SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think they're being set up

what a perfect opportunity for the traitors to plant someone in the crowd to specifically cause a problem - all caught on camera and no doubt carried live

its what they want - us nasty old gun owners cannot be trusted

what better way than to exploit a gathering and cause a fight

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53073 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by Redstone
quote:
I am kinda bummed. My friends have all backed out. I could drive but we were all going to ride together.

Hey Redstone, don’t be bummed out. I understand why you would be but that’s what the Dems want. Northam and his evil enemies of liberty are doing everything they can to intimidate and convince 2A supporters not to show up. Do you think all the fences and “free speech zones” where people are disarmed is actually for pubic safety? Nah it’s all by design to lower enthusiasm and scare people from coming. This is to be expected. Don’t let it work. Hopefully our fine members here have contacted you already but if not maybe you can go with a few Sigforum members?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
I hope you are very wrong. However, if you are right then we are way beyond the ballot or the soap box.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think they're being set up

what a perfect opportunity for the traitors to plant someone in the crowd to specifically cause a problem - all caught on camera and no doubt carried live

its what they want - us nasty old gun owners cannot be trusted

what better way than to exploit a gathering and cause a fight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2179 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont believe this is a set up. I believe that this is what it always is with the left. Bluster, lies, doubling down and dissinformation.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Were I there, I'd place a sign on the fence that read, 'Arbeit Macht Frei'

As I recall, I saw that sign in its original installation!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to come, but traveling from Ohio is just not doable for me right now.

I can tell you though, any incident not initiated by a responsible gun owner (i.e. a crazy Dem, Antifa, etc.) that is used to take away the rights of Virginians could take this from a local state rally to a national shooting war.

I hope that nothing goes down. What a better way to give the finger to all of these losers than for everything to be fine (other than the massive crowds shutting down the area around the Capital).

Honesty, I see this taking the form/spirit of one of the President's rallies. Wouldn't that just frost the shit out of them? Everyone being polite to everyone, picking up after themselves and a booming roar by thousands of patriots...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, the Virginia Supreme Court just said they did not have enough information on the stay denied by the lower court to issue their own stay, so the Governor's illegal gun-ban on Capitol grounds is going to stand for this event.

So let's see: Virginia supreme court says they don't have enough information:

A blatantly unconstitutional issue/situation caused by the state government, including (as I understand it) authorization to come into homes and confiscate firearms with no trial or real legal basis/support.

I guess these idiots never heard of the U.S. CONSTITUTION!

Time for all these sanctuary counties and towns to secede and join W. Virginia!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am kinda bummed. My friends have all backed out. I could drive but we were all going to ride together.

Look at one of the busses or carpool deals VCDL has listed. I’m taking one of the out of Ashland.

I did I was able to get one of the last seats out of Lynchburg.

Excellent!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20742 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I will be attending.

from VCDL

from VCDL web site

https://vcdl.org/

Richmond weather forecast for Monday morning:

clear w temp 25 deg

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
A very long but excellent letter

To the VA General Assembly, from a Mass Shooting Survivor

Representatives of the Assembly,

I am currently not a part of nor a member of any activist group but rather a concerned Virginia citizen, retired physician, prior USAF officer and survivor of a mass shooting. I have some thoughts to share on the subject of gun-control if you would only be so kind as to read. Only by a miracle am I here to tell you my story.

It was a sunny afternoon in Spokane Washington 20 June, 1994. How quickly it seems some things change and others never do. I was seeing my last patient for the day in the flight surgeon’s office in the hospital annex at Fairchild AFB before going to my mandatory physical fitness training. It had been a typical Monday and I was ready to do my training, pick up my children from the base day care and go home.

The shooting actually began only a few short steps from my office door. In an explosive instant, my world was turned upside down, when the first gunshot abruptly and violently rang out shortly followed by the second. Then there was a brief momentary pause and the still, silent moments of uncertainty while I was trying to process what was going on. Little did I know the sounds I had heard were the individual reports from the muzzle of a gun and two of my friends and trusted colleagues had just been ruthlessly murdered. Both were shot in the mid chest, instantly severing their aortas.

I recall looking across my desk at my patient who suddenly appeared bewildered as we simultaneously asked each other “what was that”. There had been workers around the building entrances and it sounded like a steel door slamming shut but it was a just a little too loud. It would not be long before we would have our answer.

So much has happened to our country since that day. We are divided as a Nation along lines where truth is difficult to find and discussion has lost its reason being supplanted by emotional hostile verbal demeaning attacks on each other.

I have listened carefully to both sides of the gun control debate for years, weighing the legal and moral implications of proposed gun control measures. Occasionally, as I hear the angry bickering and accusations, I am taken back to that sunny Monday afternoon at Fairchild and the blood, the fear, chaos and the pain.

The sound of the report of the first two shots, echoing down the cinder block walls of the hallway, which killed my friends, will always be indelibly imprinted in my memory, the momentary pause and the bewilderment. But most of all, I remember the onset of the shocking reality as the killer’s third shot cleanly broke the silence and the unmistakable scream of a young female airman as she fell in a pool of her own blood just a short distance from my open office door. I am certain the gunman was trying to kill her too but his aim was off this time and instead the bullet hit her in the shoulder. I can’t recall if it was her right shoulder or her left. I only recall the sound of her terrorized and agonizingly painful scream, the blood and the horrific exit wound I saw once I was able to attend to her. That was just the beginning.

Before the killing spree could be stopped, the gunman was able to leave the hospital annex, cross the parking lot and enter the main hospital where I believe an additional 21 helpless victims would be hunted down and shot and 3 more would die not 2, as was commonly reported. That is if you consider the unborn child of a pregnant patient who miscarried as a result of being shot another casualty.

Still here we are 25 years later after many other such events, some much worse, and with angry voices bickering over “gun rights”. So you see, I perfectly understand how it sounds to hear the voices of gun rights activists and conservative politicians sending their “thoughts and prayers” and then angrily complain that gun control measures are an “infringement on their rights”. I also hear the voices of the gun control advocates in response screaming “hypocrites” and pointing an angry finger at the gun lobby and gun manufacturers while demanding politicians pass common-sense measures right now if not outright national civilian disarmament. There are so many angry voices on both sides, the sound is deafening.

I do not wish your sympathies, condolences and thoughts and prayers for the loss of my friends. That was many years ago. I miss them but for those of us who were there that day and survived, life must go on and I have. I am only asking for your reasoned consideration of what I have to say. I will attempt to not mince words.

I am 100 % convinced, what seemed to be at the time a “common-sense” gun regulation, prohibiting trained and competent military members from bearing and keeping arms in that facility, actually extended the killing field of a madman by multiple orders of magnitude. In a flash of violent rage, our peaceful “gun free zone” rapidly extended to the main hospital on the base, and became an open killing field for the long and terrifying minutes until a security policeman had ridden ¼ of mile on his bicycle and on his 4th attempt, put an end to the carnage.

In all honesty, I do not believe even if I had been armed, I could have personally stopped the murderer as things happened too quickly. As it was, I and my patient would likely have been just another of his victims for we were sitting there absolutely defenseless a few short yards down the hall. As I have already indicated, my door was wide open. Had he not left the building as he did and headed for the hospital but continued his rampage in the annex, I would not be here to tell my story. My story would have died with me. Instead I am here telling it to you.

I am certain my friends were destined to die that day and no law or regulation would have stopped it. I am equally certain the murderer would never have made it to the main hospital were it not for a “common-sense” gun control regulation. I am convinced at some point along his murderous path, the tables would have turned and he would become the hunted and not the hunter long before the security policeman arrived. I believe this “common sense” regulation is still in effect. To my knowledge there has never been any accountability for the increased carnage it caused but always keep in mind, one single life is no more precious than the next.

But the main thesis of this letter is not about determining what is a common-sense gun control measure and what is not. It is about the actual morality of the laws the Democrats, with great haste, are pushing forward. So I offer the following axiom:

I have heard it said and it is true, we have no light along our path to the future except that of the path we have already taken and to put our trust in the eternal law and the natural law.

The dangers, when we forget this and begin to deviate, can be catastrophic and deadly. Save for a few people, we all wish to take the moral path forward. But therein lies the difficulty for today, as it has been in the past, what might appear to be good, is evil and what appears to be evil, is good.

One thing is certain, in the fog of emotional angry outrage we have no assurance we will be able to navigate our way forward as a common people. While it can be difficult at times to determine the moral path there is something that can help us:

A moral law will always square with the natural law and an immoral law will be opposed to it as MLK pointed out from the Birmingham jail.

An immoral law, as with the laws legalizing slavery itself, will have at its root the seeds to establish and institutionalize an inequality among peoples. While it may appear for the “greater good” it will place the human dignity, protections (legal and otherwise), opportunity and accepted wisdom (not intellectual prowess) of one group or individual above another. In the end it will place the very value of the right to life and liberty itself of one group or an individual above that of another.

So it is that I assert, not in spite of but in light of my personal tragedy:

The gun control laws being proposed by Democrats are not just unconstitutional, but they are unconstitutional because they are unjust. They are unjust because they are immoral.

But how can that possibly be? Let us put emotion aside and with reason together begin to examine reality verses the common narrative and challenge if my assertion is true or if it is not.

I know that those in favor of gun-control legislation have the rightful duty, and likely will be the first to question my assertion and justly so, for is it not also actually immoral to do nothing? I assert that it absolutely is. So what is the path forward? Is this the reason for the impasse; the reason we have not made any progress together? I believe it is for those, who without pretense, struggle with the issue.

From my perspective, I clearly see that we absolutely have two competing moral sides of the argument, both of which are equally valid. We can’t ethically ad hoc dismiss the others position. What is the reality and solution? I now present my defense of what might seem to some to be indefensible, that stricter gun control laws being proposed by the Democrats are actually immoral.

In the case of Warren Vs District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
in which 3 young women were abducted and brutally sexually assaulted over many hours when the police failed to respond to their calls for help, the appellate court ruled in favor of the District on the basis that law enforcement has no legal duty whatsoever to protect the individual citizen. Case over. While this may come of a shock to many, it is not an indictment of our brothers and sisters in law enforcement. They need our support and deserve our upmost respect. Nor was the ruling a miscarriage of justice as I originally felt. It is simply that of necessity, law enforcement can’t possibly protect the individual citizen and to assume that legal responsibility, foregoing sovereign legal immunity, would very rapidly bankrupt our government. Given this reality the responsibility falls on the individual citizen and so begs the question I have not heard asked.

Why should the lawful citizen be forced to have weapons less effective against a criminal than what law enforcement uses to defend themselves and defend those in government? Do the concerns about “gun violence” and a moral imperative to try to curtail it override this?

Let us begin to frame the argument in very real terms and simply look at the proposed ban on assault style weapons, to better understand the moral question and envision the consequences of enforcement, as a litmus test.

Behind every law, moral or not, is a gun. Assuming the proposed laws banning high capacity assault style weapons pass, a lawful citizen who legally purchased a firearm exactly like what law enforcement uses, with no intent to do harm to anyone but does not comply with the proposed “(so-called) constitutional” laws, would be deemed a felon and forced into compliance by law enforcement using the very same type of guns they are confiscating from the citizen.

It is a chilling reality to consider that law enforcement, under the command of Gov. Northam could easily find themselves standing over the dead body or bodies of many citizens that previously respected them and meant them no harm, having acted upon his orders with the express intent to take from them newly banned guns, having slaughtered them using the very same type of guns they will reach down and lift from their lifeless corpses. Does this sound like a moral action or does this sound grossly immoral, unjust and even tyrannical? In reality it would be a moral outrage. There is more.

Passing a law with the intention to not fully enforce it “by lethal means at the point of a gun if necessary” is reckless and means you are simply passing laws to no effect unless you plan to starve the citizens into compliance or deny them other essential services. All of this for political gain, or to solidify your position within the party and appease the people who elected you? What about law enforcement or Guardsmen who will die being sent into harm’s way to enforce an unjust immoral law? Do your means justify the ends?

If you must pass these laws they must be passed with the intention to use lethal means of enforcement if need be, for as I have already stated every law is enforced at the end of a gun. This is simply a fact. To expect less is to put your heads in the sand and let thousands of citizens potentially become felons to no reasonable end.

You must accept the reality by a “yeah” vote to the measures before you, that you are willing to allow the Governor to incarcerate and/or legitimize killing citizens for non-compliance with the same weapons you are banning. Is this to be your legacy? This is why the consideration of the morality of the laws is so important for all concerned.

If there is a light at the end of the tunnel it is this. Although we seem to be at a moral impasse, actually we are not. We have at our disposal an important overarching self-evident guiding principle if we only accept it:

Passing immoral laws in an attempt to try to prevent immoral future acts is never justified and is an immoral act itself.

There is so much more that can and has been written about this as to fill volumes, as immoral laws violate our individual consciousness and philosophical considerations aberrant to the American ideal as it violates our Constitutional principles of equality.

While the above may sound somewhat esoteric and even alarmist, the question is very simple as guns, regardless of type, in and of themselves are neither moral or immoral, but laws are. Should your focus be on determining if the proposed laws are moral or not rather than the physical characteristics of a type of gun? Is this not more important than what type of magazine or what type of stock a gun has?

To my way of thinking, the answer is clear, you must find other ways, working together to do what you can for the public safety, without passing immoral and unjust laws. We do not need the Judiciary to determine the moral path before us, it is self-evident when by the simple application of sound reason we see the truth.

I apologize for the length of my letter. I know the tremendous pressure you must be feeling from both inside your party and activist groups on both sides of this issue but you were elected not only to represent the concerns and the will of the people who elected you, but to defend the Constitution. Under Oath, you chose to take this responsibility freely on yourselves.

By the grace of God, we are not a Democracy but a struggling Constitutional Republic so you must find the courage to determine the moral and just path forward and act accordingly lest we lose what was purchased by sacrifice for us.

Make no mistake, I assure you in this moment in our history, that not only are the eyes of Virginia watching but the eyes of the entire nation are upon you and us the common citizen being also bound by the natural law however the words of Augustine are appropriate here and I quote “An unjust law is no law at all”. As I write this 96% of Virginia counties, 14 cities and 21 towns are in open rebellion.

I needn’t remind you, within a few short days, thousands of citizens, most of whom but not all, are vehemently opposed on solid moral grounds to any new gun laws are about to descend on Richmond and we do not need another Charlottesville. I am truly fearful that a single thoughtless act by parties, persons or person on either side of this issue is all it would take to set us on an unrecoverable course away from peace when the answer to our moral dilemma is within reach. If my fears are unfounded, I simply do not know but I have learned enough to be afraid.

I understand you are the oldest continuous legislative assembly in our nation. You have the great honor and responsibility to continue what was started over 400 years ago. Our founders did not waste their time contemplating those things which by their nature are neither moral or immoral but rather the foundational truths establishing liberty and equality and the legal constructs to protect them.

You are obligated to make a determination if a law is just or unjust not just craft something and pass it along party lines because you can or you are told to do so. This is actually your oath to the Constitution for its construct does not grant rights but protects them.

You must fully consider the full ramifications of enforcement upon the citizen of the laws you are considering.

You must resist strong-armed politics and/or outside forces on both sides and not give into emotional sentiments ignoring fact and self-evident truths.

You must use good reason and ethical judgment, rejecting the politically expedient path in your work and apply extreme diligence in your considerations, every single waking day of your tenure in the Assembly, as was no less expected and required of me for the entirety of the 30 plus years I practiced Medicine, for that is exactly what is required of your office and I am asking you to do.

I wish to thank you for your every kindness and consideration of my thoughts on the matter. It is difficult for me to go back to that fateful day in June 1994, but if my words will help to calm the angry rhetoric I would do it a thousand times again.

I pray in earnest for peace in our communities and country, that God may grant wisdom to you, our elected servants to see clearly, not the politically expedient path, but rather the just path before you, trusting you be of sound judgment and of good conscience, standing with the lawful peaceful citizens of our commonwealth as defenders and not enemies of our rights and liberty. But in lieu of that, I pray Democratic and Republican leaders alike fully recognize that an army of citizens united by a common cause and enraged with a righteous moral indignation upon the infringement of what they believe is their God given rights is a fearful thing.

The relationship between the government and the governed is always tenuous at best but by our heritage always defined by consent of the governed. I am absolutely confident that the lawful citizens of Virginia at this juncture only wish to preserve the ability to use in their own defense, should the need arise, the same common weapons that law enforcement deems necessary and uses to defend themselves and those in government and is a morally just position.

Any law which limits them must be rejected. God forbid elected servants we entrusted with power now or 100 years from now would ever turn on us. The second amendment is like no other for in it is vested the strength to protect all the others and even to the extent our country from invasion as united the armed lawful American citizen represents the largest army in the entire world.

Respectfully,
David G.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20742 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If you guys have a GoPro I highly recommend taking it and filming as much as you can. Don’t think for a second that the worthless media doesn’t want to make YOU out to be the next Nick Sandmann.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
If you guys have a GoPro I highly recommend taking it and filming as much as you can. Don’t think for a second that the worthless media doesn’t want to make YOU out to be the next Nick Sandmann.

Excellent idea. Record as much as you can.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Reading David’s letter italicizes the fact that reason and logic require so much more time and effort to superimpose truth over emotional bumpersticker assertions, platitudes and false principles. This is why Leftists can do so much damage while the truth and reason struggle to keep up.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29593 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

"You can't reason with crazy, or have a polite discussion with evil."

God bless America.

Posts: 13399 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
That's one hell of a letter!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6187 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
That's one hell of a letter!

And waaaaay too long. Most people will immediately dismiss reading it when something is that lengthy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you guys have a GoPro I highly recommend taking it and filming as much as you can

If you don't own a Go-pro, I highly recommend an old cell phone if you have one. I use an old 16GB iPhone 6 as a car-cam and I can get around 5 hours of video at 720fps. It fits right in a top shirt or jacket pocket and peeks out just right for face to face video. You could use your current phone but I use mine too much to leave it static for video.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The show in Dale City at the VFW was fairly busy. Some good folks from VCDL were there, and workers with petitions to put Daniel Glade on the primary ballot. I signed my name to that, got some breakfast, a box of cartridges. It was a good morning.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Or just become a new state--South Virginia. We could use a couple more Conservative Senators.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Or just become a new state--South Virginia. We could use a couple more Conservative Senators.

flashguy

I like the South Virginia notion.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post