SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My best hopes for your safety are with you all. Be careful, be situationally aware, help your buddies.
From this Kentucky member of this Sig Forum.
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Hello from overwatch in a parking garage 2 blocks south of the capitol

I left my house with a group of guys at 0445 this morning. I’m unable to walk or stand for long periods of time so I volunteered to drive down and then keep our vehicle nearby with medical supplies and to get folks out quickly if need be.

2 of my group are currently in the “thunderdome”...the fenced off area on the capitol grounds. Another is staying nearby outside the area so he can remain armed. As I said I’m up high looking north prepares to get them if needed.

So far so good. Capitol square appears to be at capacity (10,000 people) with probably double or triple that outside of that

Circling the area early this morning I did see some antifa. Lots of people openly armed. And lots and lots of cops

My brother in law talked to people off a bus from New Mexico!! He has also encountered people from Indiana, Iowa, Florida, Ohio and more

Thank you to everyone that has supported us

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Stay safe out there, guys, and gals!.

Wish I could be there, but my 82 year old body is not up to it.

Thanx to all who are there for what you are doing!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those there, my hopes and prayers are with you all.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I am watching the live feeds and pictures - this is awesome Virginia, very impressive. Outstanding job to all of you and to everyone that traveled from out of the state to show support. Looks like a great bunch of people there.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This is by far the biggest rally I've ever seen. To get an idea, see richmond.com and click on Live Updates story. I cant seem to post a direct link from my phone to the updates.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
https://www.richmond.com/news/...db-709d0965655f.html

See if this works.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Will be watching for reports from SF members attending the event... stand tall, stay safe, and godspeed.

And stay focused, situational awareness on high alert.

Any idea of crowd size? basketball arena size (10k) or football stadium size (60k)?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sen. Monty Mason, D-Williamsburg- “I hope no one gets hurt out there”

I wonder how many tyrants throughout history have shared this sentiment after being involved with illegal legislation. This rally happens annually- have democRATS voiced this opinion before? I doubt it. Somethings different this year....

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Give em' hell!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5367 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3569 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Prayers for everyone's safety and that the cry of freedom and individual God given rights is heard loud and clear across the country!

The media is doing a very poor job of covering this, but we all know that is intentional. Even Fox news has only a headline that you have to scroll down their page to find. WTH?!?

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by

Any idea of crowd size? basketball arena size (10k) or football stadium size (60k)?

Click on the link just above your post. It's full of pictures. Its 10 times football stadium sized.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:...

The media is doing a very poor job of covering this, but we all know that is intentional. Even Fox news has only a headline that you have to scroll down their page to find. WTH?!?

Why is anyone who is a patriot and aware, surprised in the least, over the "coverage" from
media, youtube and such?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sadly have to report that I did not make it.

I picked another person up and got to the I95 turn off to the Diamond. The turn lane on I95 was backed at a stop at least half mile. After about 45 minutes, we could see the top of the Diamond (it is a ball field). Traffic both ways on Arthur Ashe was at a crawl and hardly moving.

We tried to call a friend of ours who had left very early and get a situation dump from him, but we couldn't get thru. We decided the chance of a gridlock for the rest of the day was too high and we turned back.

Felt like we let the team down, but we were influenced additionally that VCDL had said last night the crowd might be 120,000.

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I think you'll be forgiven, sdy.

And damn it, do we really need two separate threads?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:...

Why is anyone who is a patriot and aware, surprised in the least, over the "coverage" from
media, youtube and such?

Agreed sigmonkey. Not surprised in general but thought that AT LEAST Fox News would put something more visible up which is what the (WTH?!?) was for. They are getting a lot of comments showing support for the rally under that headline regardless with only a few nitwits posting clearly oblivious, freedom hating, rabble rouser comments.

This will be spread by the live streaming and videos from those attending regardless of the media's efforts to suppress it.

LET FREEDOM RING!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Click on the link just above your post. It's full of pictures. Its 10 times football stadium sized.

So I'm guessing that the crowd in front of the capital is just a part of the overall crowd.

Looks great Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Wash Post

Dick Heller, whose landmark lawsuit a decade ago toppled the District of Columbia’s gun ban, kicked things off by referencing the gun sanctuary movement in Virginia, which seeks to declare cities and counties “Second Amendment sanctuaries” that will not enforce any gun-control measures passed by the Democratic-controlled General Assembly.

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!” Heller shouted, as the crowd chanted the text of the Second Amendment right along with him.

Soon afterward, state Del. John J. McGuire III (R-Goochland) — who is running to unseat U.S. Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.) in a district historically represented by Republicans — stepped up to address the protesters. He wasted no time in invoking President Trump, who has been an outspoken supporter of the gun rights rally.

Over the weekend, Trump tweeted a warning that Democrats in Virginia — whose General Assembly recently flipped to blue for the first time in a generation — wanted to “take your guns away.”

“Let me hear it if you are sick and tired of Republicans who do not support Donald Trump,” McGuire said, prompting a long and raucous cheer.

Erich Pratt, senior vice president of Gun Owners of America, charged Gov. Ralph Northam (D) with acting against the Constitution when he barred guns from Monday’s rally. Northam’s ban was swiftly challenged in court, but ultimately upheld by the Virginia Supreme Court.

“Democrats in the state are demonstrating … unadulterated power without authority,” Pratt said. “No one listening to my voice should never, ever vote for the party of gun control!”

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I saw video earlier from the surrounding streets and not just the capital grounds. Waaaaaaay more than 120,000 there. I would say closer to 300,000, possibly more.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post