SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Woman Who Confronted Flake In Elevator Runs Soros-Funded Organization

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...funded-organization/

Ana Maria Archila, one of the women who confronted Jeff Flake on the elevator at the Capitol after he said he was voting for Brett Kavanaugh, is the co-executive director for the Center for Popular Democracy and the Center for Popular Democracy Action Fund.

The Center For Popular Democracy is heavily funded by George Soros. The organization also identified Maria Gallagher to the press as the other woman confronting Flake.

Here is Ana Maria Archila on the Center for Popular Democracy website.

https://populardemocracy.org/

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I hope the IRS crucifies her on her next tax return for the GoFundMe crap...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
remember this guy...

this is Flake, the guy who pulled a DiFi at the last minute

the lowest of the low, and another example of a bottom feeding RINO - a gutless prick and he's appropriately named

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Flake did not change his mind because a few woman yelled at him. He was offered something by Coons and the left. He entered the senate for wealth and power, and once Trump saw through that and called him out he was pissed. He figured he would spend the rest of his days getting rich in the senate and Trump took that away from him.

Maybe it was a nice cushy job offer when he leaves, maybe it was a "signing bonus" from CNN or MSNBC, who knows. He did it for the money, not because of those women.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Corey Booker, who committed sexual assault in 1992, 10 years after the alleged assault by BK, sits on the Judiciary Committee. By his own principles, shouldn’t he resign?

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh, there is gonna be some solid gold campaign ads from this whole mess.

Not to mention I’m sure Mitch will be keeping the Senate in session until this is resolved, so no October recess for campaigning.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What is the significance, particularly in a partisan sense, and especially as it pertains to Supreme Court appointments, of the Gamble v. United States SCOTUS case?

Apparently there is an existing “dual-sovereignty” exception to the Double Jeopardy Clause—whereby a state and the federal government can each prosecute a person for the same crime, even where neither would be able to do so alone, and this case is challenging that exception with the argument that it violates the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution.

Double Jeopardy is bad, right? Why and how did this exception come to be? Why do Democrats seem to fear the dual-sovereignty exception being ruled Unconstitutional? Is it because they're banking on some supposed State charges against Manafort and other Trump people from getting in the way of Trump's ability to Pardon some of these folks?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Corey Booker, who committed sexual assault in 1992, 10 years after the alleged assault by BK, sits on the Judiciary Committee. By his own principles, shouldn’t he resign?

Oh it's okay, he's a democrat and they don't believe in principles Wink

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:
He was also cornered by a couple of women protesters at some point before the vote and badgered over his vote

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...r-kavanaugh-n2523573

video at link

On Thursday morning Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announced he will vote in favor of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to become the next Supreme Court Justice of the United States.

Shortly after the announcement, Flake was confronted by leftists in the halls of the Senate. They blocked his ability to exit an elevator and screamed in his face.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we need to keep these hysterical protesters out of the halls of congress

The second voice in that video - the one that started crying - sounded a lot like Jimmy Kimmel. Has Jimmy ever been raped?

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

All Hail Departucus!

Now with jazz hands(TM). Your actual milage may vary.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
What is the significance, particularly in a partisan sense, and especially as it pertains to Supreme Court appointments, of the Gamble v. United States SCOTUS case?

Apparently there is an existing “dual-sovereignty” exception to the Double Jeopardy Clause—whereby a state and the federal government can each prosecute a person for the same crime, even where neither would be able to do so alone, and this case is challenging that exception with the argument that it violates the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution.

Double Jeopardy is bad, right? Why and how did this exception come to be? Why do Democrats seem to fear the dual-sovereignty exception being ruled Unconstitutional? Is it because they're banking on some supposed State charges against Manafort and other Trump people from getting in the way of Trump's ability to Pardon some of these folks?

Savor this: http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-c...46-opinion-below.pdf

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
A week is a short amount of time to launch and complete an investigation...any idea as to how many agents will be involved in order to accomplish this task?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
A week is a short amount of time to launch and complete an investigation...any idea as to how many agents will be involved in order to accomplish this task?

Well, all they really have to do is meet and interview all of the witnesses, all of whom have already given statements under penalty of felony. Those this is effectively going to be a xerox exercise. Should be 10 minute interviews.

The FBI did say the timing would depend on the schedules and availability of the witnesses though. So how available will Ford be? Amazing that her lawyers are making demands about how the FBI will proceed with this background investigation. Insane arrogance.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I’d be happy they could keep hysterical protesters out of the Senate.

This is one thing that has puzzled me; that these feminist commie protestors have all-access backstage passes for all of this shit.

I'm nowhere near as important as a Senator, but I'm awfully glad the doors on my shop stay locked. I don't need hecklers around while I'm doing MY job.

"Time and place for everything," it is said. Want to protest? Do that outside, perhaps, but don't get in the way of people who are actually attempting to do their jobs. There's a difference between protesting and interfering.

God bless America.

Posts: 13579 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:

Well, all they really have to do is meet and interview all of the witnesses, all of whom have already given statements under penalty of felony. Those this is effectively going to be a xerox exercise. Should be 10 minute interviews.

The FBI did say the timing would depend on the schedules and availability of the witnesses though. So how available will Ford be? Amazing that her lawyers are making demands about how the FBI will proceed with this background investigation. Insane arrogance.

I have to laugh at this. One week - Ford will not cooperate. The FBI can’t take a dump in one week. Swalwell is already referring to a thorough investigation. He doesn’t mean 1 week. Nor do the Dem senators regardless of what any of them have said.

We’re going to just have to take a vote before the investigation completes - which will look worse than doing so early next week without one. I hope to be proven wrong.

Our Senators are so dumb. They’ve learned nothing from Trump except maybe Graham.

Posts: 3963 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

The only thing that the Democrats are striving for is TIME. To kick this bullshit down the fuckin street as far and as long as possible.

It is the 4th quarter with 2 minutes on the clock. And they're using up their timeouts.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^^

The only thing that the Democrats are striving for is TIME. To kick this bullshit down the fuckin street as far and as long as possible.

It is the 4th quarter with 2 minutes on the clock. And they're using up their timeouts.

Until they can be sure of all of their votes, there is no way to cut it off. McConnell has to run the table. If he makes any of them mad, or seems unreasonable on any subsequent proposals, they lose.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to laugh at this. One week - Ford will not cooperate.

This is the biggest thing to watch for. It will be very easy to make a witness unavailable for a week. Then what do you do? There is NO WAY there will be a vote during an "active investigation."

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to be positive about these latest developments, as Para has requested. Not just to comply with him, but because I think he is right about the need to be strong and positive. But I have changed my mind about anything good coming from further FBI investigation. Nothing good will come of that.

There will only be more allegations, more demands for further investigations. And if that happens, the anger that is widespread now among supporters of Kavanaugh will turn to anger at the Republicans, and the sense that they are utterly weak and hopeless.

Grassley needs to call the vote. If Kavanaugh goes down, let the Republicans responsible face the anger. The voters will see Grassley and McConnell go down fighting, and that will stir up resolve in the midterms.

I think that strength and positivity at this point demand that the Democrats be stopped, and the vote called.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11123 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Trump didn’t ask for a WHOLE new investigation. He said renew the background check.

They have all the statements / evidence (or lack thereof) from the Judiciary committee. Honestly if people don’t make themselves available, McConnell has all the get out of jail free he needs to point delay delay obstruction. Many already sworn under oath or penalty of perjury.

Or maybe we should take all the members who still weary tightly whiteys underwear and fashion a large flag...?

Yeah our side has fucked up, but they made the mistake of thinking the Left would stick to some form of organizational norms. Now the gloves are off. We may not see it, but Ol Mitch didn’t get where he did by getting nothing done.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post