SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

It’s the promise of delay, the only thing that makes life worth living.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe in this case, but as a fellow Texan, you should know that the only thing that makes life worth living is "guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women" (Thanks to Waylon Jennings)

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just saw Jeff Flake (the real one): I thought his response was very noncommittal. "No resolving doubt"?
I thought Ted Cruz had just laid that to rest. Flake is an attorney?

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Durbin just admitted defeat in delaying the vote any longer

SUCK IT!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11020 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, my wife of 35 years is always screaming, “delay, delay, delay!” Maybe she’s a Dem after all Wink

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
What's Kennedy's angle?

Here is your chance to swear to God and country. And, Kavanaugh did. I wished he simply did answer with the emphatic no, no, and no, and be done with it, instead of what appeared to be scripted.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is there a video of Ted Cruz from today?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Well, thanks to my Tivo I just saw Lindsay Graham's response, and I have never seen anything like it in a Senate proceeding of any kind.
It's possible he could be reprimanded for being brutally honest.
Thank you Senator, thank you!!

Agreed. I've been a very frequent and vocal critic of Lindsey Graham, but that was spectacular. I got a little choked up watching it.

Ted Cruz:

It's nice to have Graham on our side...It's going to come down to Flake, Murkowski and Collins.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
judge judy would be all over ford no evidence at all he would definitely win a libel case Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
quote:
by JALLEN:

It’s the promise of delay, the only thing that makes life worth living.

Maybe in this case, but as a fellow Texan, you should know that the only thing that makes life worth living is "guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women" (Thanks to Waylon Jennings)

Sorry! You are talking to a life long, devout, talented and enthusiastic procrastinator.

I think that is all that is keeping me alive these days.

You will want to watch for my new book, available on Amazon.com, “The Power of Patient Procrastination” as soon as I get around to working on it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Kavanaugh's parents on the left. Wife behind him

there should be calls for Feinstein to resign from the committee

Who is the younger blonde on left between him and parents. She was very emotional the entire time.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12508 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I don’t think this went the way the dems planned. When Kavanaugh came out swinging, it opened the gate for the republicans to get off their butts.

Posts: 3251 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
What a day! It was pretty riveting and I watched way more than I planned on. History in the making and I hope it has a favorable outcome!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
I really like how Ted Cruz speaks. Good on him.
It was nice seeing Cornyn and Cruz get this shifted to Feinstein leaking.

Drat! I missed them. Hope it shows up on YouTube.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Flake is an attorney?

Nope.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is the younger blonde on left between him and parents. She was very emotional the entire time.

An old girlfriend, I think.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
What a day! It was pretty riveting and I watched way more than I planned on. History in the making and I hope it has a favorable outcome!

I practically watched the whole thing, and I'm glad I did. Kavanaugh’s opening statement was one for the ages.

Didn't accomplish a darn thing at work today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...ourt-nomination.html

Brian Fallon, a 2016 campaign adviser to Hillary Clinton :

“Saving the Supreme Court from Trump’s clutches has always involved a very complicated two-step: first, block Kavanaugh, then fight like hell to win back the Senate,”

“If Kavanaugh drops out, we’re halfway there. If Democrats are able to win back the Senate, we’d have a path to blocking Trump from picking any of the archconservatives on his shortlist.”

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Grassley had said the plan was that Rachel Mitchell would ask all the REP questions for both Ford and Kavanaugh.

I wonder if Kavanaugh's fiery, take it t'em, attitude caused Graham to call an "audible" and the rest of the REPs followed suit.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Proud of Graham. Very proud.

0:01

Posts: 4233 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

An old girlfriend, I think.

G R O A N !!!! LOL Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16327 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post