SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ? Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
This was one of many names I went by when I played online PC games when I was younger. Of all the ones I used, this is the only one that really stuck, and made it to various fora.

Now, the story of how I came up with it originally and how it stuck is lost to time. I think it has something to do with the rise of Valve's Steam as a gaming platform and its global naming system, though.

Re: my signature line and more recently my CUT: when I joined I was still in college (electrical engineering major), and had just taken a class in the aC programming language. In C, you can write a function (mini program) or loop that references itself, but you have to be careful to add a way to break the cycle or you'll end up with a program that runs until it either crashes from memory leaks or the computer is powered down (probably because the program has sucked an insane amount of resources and everything else has slowed to a crawl). that stuck with me. Being the cheeky git I am I stuck something about recursion in my signature line when I joined and left it there, where it's been for almost 12 years now.

Some of our more technologically inclined members get a kick out of it and said so earlier last year, and I knew what must be done.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
GW= Gold wings which is an award given by the United Parachute Association for achieving 1000 freefall skydives. 3971 as I was the 3,971 skydiver to be issued the award back in 1993.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gw3971,

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
guess

Latin ... "prepare for war"

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My military service.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
At the time I was chapter president of our local Ford pickup club. AK (Alaska) Super (super cab) Dually (DRW truck) was my chapter handle, had been for several years prior. In 2002-2003 such internet bulletin boards were gaining in popularity, and me being in college mostly attended online, I avoided schoolwork by frequenting a lot of them. That's how I ended up here, looking for help in fixing a broken hammer return spring on my P220ST. I just asked for an account with the same screen handle I was using everywhere else.

Now...nearly 20 years later that truck is gone and I tend to use other handles...but it's become my sigforum name, so I'll probably have it until I die, and then long after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
It has been awhile ... and thought I would bump this back up to the top since have seen lots of different Sig Forum handles since the Para fund raising.

Please share.

Thanks. Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Mine? Because I’m not as creative as most of y’all.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the public perception is that visitors at a social security office consist mainly of the elderly, a few disabled people, and others on routine social security business, we get a fair number of others you may not expect. We get the mentally ill, illegal aliens coming in with fake documents trying to get a valid social security number, prisoners just released wanting to get their benefits reinstated (doesn't happen right away), and other difficult situations.

While it's not the manager's job to handle every difficult interview, it's also not the manager's job to hide in his office when some lunatic goes crazy, yelling, screaming and threatening. So on one such case, I responded to support an employee dealing with a crazy. The crazy said to me "Your nothing but a fucking fed." I was respectfully called a "Fed" for a while after that. (They dropped the fucking.) Ever since then I've used Fed as my handle almost everywhere. The 161 was part of my systems access PIN at work. I prefer Fed161 to FuckingFed so I went with that.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm left handed and had just bought my first Sig. Not very creative.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Initial of my first name, plus my ID number of the agency I was working for when I joined SigForum.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
When I joined this forum in 2003 my daughter was four years old and we used to watch the PowerPuff girls cartoons together. MojoJojo was their arch nemesis and she thought it was a funny name. Seemed appropriate at the time.

For perspective she graduated college last year.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
It was my first Sig, loved that gun !

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I've answered this, but again, when I joined the forum I owned six handguns. I'm not a complete revolver fan, but I do own several and enjoy shooting them too.

6guns

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Always liked Spaceman Spiff from Calvin and Hobbes, and my favorite SIG at the time was the P239. Not terribly original but it works.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I was always a decent shot as a youth, in the Army, and throughout my years in LE. Eventually went to college in Dahlonega and found out they had a college rifle team. Earned my bones until I got selected for a match. From them on I was happy as a pig in mud. They gave me a small scholarship to shoot, I WAS PAID TO SHOOT! Couldn’t believe it. 3 position small bore and air rifle. Eventually team captain and even started coaching a start up pistol teams. 10X is the absolute best shot you can make. Size of a needle hole bullseye. Traveled around the country shooting tournament for our college. Great times.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
From my trip of a lifetime. In the early 90s I got to go on safari in Africa. I spent two weeks hunting in Ibanda Arena Game Reserve in Tanzania.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Cause that's my attitude!!

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Great to read more responses to this thread ... fun way to get to know each other as cyber forum friends.

Thanks for sharing !

posted Hide Post
It’s a TOYOTA thing.

Posts: 234 | Location: GA. | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nickname for my Boxer Shelby Smile

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post