SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Self-devouring haiku

As I sit, musing
Comes a frenzied Democrat
Chewing off their limbs

Ha! Love it, para! Well done.

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:

I might have a few friends over and we can make a drinking game of it.
Devil's Triangle? Wink

Posts: 5774 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been a chaotic past few weeks. I thank our leadership from top to bottom for seeing this through and getting us over the finish line.

Cheers to you, Justice Kavanaugh!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sr_Bull,

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
It's been a chaotic past few weeks. I thank our leadership from top to bottom for seeing this through and getting us over the finish line.

Cheers to you, Justice Kavanaugh!

You have the best looking P228 of all, sir. Cool

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
JALLEN, sceeming Schumer has been anti gun since as far back as I reminder. Knowing that K is a follower of president that would indicate he would not work to over turn the 2 Amendment. This put him in the sights of Schumer.

A few days ago, someone posted this from WaPo:

From WaPo:
"As Sen. Charles E. Schumer pondered the judicial nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh, the New York Democrat could barely contain his anger. He viewed the choice as “among the most political in history” and could not think of another nominee “more designed to divide us.”

Schumer was not talking about President Trump’s nomination of Kavanaugh to be a Supreme Court justice. It was 2004, and Schumer helped lead the Democrats’ questioning of Kavanaugh to move from the George W. Bush White House to a federal circuit judgeship. Schumer and his Democratic colleagues cast him as an extreme conservative and were so effective that they blocked Kavanaugh’s nomination for three years.“

Schumer would be against just about anyone Trump would nominate, but Kavanaugh drew his special wrath. Heh, heh, heh.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel that a pre-celebration-celebration is in order this evening....plus it is Friday. I believe that a taste of 1792 small batch bourbon will do the trick. Then, after the vote to confirm Bret to the Supreme Court tomorrow.....a bit of Knob Creek bourbon will fit in nicely. Hmmmm, but what to do after the swearing in by the Pres.....I will have to think about that one. My, but I DO love this winning thing!!!!!!!

Posts: 6644 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm not much for whiskey; maybe tomorrow I'll just smoke a cigarette. Was it good for you too?

Doc! Shame!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

You have the best looking P228 of all, sir. Cool

Thanks! An evening like this calls for pulling the BMW out of the garage!

Let the GDC's wallow in their liberal tears. This is a time worthy of celebrating our Republic, knowing that good has triumphed over evil.

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The massive understatement of the year is that the left turned this into massive shitshow. Glad this blew up in their face and hope it rebounds even worse in the election.

For now I'm going to enjoy a cask strength flight of delicious scotches (Kilchomon Original Cask Strength, Laphrioag Cask Strength, and Lagavulin 12).

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Schumer has been opposed to Judge Kavanaugh since 2005 at least.

If I were a Senator, that would be all I needed to know to vote for Justice Kavanaugh.

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
“Ruth Ginsberg to the black courtesy telephone please...Ruth Ginsberg”.

Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, no, it would only be fair to wait after the election. Razz

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sarah Palin's Tweet-

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

A few days ago, someone posted this from WaPo:

From WaPo:
"As Sen. Charles E. Schumer pondered the judicial nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh, the New York Democrat could barely contain his anger. Schumer would be against just about anyone Trump would nominate, but Kavanaugh drew his special wrath. Heh, heh, heh.

Smile

Posts: 15953 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gosh, what happened to Russia, Russia, Russia!

The Commie News Network is gonna have a hard time working up the enthusiasm to go back to that tired old shit.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Please Mr. President, it’s too much winning! Big Grin

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Sarah Palin's Tweet-

Laura Ingraham too....

Laura Ingraham
‏Verified account @IngrahamAngle

I like Alaska...a lot. Maybe it’s time to run for Senate after all. @lisamurkowski has abandoned all principles of due process and fairness. Disgraceful. “#ConfirmKavanaugh

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from work to skim this thread...I'm now pre-celebrating with a beer curiously called 'Devils's Backbone'
s.

Posts: 300 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I had to hold my breath and check out MSNBC...little Crissy Matthews is absolutely singing the song of his people Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
One Ingraham is worth 100 Palins.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post