SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
It's time for the Republicans to run straight through the Democrats and get Kavanaugh confirmed. The Dems will never be happy with anyone Trump nominates for the Supreme Court. If the shoe were on the other foot and Harry Reid were still in charge of things, you can be that he and the other Democrats would run all over the Republicans. This is one time I am optimistic that Mitch McConnell will rise to the occasion and get this deal done.

You have to be awfully sure of the votes. All it takes is one to, pardon me, flake out. No one can predict what antics may be pulled between now and a vote. No margin for error!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Dr. Ford has indicated to Republicans she doesn't want to fly, in part revealing why she doesn't want the hearing to be on Monday.

Maybe Soros can fly her on his Jet.

Take the vote and move on.

Posts: 2085 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Dems know what's going to happen. They know that they're going to fail.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
Dr. Ford has indicated to Republicans she doesn't want to fly, in part revealing why she doesn't want the hearing to be on Monday.

I’m not sure she ever planned for it to get this far and she’d have to testify before Congress. I bet the Dems plotting all this with her had assured her she would never be summoned and when her bluff was called, she freaked the hell out. To me that explains the long silences and all these ridiculous demands now.

Posts: 34072 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Also, this fucking twat is by now certainly aware that Kavanaugh said he wants to meet this head-on, that he has hired a top-notch defamation lawyer.

Come play in our yard, you fucking cunt. Come on, bitch. Open your fucking mouth under oath. You don't want to fly? Horse shit. Just who in the fuck do you think you're fooling? Huh?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A modern woman like her? Dosen't want to fly? I thought liberated women like her were up for anything. Is she "woke" or not? Maybe she is trying to find a dress to cover her ankles for the long train ride east. I hear Indian country can get dangerous.

Tell her to put on her pink pussy hat and show up at SFO for a flight to Washington DC. Plane leaves in an hour. Trump should send his limo. Or better yet Mr. President, send Air Force One.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Great Unblinking Eye

I tell people- be careful. Be careful what you say and do on the public stage, lest the Great Unblinking Eye turn to you and change your life.

Step right up, Stupid. Go ahead.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Does Kavanaugh have any recourse against the media people calling him a rapist ? Defamation of character or just plain old lies ?

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Doesn't want to fly? Ha ha ha. Your bluff has been called. Game over, asshole.

Q

Posts: 26779 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought I read that they offered to let her testify via phone call?

Wouldn't even have to put on pants.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:

Wouldn't even have to put on pants.

www.gotomeeting.com

Sign her up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

I don't see it playing well in the West Virginia or Montana Senate races.

It shouldn't play well at all, but I suspect some Republican voters are unable - or unwilling - to associate their Senator with Schumer, Feinstein, and all the other dipshit liberals (but I repeat myself).

I was just visiting family in western MD and saw a re-elect Joe Manchin commercial where he fired a shotgun to prove he's one of them. The GOP needs to make campaign ads making it real clear that a vote for - insert name of any Demokrat Senator in a red state - is a vote for Chuck U Schumer.

Posts: 15934 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gee... I'm starting to get the impression that she doesn't really want to testify, under oath, subject to cross-examination and under penalty of perjury?
Big Grin
Take the vote!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24272 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
doesn't want to fly? I'll bet there are all kinds of pics of her in exotic destinations reached by airplane. I guess DC is not where she wants to fly and lie.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
So let me see if I have this correct; she doesn't know when "it" happened, what time, where, and the one "witness" claims it did not happen. And she wants the FBI to investigate this instead of local police? And she keeps on delaying all efforts, now claiming she can't fly on planes? And this is all the Democrats can muster?

It is astounding that the nation is taking this 100% shitshow even semi-seriously. What a crazy mixed up world.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I was watching Tucker the other night and he had a lady colleague of Brett Kavanaugh on and he was asking her about how she thought he would respond in testimony. She said that Brett Kavanaugh much prefers to be on offense than on defense. I can't wait to hear what he has to say.

I really hope Chuck Grassley holds to the end of today as being the deadline for the accuser to decide if she will testify or not no later than Wednesday. I believe he will.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's frustrating that the Republicans are letting something like this stall the confirmation process. But it will eventually happen I'm sure.

What I really really want to see is punishment for this whole thing. I hope they go after Ford, her lawyers, her handlers, and anyone else associated with this mess. A clear message sent that this type of behavior will no longer stand.

Will that happen? Who knows. But at a minimum, may these people never get a moments peace ever again.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's frustrating that the Republicans are letting something like this stall the confirmation process. But it will eventually happen I'm sure.

What I really really want to see is punishment for this whole thing. I hope they go after Ford, her lawyers, her handlers, and anyone else associated with this mess. A clear message sent that this type of behavior will no longer stand.

Will that happen? Who knows. But at a minimum, may these people never get a moments peace ever again.

This is all about a few weak kneed RINOs - Murkowski, Flake, and in particular Collins.

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

This is all about a few weak kneed RINOs - Murkowski, Flake, and in particular Collins.

I think even they are now becoming disgusted by this donkey show by the Democrats. Kavanaugh after all is considered an establishment guy. And they know he has an unimpeachable record and an infallible character. They must be pretty dismayed to see this happening to him. I would hope so anyway

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

And offered to fly whoever out to California to take her testimony.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post