SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
It seems this is the way Republicans always let us down. If they'd just man up and follow the rules as they're laid out in the Constitution, we'd all be very proud of them. Trump is actually too good for either party!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10720 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Time for Grassley to call the committee into session and vote.

Enough games. The longer this goes on the more the leftists can make of it. The weekend will give the fascists WAY to much time to pontificate and scheme.

Now... (after the deadline) the GOP is making a counter-offer to let her testify on Wednesday... Roll Eyes

That was exactly my point earlier. Playing their game, falling into their trap. Totally disgusting. If Grassley doesn't wake up and get it done, Kavanaugh won't be on the SCOTUS. Mad

Q

Posts: 26530 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Time for Grassley to call the committee into session and vote.

Enough games. The longer this goes on the more the leftists can make of it. The weekend will give the fascists WAY to much time to pontificate and scheme.

Now... (after the deadline) the GOP is making a counter-offer to let her testify on Wednesday... Roll Eyes

That was exactly my point earlier. Playing their game, falling into their trap. Totally disgusting. If Grassley doesn't wake up and get it done, Kavanaugh won't be on the SCOTUS. Mad

Exactly. This is right out of the playbook that they designed. They met in advance of the hearings to formulate a plan to stall for as long as possible with the hope of finding dirt or delaying until after midterms. The GOP is falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Tuesday night there will be a new reason to delay.

Pussies.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20852 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This offer shows that the Reps are making an effort to accommodate Ford. But if Grassley doesn’t accede to the rest of her demands (Kavanaugh goes first, etc), and I hope he doesn’t, she might not agree even to a Wednesday appearance.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9017 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. The problem is I doubt their resolve to hold to the Wednesday deadline.

Move the goalpost. Red lines in the sand. The left plays the game. The right dosen't.

I'm sick of the republicans bringing a limp dildo to a gunfight.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
OK, this kind of stuff is why I locked the thread. If I lock it again, I am not going to reopen it under any circumstance.

Discuss this calmly and avoid the DEFEATIST TALK. I cannot stress this enough. Quite simply, I am not going to listen to that crap. Plain and simple, I will not be a part of that stuff.

And beyond being depressing shit to read, such predictions are flat-out wrong. If you guys will just try to maintain an even strain, you will see that all is well. Just cool it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Rules, like laws, are only relavant when they are enforced. Violations need to have consequences.

Delay to Wednesday? That's it.

As much as I am NOT a fan of Mitch, his enthusiasm at the eventual confirmation gives me pleasure. Didn't someone say he could call a floor vote even without the comitee referral? His confidence tells me they have a backup plan.

I just hate the way the left gets to drive the narrative. It's infuriating.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Feinstein had the letter from Ford prior to the formal confirmation hearings. She didn’t even bring the subject up.
So to hell with her and the corrupt Dems.
And to hell with Ford and her bullshit accusation.
I don’t believe a word coming from the communist left. They have no credibility. I don’t trust them.
VOTE already.
Funny, the more the Left tries to smear Kavanaugh, the more I like him. Justice Kavanaugh, that is. Cool

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
via Imgflip Meme Generator
"Resist everything; at every level. F*ck sh*t up."

-The Democrat Party 2018 Motto.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is when Trump's short list of nominees came out I put Kavanaugh about third. But after watching a few clips of his confirmation hearings and seeing his absolute command of the law and the constitution I was floored. The way he ratled off things chapter and verse and how he respected the words, the meaning, AND the era in which they were written was nothing short of amazing. He knows the true value of law and history in a society.

If anyone could be called "over qualified" for a job, this guy is it.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No matter what happens, the Dems will not be happy and be obstructionist, looney, America hating assholes.

So just vote and be done. Let them be angry. Let them cry and weep and gnash teeth. Who cares? Get him on the court and be done with it. If they aren't crying about this, it will just be something else.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10732 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Try to imagine how sweet this victory will be. Concentrate on that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Try to imagine how sweet this victory will be. Concentrate on that.

And be sure that there is more shit to come before the last Senator votes.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
No matter what happens, the Dems will not be happy and be obstructionist,

I don't see it playing well in the West Virginia or Montana Senate races.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
No matter what happens, the Dems will not be happy and be obstructionist,

I don't see it playing well in the West Virginia or Montana Senate races.

Or in Indiana!

Posts: 6636 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I don't see it playing well in the West Virginia or Montana Senate races.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Notwithstanding all the concern about the Republicans alienating every woman in the country, I think the Dems have handled this so heavy handedly, and Grassley is injecting enough sensitivity into the proceedings, that Kavanaugh will be voted in and the Dems could net poorer results in the mid-terms.

Posts: 632 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I still think they've overplayed their hand to the point that Ginsberg's replacement might just sail on through - regardless of who they are or whether they're "too Catholic" for DiFi to be comfortable with them.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
It's time for the Republicans to run straight through the Democrats and get Kavanaugh confirmed. The Dems will never be happy with anyone Trump nominates for the Supreme Court. If the shoe were on the other foot and Harry Reid were still in charge of things, you can be that he and the other Democrats would run all over the Republicans. This is one time I am optimistic that Mitch McConnell will rise to the occasion and get this deal done.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...his-accuser-n2521246

UPDATE: Chairman Chuck Grassley’s

office has given Ford until the end of Friday to make a decision about testifying next Wednesday. The Committee is also open to allowing her to testify without Kavanaugh in the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my thoughts: besides running out the clock on Kavanaugh, the Ford lawyers are also buying time to prep her and rehearse. Several new players have recently joined the array of Christine Ford "advisers"

Posts: 19611 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post