SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 96

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donothing:
If I'm not missing something,those were not Va. State Police. I think they were capitol police. I used to work there.

Welcome to Sig Forum. And we appreciate your input and views.

I was going by the video title, assuming the officers were Virginia State Police. Could not see the insignias on the officers in the video.

美しい犬

Posts: 6541 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I'm not missing something,those were not Va. State Police. I think they were capitol police. I used to work there.

As I was looking at the video, the left side had 2-3 Capitol police and the right side had 2-3 VSP, so the title was correct as there were both present and dispersing people after they peacefully assembled.

Posts: 2452 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was Capitol Police.

And from what I understand, there are 4 democratic senators that has stated they will not support an assault weapons ban. AFAIK, the AWB that was introduced into the senate died in committee. I also understand that there are enough dem senators set against it that an AWB cannot make it to Gov Killem Young's desk. You can bet these dem senators will come under immense pressure from the other Bloomberg-purchased politicians.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Yes, it was Capitol Police.

And from what I understand, there are 4 democratic senators that has stated they will not support an assault weapons ban. AFAIK, the AWB that was introduced into the senate died in committee. I also understand that there are enough dem senators set against it that an AWB cannot make it to Gov Killem Young's desk. You can bet these dem senators will come under immense pressure from the other Bloomberg-purchased politicians.

The 4 dem senators who opposed it, opposed the outlaw, and registration. NOT the mag ban. Do not count on past statements. The bill was amended for the specific purpose of getting back those 4 votes.

Be sure to email and call daily.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't trying to be a wise guy. Thanks for the welcome Sunset_Va.

Posts: 52 | Registered: January 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for clearing it up. I thought it was State police also.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

Which is worse, do you think: coming under pressure from Doomberg-paid pols, or Virginia voters?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

Thanks for clearing it up. I thought it was State police also.

I could certainly be wrong, it's not unheard of, but I believe it was both. Like the title of the vid.

And just for clarification...this is a pic I got off the interwebs, the commentary isn't mine.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5370 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

No worries. Welcome to the forum. Glad to see some folks taking an interest in this whole ordeal. We just like to get facts sorted as fast as we can, so it was just a small correction.

I had seen the video that Thunderson has the screen grab of. Definitely both Capitol and State police in the room shooing people out. Oh well, now we know where us peon's stand in the scheme of things. They cleared that right up for us.

Posts: 2452 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again the emails for all the delegates and senators.

Thank you again for the comprehensive list.

I don't think I've ever sent 139 emails in one morning before. Cool

- - - - - -

ETA: Wow, I don't think I've ever received so many automatic replies so quickly either.

God bless America.

Posts: 11842 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Once again the emails for all the delegates and senators.

Thank you again for the comprehensive list.

I don't think I've ever sent 139 emails in one morning before. Cool

- - - - - -

ETA: Wow, I don't think I've ever received so many automatic replies so quickly either.

I use the BCC function to send the same email at one time.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have always been a law and order guy. I am a conservative, and that usually carries with it a certain deference to established authority, and respect for, and appreciation of the police. But when the police cease to be neutral arbiters of the law, and become the armed wing of a political party, they cease being the police.

Those grayshirts look like a nice bunch of budding proto-fascists.

With apologies to The Clash:

quote:
You start wearing blue and brown
You're working for the clampdown
So you got someone to boss around
It make you feel big now
You drift until you brutalize
Make your first kill now

I certainly hope that those of you who are deputies, city and town officers, and friends and family of VSP and VCP officers will let them know how you feel.

It may also be time to take up the tactics of an earlier civil rights movement, and get arrested for "trespassing" in your own statehouse. Make the bastards arrest and process 200 people each time they don't want the public to see what they are doing.

I know that this is easy for me to say because I'm in Florida, and it's not my ass getting arrested, but I learned it from my father, who was a union organizer for the Massachusetts Teacher's Union. They struck for pay and benefits back in the mid '70s, and the school committee members threatened to arrest them. My father called the chief of police, and the clerk of the criminal court, and told them his name, phone number and address and said "arrest me first".

The government backed down, not my dad.

"I will fight until Hell freezes over and then fight on the ice."

Captain William Mattingly at the Battle of Bulltown, West Virginia 1863

Posts: 11853 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
for those interested in Daniel Gade, he will conduct a meet and greet in Richmond this coming Thursday 13 Feb 2020

Posts: 17951 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
for those interested in Daniel Gade, he will conduct a meet and greet in Richmond this coming Thursday 13 Feb 2020

I met and spoke with Daniel Gade recently. His is a very impressive and inspiring story. I think he would be a more than suitable replacement for that awful dweeb, Mark Warner. HOOAH!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I understand "the why" of it, but I"m not happy with the fact that any of the automatic [email] responses I've received have included text like this (taken from Heretick's auto-response):

quote:

"Priority is given to our constituents in Portsmouth, Norfolk, and Chesapeake. If you did not include your street address in your email, please respond with that now if you live in the district."

On the one hand it's sort of "if you're not in my district I don't care what you have to say." On the other, my stance is "it's important enough for us to contact ALL of the delegates, so by golly ALL of them are going to hear from us."

God bless America.

Posts: 11842 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I understand "the why" of it, but I"m not happy with the fact that any of the automatic [email] responses I've received have included text like this (taken from Heretick's auto-response):

quote:

"Priority is given to our constituents in Portsmouth, Norfolk, and Chesapeake. If you did not include your street address in your email, please respond with that now if you live in the district."

On the one hand it's sort of "if you're not in my district I don't care what you have to say." On the other, my stance is "it's important enough for us to contact ALL of the delegates, so by golly ALL of them are going to hear from us."

This is something the left has done since 2012. Limit the response to their direct constituents only. They do this in hope that you don't continue emailing them.

Look, if you are voting as a delegate for state issues, you get to hear from all of the state.

posted Hide Post
And, if you use a fake address that IS in their district (easy to find one using google), then they will send you a response.

Posts: 893 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Today is "crossover day," the day on which bills move from one house to the other. It's the last day for additions, revisions, deletions.

On WMAL this morning, a dim picture was painted by the Republican House leader. The Dems have a 55-45 majority, and it's not likely there will be enough (if any) Dems to cross the aisle.

It's not just guns, either. Some of the measures being moved forward make states like California and New York seem positively mild by comparison. Virginia's position as the #1 business-friendly state is about to fall.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Today is "crossover day," the day on which bills move from one house to the other. It's the last day for additions, revisions, deletions.

It's not just guns, either. Some of the measures being moved forward make states like California and New York seem positively mild by comparison. Virginia's position as the #1 business-friendly state is about to fall.

To me, the Democrats are eliminating sound, good laws, and replacing them with laws that pander to the foolish.

美しい犬

Posts: 6541 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

And spending their time with things like ancient laws, rather than dealing with actual problems in the state.

God bless America.