SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gosh, what happened to Russia, Russia, Russia!

The Commie News Network is gonna have a hard time working up the enthusiasm to go back to that tired old shit.

I think it was Gutfeld on Fox last night said something similar. "Stinks the other networks are just going to go back to all the tired Russia nonsense once Kavanaugh gets confirmed."

Collins speech today was much stronger than I expected her to be. You could tell where she was going early on but man she just kept rolling. #winning

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
One Ingraham is worth 100 Palins.

Hey... we agree! Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
“Ruth Ginsberg to the black courtesy telephone please...Ruth Ginsberg”.

Big Grin

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No pics because Photobucket is OUT Frown but pre-celebration sipping on some Macallan single malt as I tend some fresh caught Trout on the Big Green Egg.
The best I can do for now.

Posts: 23026 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11020 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Just don't lead them as much.

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
If I had the skills I’d take the helicopter door gunner scene from Full Metal Jacket, put Trump’s head on the gunner and replace the running Vietnamese people with dem senators. Big Grin

Posts: 1998 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Self-devouring haiku

As I sit, musing
Comes a frenzied Democrat
Chewing off their limbs

I like it, but the "number" is inconsistent. Perhaps

As I sit, musing
Come some frenzied Democrats
Chewing off their limbs

?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Just don't lead them as much.

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
If I had the skills I’d take the helicopter door gunner scene from Full Metal Jacket, put Trump’s head on the gunner and replace the running Vietnamese people with dem senators. Big Grin

"Get Some"

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Nice quote from Jim Geraghty of NR:

quote:
It backfired, guys. There was a time when conservatives thought of the old guard, people like Orrin Hatch and Chuck Grassley, as decorum-obsessed squishes, with no stomach for a real fight. No more. You guys turned Lindsey Graham into a honey badger and Susan Collins into Margaret Thatcher.

This has been an ugly, nasty, vicious couple of weeks in American politics. I don’t expect anybody over on the other side to recognize that their tactics were morally wrong. But I do expect them to recognize that their tactics didn’t work.

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
just watched Murkowski give a speech on the senate floor.

She is absurd. She said she concluded Kavanaugh wouldn't overturn Roe, wouldn't challenge the special status of Alaskan Indians. He was a good man with a good record.

BUT given the way he acted in the hearing, she felt he did not meet her high standards where a judge has to act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence.

She said even though he was being accused of horrific allegations, and the DEMs were against him from the very beginning, he didn't show he could be independent, nonpartisan, fair and balanced.

She said the Judicial branch was the only branch of govt that was still respected by the public and we need to maintain and build that confidence.

In her conscience she couldn't conclude he is the right person for the court at this time.

beyond pathetic

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Love the expression on the hag in back...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11020 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
How quickly can she be recalled?

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
just watched Murkowski give a speech on the senate floor.

She is absurd. She said she concluded Kavanaugh wouldn't overturn Roe, wouldn't challenge the special status of Alaskan Indians. He was a good man with a good record.

BUT given the way he acted in the hearing, she felt he did not meet her high standards where a judge has to act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence.

She said even though he was being accused of horrific allegations, and the DEMs were against him from the very beginning, he didn't show he could be independent, nonpartisan, fair and balanced.

She said the Judicial branch was the only branch of govt that was still respected by the public and we need to maintain and build that confidence.

In her conscience she couldn't conclude he is the right person for the court at this time.

beyond pathetic
Yep, just pouring on the stupid from her initial moronic comments. Hopefully this has ended her political career.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
"Kavanaugh" (a parody of Van Halen's "Panama")

"Kavanaugh" set to Van Halen's "Panama". It's been in my head for a couple days. Reddit's The_Donald delivered.

It doesn't seem to be on Youtube. Not surprised. Youtube is run by the fine young fascists at Google.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Fox has reported a couple times that Manchin told the WH this morning that he would vote Yes.

If that was true, it was a lock once they got Flake.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

It was from the Babylon Bee, a satire site.

Link
So FAKE NEWS. Thanks.

Not fake news...just comedy.[/QUOTE]That's not how rduckwor presented it, nor did he claim it was comedy when asked for a source.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Chinga la chingadera, boys, just enjoy the victory today and the prospect of another one as early as tomorrow!

As for Lisa Murkowski, well, the only thing worse than a hard choice is trying to have it both ways and pissing off both sides. Bet she moves to Seattle.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Interesting if he did tell the WH.

I didn't watch Collins's speach but I have read a few synopsis of it. It was well done. Contrast that with Murkowski's. It's the typical logical vs. illogical/conservative vs. leftist. One lays out facts, they other screams "just because!"

And I'm still not counting Flake as a yes until he votes, but thankfully he isn't needed any more.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Interesting if he did tell the WH.

Sarah Sanders confirmed he did. When asked about Collins, she said she didn't call, but they assumed she only would if she was gonna vote no.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more on Murkowski

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-n...-10-05-live-updates/

Murkowski repeated that she will be a "no today and a no tomorrow," but said her vote will be recorded as "present" as a courtesy to cancel out the absence of GOP Sen. Steve Daines. Daines is flying to Montana to attend his daughter's wedding.

"This will not change the outcome," Murkowski said.

this may have been before it was publicly known Manchin would vote yes

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the sole Republican who said she will vote against Kavanaugh, said on the Senate floor Friday evening that she had been "leaning toward" confirming Kavanaugh. But she said "I take this obligation that we have in the role of advice and consent as seriously as anything I am obligated -- and privileged -- to be able to vote on."

She read from the juridical conduct code about how a judge should avoid impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. "It is really high that a judge shall act all times -- not just sometimes when you are wearing your robe -- that a judge should act all times in a matter that promotes public confidence," she said.

Murkowski said she did not think Kavanaugh would vote to end Roe v. Wade. She also said she did not think he would be a vote to end healthcare or endanger Alaskan natives.