SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not heard that her husband suggested BK. When they were remodeling their home, she demanded two separate front doors. At that point her husband suggested therapy. Doesn’t seemed to have helped, and she did get her two front doors...maybe it’s a California thing.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The simple response to these FBI traps is:
Senator, I only answer questions, the committee decides the how and who and when, that's the committee's decision to make, my preference on it is not material and I'm not going to comment either way.

That's basically what he said.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Do we think having 2 doors has anything to do with her not taking his last name?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
——-
I'm glad Kavanaugh gets a chance to tell his side and slam the leftists who destroyed his family. Unfortunately it will not change one single vote. The final tally next week will be the exact same tally if the vote were taken tonight. Or even last night.
——-

Only Flake’s vote counts on the committee, and even if committee doesn’t recommend BK, they can still send it to Senate floor for vote, in which case fence sitters Murkowski and Collins votes are the ones this circus show is for.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Wow...sounds like even Flake is pissed.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flake just hates Trump, and all things Trump.

I Drink & I Know Things

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

Good! He can't afford to lose Flake on the committee. Lindsey's address to his Republican colleagues was aimed at Flake.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Senators are reluctant to acknowledge this but Kavanaugh has been “investigated” by the FBI at least 6 times over the last 20 years for various clearances or confirmations, and came up with nothing about these extremely troubling if true accusations.

Is the FBI often incompetent? Always?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:
Only Flake’s vote counts on the committee, and even if committee doesn’t recommend BK, they can still send it to Senate floor for vote, in which case fence sitters Murkowski and Collins votes are the ones this circus show is for.

Oh I know. And both of them know EXACTLY how they are going to vote. They have been playing games so they do not piss off either side too soon. They know, and this farce won't change their vote one bit.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flake just hates Trump, and all things Trump.

Yes, but you could hear in his voice and tell by the way he shoved his mic to the side when he was finished that he was pissed at the Democrats.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
There's a Senator Crapo? How did I not know that??? Tat's cool.

And what the hell does Marie Harf add to any discussion? She has not made an insightful comment all afternoon.

Posts: 6070 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks.

I Drink & I Know Things

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I Drink & I Know Things

You and Kavanaugh! Big Grin

-rduckwor

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
How long is this hearing going to go?

Posts: 4024 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

I haven’t seen Flake. Did you mean Ben Sasse?

Posts: 13381 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

Yes, it was Sasse.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

I didn't see Flake either but I did see Sasse finishing of Crapo's time.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
DiFi looks like an even bigger piece of shit this afternoon than she did this morning. Didn't think that was possible.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hirono is a total bitch.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Was it Blumenthal that said if there is one lie then it is all lies?

That may get turned around re Dr Ford

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post