SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
ace73
I grew up about an hour south of you, graduated in '73, and also had an "Ace" in our class.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
My degree and also the industry I worked in.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was driving a gasoline tanker in the Pittsburgh area at that time.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
SEACLIFF DSV4, was the deepest man rated research sub for the Navy.
I would rebuild the DC propulsion motors after x amount of dives.
She was retrofit to 20k depth certification.

Sister ship was TURTLE DSV3 10k only.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
First name. Last initial. Clever, huh?

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Frayed ends of sanity, here them calling me. Pretty sure I’ve had this name since AOL chat rooms. It’s a Metallica song.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Batty of Blade Runner, my favorite movie of all time, and I was born in 67.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
My undergraduate degree is in chemical engineering. My alma mater abbreviated chemical engineering as CHEG. I graduated in 2001, around the time I started lurking at SIGforum, so that was fresh in my mind. I’ve also been a volunteer firefighter since I was still in college and at the time I signed up I was a newly minted lieutenant. So I put 2 things together that had personal significance and Lt CHEG was born. I’ve since used that handle for pretty much every online forum that I’ve joined. I’ve been an engineer, lieutenant, captain and assistant chief in the fire service, and I’ve also been a uniformed police officer and federal agent but never held the rank of lieutenant as a cop. I just use the handle out of habit now.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
While I don’t live in Colorado, it’s long been one of my all-time favorite places. I’ve had family and / or friends there going back to some of my earliest childhood memories.

About the time I signed-up here, we’d not been back too long from a visit there; the Front Range of the Rockies were fresh on my mind. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
My degree and also the industry I worked in.

You mean Nuculur?
Just kidding. Razz

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
When I joined Sigforum, I had just bought a 239, we lived in the woods 17 miles from town in the Ozarks. So I used the name Ozarkwoods. We have since sold that log home, did full time RVing for 8 1/2 years, and have now just built a house back in the Ozarks near Branson. Our plans are to winter here in Branson, and summer in the Black Hills in our fifth wheel RV.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I raced jeeps for 25 years and my class was XD

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Well it was pre Y2K @ 99 or 98 maybe ?? and I was sitting at my computer desk, perusing the web and found this place as I was selling one of my old 220's. I was asked to register and looked up and saw a box of 230 gr golddots lol...and the rest is history LOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P250 - Joined to research the P250 as I'd intended to buy one
UA5 - Chassis code for a 99-02 Acura TL which I was driving at the time.

Never bought the 250, but do have a 320 on my hip right now.
Acura has been gone for about 6 years.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Shortened from Spin Zone Fishing Team.

As all fishermen are liars, the team motto is "Tales spun here".

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
My lack of imagination

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6008 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson Model 58.
I get a grin ear to ear every time that I light one of those 41 Magnum off in it.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Itchy was taken

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I liked General Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf’s nickname so I used it for online gaming and then other online sites.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post