than my family’s love, except addiction .”

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Biden stormed out of the house, only to be chased down the driveway by the future president.”

"Chased down the driveway" by a man who has a hard time placing one foot in front of the other? Yeah. Roll Eyes

quote:
Biden said, “I thought, I need to figure out a way to tell him that I’m going to do something so that I can go take another hit . That’s the only thing I could think. Literally, that’s how powerful. I don’t know of a force more powerful than my family’s love, except addiction .”

I'll give him this one.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
A lengthy jail sentence would help Hunter clean up. He's earned one. Not that I will live long enough to see him get one. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The ‘infrastructure’ bill spends about 6% on actual infrastructure. The rest is on social programs. I hope it dies in Congress.

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Chased down the driveway" by a man who has a hard time placing one foot in front of the other? Yeah. Roll Eyes

Silly kid - he should have run upstairs. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2021/04/04/..._campaign=SocialFlow

Hunter Biden recalled how he used to scrounge through the carpet looking for crack cocaine after getting high — saying he probably wound up smoking “parmesan cheese.”

“I spent more time on my hands and knees picking through rugs, smoking anything that even remotely resembled crack cocaine. I probably smoked more parmesan cheese than anyone,” President Biden’s son said on “CBS Sunday Morning.”

I went one time for 13 days without sleeping, and smoking crack and drinking vodka throughout that entire time,” he said during an interview to promote his memoir, “Beautiful Things,” out April 6 from Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

He said his then-vice president dad tried to intervene after he began binge-drinking vodka following the death of brother Beau Biden in 2015.

Hunter tested positive for cocaine in 2013

“He came to my apartment one time. And this was when he was still in office as vice president, and so he kinda ditched his Secret Service, figured out a way to get over to the house,” Hunter said.

“And I said, ‘What are you doin’ here?’ He said, ‘Honey, what are you doing?’ I said, ‘Dad, I’m fine.’ He said, ‘You’re not fine.'”

Hunter later teared up in the interview saying his dad still calls him every night.

“We talk at least every night,” he said. “By the way, not only does he talk to me every night; he calls every one of my daughters and he talks to each one of them every day. And I know that he talks to me, and I know that he talks to my sister.”

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...source=breakingemail

Joe Manchin Delivers a Blow to Biden Administration's 'Infrastructure' Plan

Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) delivered a blow to President Biden’s “infrastructure” plan, which is already facing a steep challenge in the Senate. Manchin said publicly that he opposes an increase in the corporate tax rate, to 28 percent, that is included in the plan proposed by the administration.

The “swing vote” Democrat lawmaker said that the increase was a non-starter for him.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
one study found that innovation in the United States will quadruple if women, people of color, and children from low-income families invented at the rate of groups who are not held back by discrimination and structural barriers.

This might be the dumbest study ever. It is tantamount to saying that if you took the JV basketball players from St Marks Jesuit school and put them on the Lakers, if they perform at the same rate as the rest of the team the Lakers will have 10 times their current point scoring ability. There is no correlation nor is there evidence that those groups would even add value let alone equal the innovation of the currently employed groups. None whatsoever.

Pure drivel.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So is Warner saying he's joining Manchin in opposing Biden's infrastructure plan, or that it's going to take a bit more to successfully buy his vote to support the Biden's infrastructure plan? It's not quite clear, but it sounds to me like Warner would like a line in his resume in that he'd like to claim he was an "architect" of the infrastructure policy when he runs for the White House - which (IMHO) would be a neat little piece of positioning for the future.

quote:
from 2 Dem Senators Balk At Biden's New Spending Plan, Burgess Everett, Politico, 4/5/2021

Indeed, Manchin is no outlier. A few hours later at the Capitol, Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) said Monday that he needs to have more input into the White House's plan than he's received so far: "I expect to have that input before there's any package I could support."

"I've had some outreach from the White House, but it was more heads-up than input into the development of the package. So I've already expressed some concerns," Warner said. He declined to address his specific issues but said he would communicate them to the White House.

Full original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/manc...nding-124454732.html

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soros Group Pledges $20M to Boost Biden Plan

https://www.newsmax.com/politi...21/04/05/id/1016378/

The George Soros-founded Open Society Foundations are pledging $20 million for a campaign to rally progressives to support President Joe Biden's infrastructure proposal, Axios reported on Monday.

Financial support from the group could help spur a vital call to action for Democrat donors and activists who back Biden's initial $2 trillion-plus infrastructure plan but are determined to see the president do more.

Biden is considering revealing later this month a second part of his overall proposal, which would have a broader focus on social welfare proposals — such as health care, the care-giving economy, climate, and community colleges.

The idea of the $20 million pledge is to help jumpstart as much as $100 million in funding to help encourage support for Biden’s overall agenda.

The money is expected to help activate many of the grassroots progressive groups that led the fierce opposition to the agenda of former President Donald Trump.

The $20 million is expected to be funneled to such grassroots organizing — and not be used for paid advertising.

"We hope this effort on the part of organizers and donors will give the Biden administration and Congress the assurance that they need to go as big, bold and fast as possible,” said Leah Hunt-Hendrix, who co-founded Way to Win, a progressive donor network.

Tom Perriello, the executive director of Open Society-U.S., said that "Every initiative proposed by President Biden has broad public support. But we’ve seen popular reforms get demonized before by partisans and special interests, and we are not going to let that happen."

Perriello added that "Facts don’t always win without some real muscle put behind getting those facts in front of the American people."

The funding for the campaign comes as progressives are walking a fine line between encouraging and antagonizing the White House, accordinig to Axios.

Some progressive insist that Biden is not going nearly far enough in his proposals with, for example, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez demanding $10 trillion in spending.

However, any such ultimatums that jack up the price tag and lead to more significant increases in taxes more could alienate moderate Democrat votes that Biden cannot afford to lose in his political battles.

Already, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has vowed that his party will do all it can to oppose Biden's plans in their current form "every step of the way."

This, however, has not deterred Biden officials, who have said they are determined not to moderate their ambitions too much.

Those officials are strident in their belief that the Obama administration did not exert enough energy in battling for a larger stimulus package back in 2009, and they do not intend to repeat that move this time around.

The funding effort also comes as Republican congressmen are criticizing both the size of Biden’s proposed $2.25 trillion infrastructure plan and the fact that its funding is based on an increase in the corporate tax rate, while Democrats are touting it as a way to generate long-term job growth, The Hill reported.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
JP has been so on point.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Globalist shitheads.

The International Monetary Fund says it backs U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen's proposal for a global minimum corporate tax.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) says it backs a U.S. proposal for a global minimum corporate tax.

IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath said that the fund has been calling for international cooperation on tax policy “for a long time,” adding that different corporate tax rates around the world have fueled tax shifting and avoidance.

“That reduces the revenues that governments collect to do the needed social and economic spending,” Gopinath told Yahoo Finance Tuesday. “We’re very much in support of having this kind of global minimum corporate tax.”

Gopinath’s remarks are likely to add momentum to U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s efforts to start an international dialogue on a new framework. The European Commission on Tuesday also said it supported discussions, but said the ultimate rate should be deliberated through the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).

Yellen recently called on the 20 largest economies to work together to “stop the race to the bottom” by setting a new minimum that would allow governments more stability in collecting tax revenue. The Biden administration is targeting a 21% global minimum tax for U.S. multinational corporations.

“It is important to work with other countries to end the pressures of tax competition and corporate tax base erosion,” Yellen said in a speech Monday.

Yellen is among the many finance ministers and central bank governors that will be convening virtually this week as part of the IMF’s annual spring meetings.

Gopinath also backed Yellen’s push forward on an aggressive infrastructure bill, as the Biden administration continues to work through a $2 trillion plan to overhaul American roads and highways, expand high-speed broadband access, and build a more resilient electric grid.

As the IMF continues to encourage countries with fiscal room to continue spending through the recovery, its chief economist said investment into infrastructure is one way to boost economic activity.

“This package serves that purpose in terms of climate mitigation, improving roads and bridges, all of which raise productivity and have a positive effect on the economy,” Gopinath said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...e-tax-144331721.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Soros Group Pledges $20M to Boost Biden Plan

https://www.newsmax.com/politi...21/04/05/id/1016378/

Gee, so we're going to be treated to a re-run of what Time Magazine described as 'woke' corporations saving America from civil war by stealing the 2020 election? It'll be interesting to see how well it works when the same strategy is run a second time. Perhaps even more interesting will be to see whether the same woke corporate players participate this time around - since some of the silicon billionaires have won a couple of corporate battles and others have lost a couple of corporate battles since the election.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Globalist shitheads.

The International Monetary Fund says it backs U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen's proposal for a global minimum corporate tax.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...e-tax-144331721.html

I'm sure countries like Afghanistan, Brazil, Congo, Egypt, etc, will be all over the chance to pay that!! Roll Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Another obvious lie by Biden. So bad the Wash Post calls him on it

The Washington Post has awarded Joe Biden four Pinocchios (the max) for a patently false claim he made about the new Georgia law on voting

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...orgia-voting-law.php

Biden:

"What I’m worried about is how un-American this whole initiative is. It’s sick. It’s sick … deciding that you’re going to end voting at five o’clock when working people are just getting off work."

"Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over."

But the Georgia law does no such thing

Biden, or whoever feeds him his material, is just making it up.

Glenn Kessler, the Post’s lead fact checker, blows the whistle:

On Election Day in Georgia, polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and if you are in line by 7 p.m., you are allowed to cast your ballot. Nothing in the new law changes those rules.

However, the law did make some changes to early voting. But experts say the net effect was to expand the opportunities to vote for most Georgians, not limit them.

Election Day hours were not changed.

As for early voting, the law made a modest change, replacing a vague “normal business hours” — presumed to be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — to a more specific 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. time period. But that’s the minimum. Under the new law, counties have the option to extend the voting hours so voters can start casting ballots as early as 7 a.m. and as late as 7 p.m. — the same as Election Day in Georgia.

The president earns Four Pinocchios.

What I find interesting about this facet is the Georgia state legislature has fired a very interesting shot concerning a statement put out Delta Airlines criticizing their new voter law. They basically said really? You know that tax break on jet fuel we gave you? Well, you're losing that. This is exactly what these red states under assault need to start doing. Can the same tactic be applied to MLB, Coke, and Amazon? How far can this go without stepping over some Constitutional concern?

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
We have played nice for far too long and have always rolled over.

Time to play nice has ended. I am in favor of doing to them what they have been doing to us. And if we can step up the game so be it.

As for Delta I’m pretty sure we do t need them as an airline for the country to ultimately be successful again.

So yes if private companies want to play the arbiter of social justice, we should treat them accordingly.

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
We have played nice for far too long and have always rolled over.

Time to play nice has ended. I am in favor of doing to them what they have been doing to us. And if we can step up the game so be it.

As for Delta I’m pretty sure we do t need them as an airline for the country to ultimately be successful again.

So yes if private companies want to play the arbiter of social justice, we should treat them accordingly.

I agree. But, states taxing or targeting taxes, or other punitive measure aimed at corporations not within their boundaries as a state. How much power would a particular red state have?

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post