SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The issue of her family has been noted by a number of bloggers.

She has 2 brothers who are lawyers in the DC area. I think her parents still live in the house where she lived in 1982. (Although the house is now listed as owned by the Blasey Family Trust)

Her parents and brothers did not sign the "family" letter of support.

Her parents have been described as Republicans.

From Wash Post:

"She didn't always get along with her parents because of differing political views"

"It was a very male-dominated environment. Everyone was interested in what's going on with the men, and the women are sidelined, and she didn't get the attention or respect she felt she deserved. That's why she was in California, to get away from the D.C. scene"

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.0d74ae8ecc55

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Her husband did not attend the hearing. He stayed in CA w the kids.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Perhaps she "identifies as a sexual assault victim", similar to that goofy Dolezal girl...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Dershowitz seemed to be suggesting some F. Lee Bailey type to browbeat this woman into confessing that she made the whole thing up.

Dershowitz went so far as to call Rachel Mitchell's performance "incompetent," on Hannity I believe. I think that was very harsh and inappropriate for him to do that.

Posts: 7353 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Mrs Ford is certainly doing her part to solidify many people's notions of Boulder. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rush Limbaugh today told what happened to Sen Flake last Thursday. Two (2) women cornered him in an elevator and turned the little wimp in minutes to ask for a investigation, and CCN just happened to be there to tape it, yes just happened too be there. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Rush Limbaugh today told what happened to Sen Flake last Thursday. Two (2) women cornered him in an elevator and turned the little wimp in minutes to ask for a investigation, and CCN just happened to be there to tape it, yes just happened too be there. Roll Eyes

Both are part of a heavily-Soros-funded liberal women's group. A total setup.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Mrs Ford is certainly doing her part to solidify many people's notions of Boulder. Smile
Bitch crazy

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:... A total setup.

I watched it during the live broadcast, and it looked staged to me.

Flake's actions since that time, confirmed that to me.

I choose to believe, he set the thing up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you ask me she's psycho.

Yep, and awarded a degree in it to boot.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3795 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
What if she made this up several years ago as her husband and some friends say? Not to keep him off the supreme court of course but maybe she made the assault up years ago as a way to get attention and sympathy. She certainly wouldn't be the first person to lie about a traumatic event for those reasons. Especially during couples counseling.

She knew Brett Kavanaugh in high school and might have known that he had some status. She could have picked his name out of the air under the assumption that it was safe. That she would never see him again and nobody she knew would likely ever meet him in person. It might not have been personal, just the first name she thought of. But then he gets nominated to SCOTUS and her friends and husband pressure her into speaking out and she feels like she has to in order to maintain the lie. She tries to keep it confidential, not understanding of course that the people she was talking to don't give a damn about her and would never keep something like this a secret.

Not as if it matters of course but it was just a thought I had.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In other words, Republicans are more cognizant of the fact that we might be being sold a pack of lies, while Democrat voters don't even consider that possibility.
D

Democrats vote based on their feelings

Posts: 1474 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
A number of people have described Ford's behavior as "sociopathic"; but if you think of Bill Clinton as a prime example, I believe she doesn't fit.

Any psychiatrists on the forum?
How about "histrionic personality disorder", previously described as "hysteria"?

From my psych rotation of many years ago, these were flirtatious women, often sexually promiscuous, dressed flamboyantly and seeking attention. I don't know what these women look or sound like when they get older.

From WebMD:

quote:
Histrionic Personality Disorder
Histrionic personality disorder is one of a group of conditions called "Cluster B" or "dramatic" personality disorders. People with these disorders have intense, unstable emotions and distorted self-images. For people with histrionic personality disorder, their self-esteem depends on the approval of others and does not arise from a true feeling of self-worth. They have an overwhelming desire to be noticed, and often behave dramatically or inappropriately to get attention. The word histrionic means "dramatic or theatrical."

This disorder is more common in women than in men and usually is evident by adolescence or early adulthood.

What Are the Symptoms of Histrionic Personality Disorder?

In many cases, people with histrionic personality disorder have good social skills; however, they tend to use these skills to manipulate others so that they can be the center of attention.

A person with this disorder might also:

Be uncomfortable unless he or she is the center of attention
Dress provocatively and/or exhibit inappropriately seductive or flirtatious behavior
Shift emotions rapidly
Act very dramatically, as though performing before an audience, with exaggerated emotions and expressions, yet appears to lack sincerity
Be overly concerned with physical appearance
Constantly seek reassurance or approval
Be gullible and easily influenced by others
Be excessively sensitive to criticism or disapproval
Have a low tolerance for frustration and be easily bored by routine, often beginning projects without finishing them or skipping from one event to another
Not think before acting
Make rash decisions
Be self-centered and rarely show concern for others
Have difficulty maintaining relationships, often seeming fake or shallow in their dealings with others
Threaten or attempt suicide to get attention

Posts: 18364 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of S_Cowgirl
posted Hide Post
This needs to be sent to every one you know. This circus is far different than most people have figured out. This is deep state, cia, MKULTRA BS. And the thing is, this woman probably was assaulted her entire life - but not by the boys at the Prep school or by Kavenaugh -- more than likely by her own family, which is why none of them want any part of it.
Check it out - http://themillenniumreport.com...ship-with-the-c-i-a/

Posts: 21 | Registered: October 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
McConnell just announced on the Senate floor that a vote would be taken this week.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And this time, let's just plow right through the obstructionist commie horse shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
What on earth is that link posted by S_Cowgirl trying to say?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of S_Cowgirl
posted Hide Post
I'll say one more thing - there should be no males voting Dem this midterm. The deep state extreme left has hijacked the entire party, and you heard Mazie Hirono. Y'all are supposed to shut up and take it. No men are safe. The #MeToo movement is bullying 101. No one has "innocent till proven guilty" as a protection any more.

I'll agree the RINOS and many of the corrupt R politicians have added to this, but the more I watch and read, the more I understand that we elected Donald "Chuck Norris" Trump to kick down doors and take names. He has nothing to lose, he's a billionaire many times over and he's the first guy in the oval office since Truman who will leave the white house poorer than when he went in.

Don't care that he's brash. Don't care that he's coarse. Don't care that he hooked up with a p*rn star, don't care don't care don't care. What I care about is he is the first guy we've had with that much power who is willing to go to the mat for us and kick Diane "Chinese Spy" Feinstein where the sun don't shine.

God Bless America. We sure as hell need it. WWG1WGA

Posts: 21 | Registered: October 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
What on earth is that link posted by S_Cowgirl trying to say?

Don’t get too yahoo’d up over that. There are several wild claims that are bogus or misunderstood, like the lawsuit foreclosing her parents home. There are no inferences to be drawn from that. It’s a tell that the article is suspect, not serious.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No one has mentioned that Dr. Ford is an avowed Leftist activist, as was documented in the (now deleted) social media of hers. I believe she also participated in several protests of President Trump.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
McConnell just announced on the Senate floor that a vote would be taken this week.

Let's 'get-r-done' old Mitchy-boy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post