SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
to repeat something that is real, President Trump has expanded the FBI review scope.

sounds like they won't be done today or tomorrow as Lindsey Graham thought.

President Trump is ok "as long as the review is finished by the end of the week"

The FBI should take all of the allotted time, one week. Otherwise the Dems will claim that the review wasn’t thorough. Of course, they’ll claim that anyway…

What the dems think is irrelevant. Only have to worry about those squishy Republicans. If the FBI report is thorough and complete, they have all the cover they need to vote yes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

What the dems think is irrelevant. Only have to worry about those squishy Republicans. If the FBI report is thorough and complete, they have all the cover they need to vote yes.

The God Damned Commie vote is largely fixed. All that needs to be done is to ask Flake, Collins and Merkowski what it will take, while the FBI spins around ineffectively. If those three say they will vote yes if President Trump dances Swan Lake in the Rose Garden in a pink tutu, then get it over with.

Maybe Merkowski had the hots for Joe Manchin, enough to want to avoid putting him in a no win situation. Who knows? The point is figure out what is gumming things up and make the deal.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The FBI is not going to be able to do the right thing here either way. The Dems are already whining the White House is limiting the investigation. If they find anything regardless how small the Dems will want to expand on it.

They would have done themselves much better if they got ahead of this thing early on and stated there is nothing more for them to do. They have completed the background checks and these accusations have nothing to do with a federal crime.

In addition there was a rape victim that called Limbaugh's show the other day. She was livid about Ford's story. She had been raped and the guy was still in prison. She claimed as a rape victim you remember every single detail. Unless your beaten to near death. She claimed Ford's memory is far to selective. She said Ford is either lying about what she remembers or she was lying about having only 1 beer.

But what really pissed her off was Fords claim of suffering from PTSD. She says she has PTSD and is getting professional help from her experience and went on to say you suffer from PTSD BECAUSE you remember everything and you relive the entire experience over and over every day.

It was quite the call she was livid and passionate for sure.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hey the FBI read all those emails in a weekend so this should be a snap for them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
“One of my few good traits”...
President Trump shows off his sense of humor while backslapping Dems.

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
As sdy mentioned, Trump has -- expanded-- the FBI probe. Think about that a second. The Democrats had immediately begun complaining that the FBI investigation should not be limited to a week, fully expecting, I would bet, that Trump would say something like "a week and not a day longer!" Instead, he agreed-- and said that he had authorized an expansion of the probe so that FBI can talk with anyone they deem relevant to the probe. So, might they, for instance, interview Diane Feinstein's staff regarding the leaked letter? Once you open up the probe, all sorts of interesting possibilities emerge.

Careful what you wish for, Democrat scum.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Now Maxine Waters is getting into bashing Brett Kavanugh demanding that Brett Kavanaugh reveal any treatment for alcohol abuse. Roll Eyes

I find this is great news when this bat shit crazy democrat decides to open her trap about him as it will further rally the republican base.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...t-for-alcohol-abuse/

Posts: 9777 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
As sdy mentioned, Trump has -- expanded-- the FBI probe. Think about that a second.

I'm thinking similarly. Trump has been very confident sounding about this probe.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This trash doesn't think the first thing about trying to ruin the man's life, or what kind of effect their disgusting, unscrupulous bullshit has on the man's wife and children.

I'll tell ya- if suddenly I had the power, I'd be publicly executing these commie ASSHOLES wholesale. You want to ignore the Constitution, you filth? OK, let's really ignore it!! Mad

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw some of the Trade-related press conference and a bit of news immediately following it on FOX, and some Democrat in DC was saying (paraphrasing): "we demand the FBI interview these 23 people". Who are these 23 people?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
My gaze into the tea leaves,

The FBI did interviews w Mark Judge, PJ, Keyser, and accuser Ramirez (related to Yale)

They were ready to wrap up.

reacting to DEM complaints, President Trump opened up the scope of the interviews to include other people (such as Julie Swetnick)

BUT President Trump is holding to the one week time limit

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Georgetown professor says white GOP senators ‘deserve miserable deaths’ after Kavanaugh hearing

https://www.foxnews.com/us/geo...er-kavanaugh-hearing

An anti-Trump professor at Georgetown University is taking heat for a tweet saying white Republican senators who were at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's hearing Friday should be castrated and endure a miserable death.

Dr. Carol Christine Fair, an associate professor in the Security Studies Program at Georgetown, said white Republican senators, specifically Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, who defended Kavanaugh in a fiery speech, “deserve miserable deaths." Fair went on to say in her Saturday message that the living should “castrate their corpses and feed them to swine."

“Look at [this] chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist’s arrogated entitlement,” she wrote. “All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes.”

(((Christine Fair)))

@CChristineFair

Look at thus chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist's arrogated entitlement.
All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes.
Josh Marshall

@joshtpm

Lindsey Graham's tirade pic.twitter.com/USzfSTiau1
3:54 PM - Sep 29, 2018

3,155 people are talking about this

The week before, Fair went on a profanity-laced Twitter tirade against Kavanaugh, calling the embattled nominee a “rapist” and “perjurer.” She described the GOP as a “f---ing death cult” and “filthy swine.”

One Georgetown student pointed out the oldest Catholic university in America would not recruit students with this kind of behavior in their online portfolio, and it makes no sense coming from a distinguished professor, either.

“I don’t think people that Georgetown actually employs should be held to a significantly lower standard,” one student told Campus Reform, “And clearly, any of her students that see this rant are going to feel threatened if they have opinions that differ from hers.”

A Georgetown University spokesperson told Fox News the views of faculty members expressed in their private capacities are their own and not the views of the university.

"Our policy does not prohibit speech based on the person presenting ideas or the content of those ideas, even when those ideas may be difficult, controversial or objectionable,” the statement said. “While faculty members may exercise freedom of speech, we expect that their classrooms and interaction with students be free of bias and geared toward thoughtful, respectful dialogue."

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
So, might they, for instance, interview Diane Feinstein's staff regarding the leaked letter? Once you open up the probe, all sorts of interesting possibilities emerge.

A letter from Feinstein to the WH and FBI, asking for "additional names" in the investigation to be provided to her. I guess she wants a heads-up.

https://www.feinstein.senate.g...49-A690-C9DC42F4152F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am confident the White House and FBI read the tea leaves loooong before the decision to re-open the background. The FBI was saddled up, fully informed, and ready to ride on this before the word came down.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:...
A letter from Feinstein to the WH and FBI, asking for "additional names" in the investigation to be provided to her. I guess she wants a heads-up....

Maybe she just wants to be sure they address her as "Senator" and not "Ma'am", cuz like Barbara Boxer, she worked so hard to get that title...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The point is figure out what is gumming things up and make the deal.
Then have a mercenary group bury all three of them "in unmarked graves out past Terlingua".

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While reading the latest here, the NBC Nightly news came on and their ridiculous and uh, biased bullshit reporting just totally disgusted me. Just had to throw that out.....

Posts: 427 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This cartoon clip, once a funny parody, is actually closer to the truth in regards to today's current events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...nue=63&v=m-vuVjiF8Jk

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This trash doesn't think the first thing about trying to ruin the man's life, or what kind of effect their disgusting, unscrupulous bullshit has on the man's wife and children.

I'll tell ya- if suddenly I had the power, I'd be publicly executing these commie ASSHOLES wholesale. You want to ignore the Constitution, you filth? OK, let's really ignore it!! Mad

Don't forget the heads on a pike. They need to serve as a warning to future turds. Getting mileage out of the effort and all........

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NBC interview w Julia Swetnick

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/wa...-nbc-news-interview/

I'll just post the last paragraph of the article:

She provided four names to NBC News that she said could confirm her descriptions of the parties in the 1980s.

NBC News contacted all four: one said they did not remember a Julie Swetnick, one was dead, and two did not respond

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post