SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
also from Burgess Everett

too good to be true ?

Perhaps. But Ed Henry on Shannon Bream was reporting the same.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The news now by Shannon Bream is that Grassley may have a man who has come forward and supplied a written statement to the committee that he may be the one who had the encounter with Ford.

I mentioned this possibility a few pages ago. I was told it would be the worst thing that could happen. Really?

Posts: 6669 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Case of Mistaken Identity?
A few days ago–it seems like a year–there was considerable buzz around the idea that Christine Ford might have described something close to an actual event, but identified the wrong perpetrator. That speculation has since faded. However, within the last two hours the Judiciary Committee put out a statement that summarizes events in the Kavanaugh smear from July 30 to the present. The chronology provides overwhelming evidence of bad faith on the part of the Democratic Senators on the committee, and the lawyers representing the “accusers.”

In the morning I will post the entire chronology, but for now, here are the most intriguing items:

September 24: Committee staff have first interview with a man who believes he, not Judge Kavanaugh, had the encounter with Dr. Ford in 1982 that is the basis of his complaint. He submitted a written statement earlier in the day.

September 25: Committee staff have a second interview with a man who believes he, not Judge Kavanaugh, had the encounter with Dr. Ford in the summer of 1982 that is the basis of her allegation. He described his recollection of their interaction in some detail.

September 26: Committee staff receives a more in-depth written statement from the man interviewed twice previously who believes he, not Judge Kavanuagh, had the encounter in question with Dr. Ford.
Committee investigative staff spoke via phone with another man who believes he, not Judge Kavanuagh, had the encounter with Dr. Ford in 1982 that is the basis of her allegation. He explained his recollection of the details of the encounter.

It will be interesting to see whether one or both of these gentlemen appear at tomorrow’s hearing.

Link: powerlineblog.com

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
At minimum these new revelations add some credence to a case of mistaken identity.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
The news now by Shannon Bream is that Grassley may have a man who has come forward and supplied a written statement to the committee that he may be the one who had the encounter with Ford.

I mentioned this possibility a few pages ago. I was told it would be the worst thing that could happen. Really?

You wanted someone who was a friend of Kavanaugh to say he was pretending to be Kavanaugh during the incident. Yeah, i don't think that would be very helpful.

Someone admitting that he was the actual attacker though by itself would certainly help Kavanaugh’s case.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Republican staff reports

source:

https://twitter.com/dmartosko/.../1045141912863338496

"These tables are from a timeline the committee majority published 15 minutes ago."

quote identified by David Martosko:

Stoic philosophy nugget for today, via Marcus Aurelius:

"Begin the morning by saying to yourself: I will meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil."

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Unless he can be proven to be credible he will be seen by many, rightly or wrongly, to be giving cover to Kavanaugh--perhaps arranged by supporters.

ETA: Wonderful--now there are two guys claiming they might have been the one? <smh> Yeah, Twilight Zone is about right.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
So now two men are claiming to be the attacker? Imagine if the delay the dems foisted on everyone gave the Committee time to get the information for Kavanaugh to clear his name.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Unless he can be proven to be credible he will be seen by many, rightly or wrongly, to be giving cover to Kavanaugh--perhaps arranged by supporters.

You mean, they won't just take his word for it with no other evidence whatsoever?

Well, what's good for the goose...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
I believe when all is said and done 3 dems will break ranks and vote for him. He will be confirmed, and the VP's vote will not be needed. I am not sure how yet, but I have faith the truth will prevail.

Meanwhile, everyone keep praying.

If the Reps can advance Kavanaugh by themselves, at-risk Dems will be allowed to vote for him too.

If the Reps cannot, no Dem will be allowed to vote for him.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9138 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be that there are a lot of guys who could come forward. There were a lot of nights in 1982.

Posts: 1354 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Tonight I will pray for judge ]Kavanaugh and for our country.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
So now two more men claim to have groped Ford? What if both of them did? What if she can't remember? Is she repressing these memories? If she remembers will this be two times the assault trauma or three? Is she a serial gropee? It's getting confusing. Lots of groping and gang raping going on in that neck of the woods, apparently.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You wanted someone who was a friend of Kavanaugh to say he was pretending to be Kavanaugh during the incident. Yeah, i don't think that would be very helpful.

Someone admitting that he was the actual attacker though by itself would certainly help Kavanaugh’s case.

I guess you didn't actually read my post on the subject. Here it is again from page 75.

I think it would serve the Democrats right if one of Kavanaugh's male classmates came forward and said that he was the one doing the misdemeanor sexual misconduct and that he used the name Brett Kavanaugh so no one could trace his activities back to him. Of course he would be so sorry as to how he behaved as a misguided youth.

Nothing in that post said anything about a "friend" of Kavanaugh.

Posts: 6669 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Had a rape in progress call at work tonight, officers arrived and took suspect in custody.

It was NOT Judge Kavanaugh...

PS- Victim reported it before it was even over.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11020 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thank the Heavens for small favors! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9225 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
This is getting crazy(er)... Four accusers now, and two conflicting supposed alibis for the same case of potential mistaken identity... w.t.f. It reads more like a telenovella script than reality. And much like the last Presidential Election itself, this confirmation process for Kavanaugh has the Left scared and desperate, and willing to do almost anything to not lose.

As distasteful as much of their tactics are, the "Kavanaugh question" is working out to be a very real test of what power and influence, if any, the Left really has at this time. And a very real test of how strongly, or not, the Right can maintain its control and exercise its will, and a very real test of the commie-loving Media's ability to swing its dick around. Their "game" is weak and their chances look like shit. The Republicans better not fuck this up.

It sure looks like this is a "hill the Left is willing to die on"... given the very bitter taste they have in their mouths over Garland, and the threat to Roe that Kavanaugh represents. I don't agree with them, of course, but the notion that the Right "stole" a seat from Garland is rampant amongst Leftists, and ever present, a Top 5 issue for sure, and getting any additional Conservative on the court has them scared and livid, and when that one is the threat to Roe that Kavanaugh surely is - they're fucking beside themselves, I assure you.
I'm certain Roe and Garland are the root causes of this attack in their minds - whether they're openly talking like that or not. I've been seeing and watching it for months now.

What's next from the Left, a mystery love child that suddenly shows up? How far will they go? I will be very surprised if they back off of this given what we've seen so far. I'm a little surprised they haven't found a committed stooge who is willing to perjure themselves. That they're all being so sketchy about testifying under oath demonstrates their fear. My reservations about Kavanaugh aside, I definitely don't think he's some white Bill Cosby or something, it's just too much too believe. He might be a late bloomer and former dork, on top of his faith and whatnot, but a rapist/sexual assaulter/etc... ? I don't even like him and I'm not buying it at all. Their story smells like bullshit. 11th-hour desperate bullshit.

Cough up real and solid evidence or shut up so we can get on with it. This has gotten crazy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess you didn't actually read my post on the subject. Here it is again from page 75.

Nothing in that post said anything about a "friend" of Kavanaugh.

Of course I read your post. How else would I have known about it? And what's the difference? You said classmate. Anyway, that part's not even relevant to the point.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
At this point, I think it’s pretty clear that this Ford whore just liked to fuck in her younger years. I think she went to these parties to do just that. The stories about drug fueled gang rapes are either completely fabricated, or her way to justify in her head consensual sex with multiple partners. I think her lack of morals puts her squarely in a position to translate that into leverage for her disgusting political cohorts.

And as I have already said (along with others) this is going to blow up in the lefts faces when he is confirmed and the midterms show that middle America is tired of this nefarious activity.

And the women’s vote? My wife happens to be a woman. She votes. She has been very outspoken about Fords, and the lefts dishonest behavior. I know she is not alone. A large number of rational women in this country will see this for what it is as well.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
At this point, I think it’s pretty clear that this Ford whore just liked to fuck in her younger years. I think she went to these parties to do just that. The stories about drug fueled gang rapes are either completely fabricated, or her way to justify in her head consensual sex with multiple partners.

That was the 3rd accuser who mentioned gang rapes, not Ford.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)