SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Republicans need to understand that this type of treatment will happen to any conservative nominee from President Trump.

Brett Kavanaugh is about as squeaky clean as you can get.

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Time for Grassley to call the committee into session and vote.

Enough games. The longer this goes on the more the leftists can make of it. The weekend will give the fascists WAY to much time to pontificate and scheme. Get it over and move on to the next shiny object.

IF the left manages to derail this OVER qualified candidate there will never be another conservative justice appointed to the court ever again.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So Ed Wehlan presented his evidence, via twitter, and while compelling, really fucked up in his presentation.

link

He ended up deleting the whole thread and apologizing for it and the contents. Not apologizing for what it proves but for implicating others without direct evidence.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
The more this becomes about Ford, the better it is for Kavanaugh.

Ms. Blasey Ford was a popular figure on the Dewey Beach bar scene....

https://www.washingtontimes.co...d-dewey-beach-bar-s/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Getting real tired of the “nothing to gain” line as some sort of “proof” that she is telling the truth.

Media attention, Book deal, status, $$$... regardless of the outcome. If it were to actually block the appointment she would be the darling of the resist movement and cash in even more, no “nothing to gain” here... Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10952 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
National Review
Michael W. Schwartz

Regardless of the fate of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination, the Senate should censure the ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee, Dianne Feinstein. Her deception and maneuvering, condemned across the political spectrum, seriously interfered with the Senate’s performance of its constitutional duty to review judicial nominations, and unquestionably has brought the Senate into “dishonor and disrepute,” the standard that governs these matters. As a matter of institutional integrity, the Senate cannot let this wrong go unaddressed.

Requested by the Senate Judiciary Committee, the infamous letter from Blassey-Ford has not been turned over by Feinstein.

Posts: 13301 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
She is a liar. Period. She actually does a disservice to real victims of abuse. Like the charge of racism I will no longer believe ANY charge of abuse. Show me video or shut up.

She is a leftist SJW intent on damaging an honorable man just because she hates this country and what it stands for. Ignore her and vote.

Feinstein will get hers. She sees the writing on the wall. If there is one thing a leftist fears the most it is the loss of power. It's like a drug to them. She will be replaced by a younger more American hating leftist and she knows it. And it is driving her crazy.

I don't care who replaces her, when she loses her power it will be like a death sentence for her.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Republicans need to understand that this type of treatment will happen to any conservative nominee from President Trump.

Yep, whether is be a man or woman.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
So Ed Wehlan presented his evidence, via twitter, and while compelling, really fucked up in his presentation.

link

He ended up deleting the whole thread and apologizing for it and the contents. Not apologizing for what it proves but for implicating others without direct evidence.

It seened to me that Whelan drew inferences from available allegations. He must have learned where the others lived. He had the vague description “close to the club.” These aren’t proof directly, of course, but a plausible explanation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Has the redacted version of the letter been made public? If it has I missed it.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

link

Ed Whelan is an idiot...I would not be surprised if this mornings event's involved a brief phone chat with Mr. Garrett's attorney.

Posts: 6064 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Yep, whether is be a man or woman.

It'll be comical to see them chasing their tails when his next nominee, a woman, happens.

Are they going to accuse her of being amoral abusive slut? Now that would be entertaining to watch.

I have no idea if it was planned this way, but nevertheless, it is brilliant to have not nominated the woman this time and waited with her. Let the commies expend all of their ammo and when Ginsburg buys the farm their true nature will become apparent to everyone.

BTW, I hope to God that she does testify as I CAN'T WAIT to see Ted Cruz tear her a new one. Big Grin

Posts: 20129 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump:

Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a fine man, with an impeccable reputation, who is under assault by radical left wing politicians who don’t want to know the answers, they just want to destroy and delay. Facts don’t matter. I go through this with them every single day in D.C.

Mitch McConnell:

“President Trump has nominated a stunningly successful individual.”

“You’ve watched the fight. You’ve watched the tactics. But here’s what I want to tell you: in the very near future, Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court,”

“So my friends, keep the faith. Don’t be rattled by all of this. We’re going to plow right through it and do our jobs,”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...naugh-supreme-court/

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Anyone who ever attended a pool party during the 1980's, that had anyone there of high school age in Maryland or adjoining states, should inundate local authorities with witness reports.

See what they could glean from several hundred thousand reports.

Posts: 7478 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Getting real tired of the “nothing to gain” line as some sort of “proof” that she is telling the truth.

Media attention, Book deal, status, $$$... regardless of the outcome. If it were to actually block the appointment she would be the darling of the resist movement and cash in even more, no “nothing to gain” here... Roll Eyes

Already gained over $209,000.00

https://www.gofundme.com/to-co...fords-security-costs

Raised by 6,658 people in 2 days

Posts: 12732 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A one-minute video of Justice Scalia’s SCOTUS confirmation hearing. Such events were more civil in days gone by.

www.c-span.org/video/?c4662345/scalia-pipe-smoking

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9001 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Enough games. The longer this goes on the more the leftists can make of it. The weekend will give the fascists WAY to much time to pontificate and scheme.

Now... (after the deadline) the GOP is making a counter-offer to let her testify on Wednesday... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The media needs to stop talking about this like it actually happened. It didn't. There was no assault, at least not involving Judge Kavanaugh. She could have been raped by the entire football team but guess what? I don't give a shit. It didn't involve Judge Kavanaugh.

The more the left cries wolf the less I give a shit.

Someone needs to start a hashtag vote now or something. Get on with it. Stop pandering to liars.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Enough games. The longer this goes on the more the leftists can make of it. The weekend will give the fascists WAY to much time to pontificate and scheme.

Now... (after the deadline) the GOP is making a counter-offer to let her testify on Wednesday... Roll Eyes

Cowardice.

It's embarrassing to watch.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What the republicans fail to realize is that waiting gains nothing but loses everything.

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” They need to go on the offense. For once.

Rip the bandaid off. Vote. In a week this will all be forgotten for the next big made up scandal.

Fucking cowards. I HATE cowards.

A question. Since the vote was scheduled and the leftists already got their week delay as per the rules, can Grassley schedule the vote for whenever he wants now? Or do they have to repeat the process again?