SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Inflation!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inflation!!! Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
Is your part of the world affected by inflation? I have seen gas, meat, building material, almost everything has gone up. The Inland Empire is experiencing the highest inflation rate in the United States at 6.8%!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Same here Dave.

EVERYTHING is impacted in these parts!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Food: For me, food costs have gone up anywhere from 10-15%...I tend to buy the same things so it's been easy to track costs.

Fuel: Oregon has been consistently near the top of the list of states with the highest fuel prices.
$3.30-$3.65 range.

Government is lying about the inflation rate, it's at least 50% to double the "official" rate.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Was that an international question? Joe has the entire country fucked up and they are trying to sell it like it's a sign of a great economy. How stupid do you have to be to buy into that?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Food, big time inflation, our weekly grocery went up from $150's to $250, meat is out of control, $25 for a NY Strip.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like rainman posted above, everything in the Dallas area has been impacted.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I can't think of a single product that has gone down in price, well except for a few areas of real estate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Everything has gone up here and I mean everything!! Gas is $3.65/gal, all meat is up by as much as 20% or more. Seafood is pretty much out of our price range now. I could go on and on. I don't know how a family of 4 or more can make ends meet, especially if teenagers are involved. I just wrote a check for property taxes and they are 30% higher than last year. 30%!!!!

On top of that, only a fool would believe that the Fed won't be raising interest rates soon and that's when the shit really hits the fan.

It's time to put on the big boy pants because we are only seeing the start of the downturn in my opinion.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was that an international question?
It should be, "our" energy sector "changes" screwed up the entire world.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A good portion of the work bodies I buy for trucks have gone up 40-50%, it's insane

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, everything is going up here in Florida too. But the most unsettling thing is the thinning of inventories everywhere, especially at the grocery store. Went to the store last week and couldn't buy the tea bags I usually get because they had none. And bear in mind, these are garden variety ice tea bags, not something special or unique.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Yes. Fuel is expensive. I noticed one of our regular restaurants had new menus last night. Every entree went up at least $1.

As bigdeal notes, lots of things are out of stock, or very thinly stocked.

Horse feed, fertilizer, weed killer, and similar farm products are way up as well.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Starting wages, Costco is up to $17/hr.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
6% is a deceptive.

I have seen 40+% increases across the board.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Gas is $3.00/gal here in Temple.
The shelves at Wal-Mart and the HEB(grocery) are bare in spots…
Local mom n pop we visit weekly has had to remove items from the menu.
Everything is more expensive than it was in January.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
100 Octane Low Lead gas at Our Little Airport has jumped from $3.07 / gallon a few weeks ago, to $4.94.

More than a 60% increase!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I paid $4.06 for gas (91 octane) yesterday.

I usually buy "about" the same stuff at the grocery store weekly. Last coupla' times I noticed the total was decidedly higher. About 25-30% by my seat-of-the-pants reckoning.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
100 Octane Low Lead gas at Our Little Airport has jumped from $3.07 / gallon a few weeks ago, to $4.94.

More than a 60% increase!

Eek
Was curious what 100LL was going for, we were talking about it over the weekend. We were discussing the loss of a Beech S35 & a close friend of my dad's.

Back when I was taking lessons, it was sub $2/gal [barely], but that was back in 2004.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I drove by a Del Taco today and was surprised they had a banner hanging advertising that they were hiring for all positions with $16 starting.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Glad that we brought a 500 gallon propane tank in March 2021. It was $2,2xx, probably crowding $2,300. Talked to the rep yesterday and they are $3,600 now, seven months later.

“There is no inflation though, or if there is, it is just transitory.” Yeah, where’s gif of the lady laughing and spewing whatever she was drinking all over?

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post