SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
...avoid impropriety or the appearance of impropriety.

So....vigorously defending your family, yourself, and your good name against vile, absurd, baseless accusations gives the "appearance of impropriety" to her?

Remind me when she runs again. I will donate to her opponent.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Murkowski is trash. The people of AK who voted for her should be ashamed.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Given the circumstances of her original appointment, the state should be ashamed of her presence in the Senate.

Posts: 2506 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

She was defeated in the primary but still ran in the general as a write in against the Tea Party candidate who beat her. The Democrats voted her in. Makes sense now doesn’t it?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Murkowski repeated that she will be a "no today and a no tomorrow," but said her vote will be recorded as "present" as a courtesy to cancel out the absence of GOP Sen. Steve Daines.

Man I hope not even a single protester shows up at the wedding. That young lady doesn't deserve it. I wish some group like the patriot riders would show up and completely block the place off.

mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Murkowski repeated that she will be a "no today and a no tomorrow," but said her vote will be recorded as "present" as a courtesy to cancel out the absence of GOP Sen. Steve Daines. Daines is flying to Montana to attend his daughter's wedding.

"This will not change the outcome," Murkowski said.

In the old days, the Senate had a practice of “pairing” where by a Senator who intended to vote one way would agree with a Senator who intended to vote the other way to pair, neither would vote, so that one or both need not be present. A courtesy, a convenience.

I haven’t heard of its use in many years.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Seeing how much he likes beer I thought I’d open a bottle of my favorite beer, even though it’s not American. St. Bernardus Abt 12.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
As I retire for the night, I fervently pray that I awake in the morning to the news that due the pending confirmation of Kavanaugh old Ruthie has stroked out..... and we shall have this charade to play over again.

I can handle it!!!

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Pale Horse --

St. Bernardis Abt is my favorite as well. An excellent idea... gonna get me a bottle tomorrow and toast the confirmation count when (and if) it happens.

I even have the same glass!

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
His speech at the hearing may have turned the midterms...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
“Ruth Ginsberg to the black courtesy telephone please...Ruth Ginsberg”.

Big Grin

Sorry, she can't come to the phone. She's dead. Has been for some time now.

Would you like to speak to her successor, Justice Amy Coney Barrett? Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6461 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
As I retire for the night, I fervently pray that I awake in the morning to the news that due the pending confirmation of Kavanaugh old Ruthie has stroked out..... and we shall have this charade to play over again.

I can handle it!!!

EasyFire
Oh, the EPIC WAILING would be heard all over the country and would be music to my ears!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big win for the good guys today! Hopefully Ruthie takes a permanent nap within the next six years of Trump’s presidency so he can appoint another one.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5190 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2015 State of the Union speech.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Murkowski thought Brett Kavanaugh couldn't be nonpartisan, but

Justice Elena Kagan: Starting with Justice O’Connor and continuing with Justice Kennedy, there has been a person who, er, found the center, who people couldn’t predict in that sort of way. … It’s not so clear that, you know, I think going forward, that sort of middle position — you know, it’s not so clear whether we’ll have it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...anaugh-vote-n2525921

Planned Parenthood turned on their former ally Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) Friday after she announced that she will be voting to confirm President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh despite the eleventh hour sexual misconduct allegations against him.

The nation’s largest abortion provider declared that Collins can “no longer call herself a women’s rights champion” due to her decision.

Planned Parenthood’s “youth squad” even declared that the vote announcement was a “betrayal of people everywhere.”

Planned Parenthood has heavily praised Sen. Collins in the past due to her status as a self-declared “pro-choice” Republican, particularly when she voted against the skinny repeal of Obamacare in July 2017. In her explanation of her vote, Collins specifically cited the need to protect Planned Parenthood funding.

Planned Parenthood is pushing for Supreme Court nominees to affirm Roe v. Wade rather than simply regarding it as settled precedent as nominees have done in the past.

They also threatened Thursday to come after the senators who voted to confirm Kavanaugh.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I can't go so far as to wish for the immediate demise of RBG, but would not be unhappy for President Trump to have the opportunity to appoint yet another Supreme Court Justice. I suspect it will happen.

And yes, the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth will be epic! (Must lay in more popcorn....)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Retirement would do the trick.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There hasn’t been much to admire from Senator Susan Collins. Glad to see that’s changed. Great speech from the Senate floor. Game. Set. Match.

Posts: 13381 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
“Ruth Ginsberg to the black courtesy telephone please...Ruth Ginsberg”.

Big Grin

This fight was epic. Even bigger than the fight for Clarence Thomas.
Let's take a breather first! Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Graham was on a show recently (don’t know which, it was on a replay on the radio), where he said Kavanaugh was treated like crap. The audience started to boo him, he broke in and told them to go boo themselves. He has really started to come around, I am finding new found respect for him.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post