SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Or just become a new state--South Virginia. We could use a couple more Conservative Senators.

flashguy

Excellent idea. And it will take electoral votes away from the fascists in NoVa.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m with Flash on this. Let the Lefties rot in isolation.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Virginia City Councilman Brings AR-15 to 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Vote

Portsmouth, Virginia, councilman Nathan Clark participated in his city’s Second Amendment Sanctuary vote while carrying an AR-15.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that two liberals, Councilman Shannon Glove and Vice Mayor Lisa Lucas-Burke, were critical of Clark’s decision to bring his gun to the vote and asked him to apologize for doing so.

Councilman Bill Moody defended Clark, saying, “I do not believe that Council(man) Clark needs to apologize for exercising his right as a law enforcement officer to carry his weapon to a public meeting. I can appreciate liberals’ knee jerk reactions but if they have a problem with the law they should use the system they now control to change it.”

Clark told WTKR he carried the gun openly to show support for gun rights.

He said, “I had a lot of people come and talk to me after it. No one appeared intimidated. There the police officers that were there; they were aware that I had it.”

The council passed the Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution by a vote of 4-3.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ment-sanctuary-vote/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

As seen on facebook in one of my author groups. Mike Massa...
quote:
Mike Massa
14 mins ·
I'm writing a novella, and I'm researching the maximum effective vertical range of a fire archer. It is surprisingly hard to get a good answer, since the typical math-test type questions don't address draw weight, payload or drag, they just assume a starting velocity and gravity.

My best guess is that a self-bow firing a 18-20 gm arrow at 75mps with a 5 gm payload will reach maximum altitude in about 2 seconds - and yield a practical ceiling of about 100m (retained enough speed to stick) but I'm swagging the drag estimate a LOT. Also, that's a teeny-tiny payload. I think it has to be a lot bigger, so the range is correspondingly lower.

Anyone have practical fire arrow experience? My calculations strongly suggest that all those medieval and fantasy battle scenes where fire arrows arc a thousand feet outward with a three hundred foot apogee are so much bullshit.

PS - I'm already acquainted with the basic problems of fire arrow - burning your hand, snuffing the fire on launch, etc. My current, narrow interest is vertical range.

PPS - Dear FBI, I'm writing, NOT going to Richmond.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
To the patriots attending, designate a medic or 2.

I would bring;
Gas mask or goggles and a kerchief....not sure if a N95 mask works on CS
A couple liters of eye wash
Pressure bandages or 4x4s añd lots of gauze
A couple BOK
Water
Of course gloves and other PPE....including hard hat or bump helmet....leather gloves

I would also develope a limp and find a good hickory cane

What the videos about antifa in Seattle....

Designate a couple camera people

If you are with friends put a E&E plan together, share family contact details and at the very least talk through immediate action drills

Good luck I truly hope it is peaceful but I certainly would prepare for the worst.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
A couple BOK

BOK? Box of Kleenex? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
A couple BOK

Blowout Kit:
https://www.itstactical.com/me...ping-a-blow-out-kit/

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ I believe he is referencing Blow Out Kits.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
A couple BOK

Blow Out Kit(Nasopharyngeal tube, Hemostatic agent/pressure bandage(combo or separate) and Tourniquet)

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by gearhounds
quote:
If you don't own a Go-pro, I highly recommend an old cell phone if you have one. I use an old 16GB iPhone 6 as a car-cam and I can get around 5 hours of video at 720fps. It fits right in a top shirt or jacket pocket and peeks out just right for face to face video. You could use your current phone but I use mine too much to leave it static for video.

This is excellent advice! People are way more likely to have an old smart phone sitting around than a GoPro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"And waaaaay too long. Most people will immediately dismiss reading it when something is that lengthy".

Here is the essence of the loong letter.

The relationship between the government and the governed is always tenuous at best but by our heritage always defined by consent of the governed. I am absolutely confident that the lawful citizens of Virginia at this juncture only wish to preserve the ability to use in their own defense, should the need arise, the same common weapons that law enforcement deems necessary and uses to defend themselves and those in government and is a morally just position.

Any law which limits them must be rejected. God forbid elected servants we entrusted with power now or 100 years from now would ever turn on us. The second amendment is like no other for in it is vested the strength to protect all the others and even to the extent our country from invasion as united the armed lawful American citizen represents the largest army in the entire world.

Posts: 95 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
^ I believe he is referencing Blow Out Kits.

Thank you. I think that's another one that should be included in the "SF acronyms sticky," if, of course, we had one. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I apologize if this is a dupe but I don’t have time to put a link. It is probably important.

Mrgunsngear has a new video saying the gov there has installed a system to both monitor and to shutdown cell phones. Alternate means of comm would be good to have. CB, ham, GMRS etc.

I wouldn’t think their system would be too hard to immobilize though in theory.
Anyway if this is helpful please checkout his latest video as of yesterday.

I guess in theory someone could jam up their airwaves too but being law abiding citizens that wouldn’t happen.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I apologize if this is a dupe but I don’t have time to put a link. It is probably important.

Mrgunsngear has a new video saying the gov there has installed a system to both monitor and to shutdown cell phones. Alternate means of comm would be good to have. CB, ham, GMRS etc.

I wouldn’t think their system would be too hard to immobilize though in theory.
Anyway if this is helpful please checkout his latest video as of yesterday.

I guess in theory someone could jam up their airwaves too but being law abiding citizens that wouldn’t happen.

Mr guns and gear, law enforcement today,qanon, and a shit ton of others are way over the top. Hyperbolic to the extreme. Conspiracy bullshit 7 ft deep.

Show up, say your piece if you go to the delegates, be polite, be nice, bring a trash bag and pick up trash.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this pic is legit, it was posted on CTH.

This supposedly is the fenced in area.

source:

https://twitter.com/VACapitol2020

If you are planning to attend Lobby Day on Monday, here is a look at the entrance & exits for Capitol Square. Visitors will be screened at the entrance at 9th Street & East Grace Street. This is also an exit. Three additional exits are near the corner of 9th Street & Bank Street.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/...of-force-in-virginia

The Virginia State Police, the Virginia Capitol Police and the Richmond Police are all coordinating the event and have plans for a huge police presence at Monday's rally that will include both uniformed and plainclothes officers. Police plan to limit access to Capitol Square to only one entrance and have warned rally-goers that they may have to wait hours to get past security screening.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Monday that all is peaceful, and we have 100K of our side or more there. Seems like Lobby Day in recent past years, VCDL has maybe 200 show up usually. Unless some dumbass starts something, this could be (in the words of Sir Winston Churchill) our finest hour to show folks the true face of 2A supporters.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I absolutely love the fact that Northam and the rest of this liberal filth are scared, bordering on terrified. That one reality confirms just why the 2A is so incredibly important, and why they want it gone.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
absolutely love the fact that Northam and the rest of this liberal filth are scared, bordering on terrified.

I believe it was on MrGunsNGear's site that I saw this today:

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
From Facebook
“ This post is for education purposes only. To show how much saftey is being given for the Lobby Day to keep everyone safe.. please no discussions on comments.. ⏭Swipe to see more pictures⏭Send this to everyone you know that supports the cause. This has been a peaceful assembly every year let’s not let them provoke patriots with this obvious setup. Instead let’s vote them out!. (Taxed From @themarauderproject) peacefulassembly bringthemhomesafe #dtom #tactical #tacticalgear”

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post